What's on your Monday Menu?

Amy Liz
on 9/12/22 6:01 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ That meme reminds me - I can't wait for 'You' season 4! Love that show. I'm sorry to hear about your nephew and hope you are able to see him soon. I had a fabulous weekend - lots of laughs, food and wine on the coast. It was beautiful! Back to reality. I have a packed calendar today - back to back meetings but good stuff. I have my transition plan (work in progress) and feel I'm in a good place - not stressed, just excited. Tonight is more football and DS is coming over.

QOTD - mostly eggs I love them. HB eggs, egg bites or yogurt. Sometimes cheese and almonds

B- coffee, HB eggs

l- buffalo chicken bites w/blue cheese and celery

d- TBD

Have a great day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

ladygodiva1228
on 9/12/22 6:02 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Good Monday Morning everyone. I really need to get my butt posting on here more often it does help me with my accountability.

The weekend was very productive. Started with my mom's birthday on Friday. I met my daughter and granddaughter at the orchard with my mom and husband. We did some apple picking, then went to another orchard that had peaches. I scored a bushel of second peached for $22. So this week will consist of peeling the peaches, freezing them and then this weekend they will go in the freeze dryer. The apples I will be making some apple sauce (sugar free) and I'm going to try and make apple cider vinegar. Spent Saturday running errands in the morning then we had the burning barrels going to burn brush. We took down 8 huge oaks and pines on the property this year so we are trying to clean up the brush left over. Sunday I spent the day cooking for the week and watching football.

I have my third iron infusion this Thursday. My ferritin dropped to 8 so the hematologist has me doing 4 weeks of infusions every Thursday. It is already making a difference. The last time I had them was in 2018. Now to get back on the treadmill and lose the 30lbs I gained the last two years.

QOTD: Some sort of egg thing. Either scrambled with meat/cheese or little quiches. Or just a slice a ham wrapped around a cheese stick.

B: Squash and eggs with a slice of ham and cheese.

L: Left over zucchini boat made with grass-fed beef

D: Home grown pork chops

S: 2 ham and cheese stuffed banana peppers

So my husband and I have been working towards eating homegrown and grass fed products. I have switched from the ultra pasteurized milk products to RAW milk. What a difference in taste and fullness. His blood sugar has even improved without taking medication anymore. We couldn't figure out why when he ate strictly protein why his blood sugar was up in the mornings and throughout the day (over 200). Then we started eating just grass fed beef and pork and his blood sugars in the morning were down to 120 or lower and has stayed there. The only thing we could think of is the regular beef and pork is grain fed mostly corn which commercial farms us GMO corn and soy for their feeds. I know many people will argue that GMO foods are good, but anything that is so pest and disease resistant makes one wonder what it is doing to the people and animals that eat it.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Greateight
on 9/12/22 6:13 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

QJB, that is scary news!

It's always fun to see a message in my mailbox, but i was disappointed to see that it was only somebody selling supplements. Boring.

The weekend kind of flew by. I was surprisingly busy considering that Marilyn was away from home. She came back raving about the Amelia island area.

Her friend was doing some sort of specialized diet plan where you basically have to eat their food except one meal a day. So Marilyn ate healthy all weekend. I was kind of excited about it because it would mean more healthy food in the house to make it easier for me. But it was short lived because she asked me to drive with her to Portillo's last night.

Boy did our temperatures drop. I think that it is at least 30 degrees lower than it was last week. Thursday morning I was complaining that I shut the bedroom fan off - last night, we didn't even turn it on and slept under the blankets.

I keep forgetting about it, but we are going to Eric Clapton tonight. I sounds like he sticks to a very tight timetable, so I don't think that we will be out late.

Whether it is part of a drink costume or just the beach theme, I am wearing Acqua Blue to the costume party.

QOTD: For the first two years after surgery, I ate TJ's turkey meatballs, cottage cheese and EBB and it was definitely my go to. Now, I don't really have a go to. Like Sheila, I think dinner leftovers are a good breakfast. Right now, like a dummy, I am eating a protein bar and the sugar alcohols in it are going to make my stomach hurt.

Breakfast: Stomach hurting protein bar

Lunch: Roast beef

Dinner: TBD

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Maddymoe2
on 9/12/22 6:22 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Jim,

I can't handle the sugar alcohols either. I also find the protein bars are to sweet. I do enjoy the epic chicken bars or the bison.

Greateight
on 9/12/22 6:42 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I know Kelly doesn't either, and she is just smart and avoids it. I will check out those alternatives.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 9/12/22 12:48 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Me too, now anyway. It took SO many times suffering and knowing better - volunteering to be miserable to finally stop.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

Teenie
on 9/12/22 7:10 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I also have Sugar alcohol intolerances that throw me into a tail spin. I know it happed with a Think bar one time and a Quest Blueberry cobbler thingy. I try to avoid them all together.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 9/12/22 7:24 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Think bars are loaded with Maltitol. I got really sick on one of those as well.

White Dove
on 9/12/22 12:19 pm - Warren, OH

When Quest started they had a great z sweetener but after a year went to the sugar alcohol

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Maddymoe2
on 9/12/22 6:17 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone and happy Monday. I woke up in the night to the sound and smell of rain. It was wonderful.

QOTD- I have been making ham egg cups lately. You spray a muffin tin with non stick spray. I love the garlic avacado oil. It gives great flavor. You line the muffin tin with a slice of ham, add shredded cheese. I like to use Swiss or gruyere, as it is very flavorful and a little goes a long way. I also add jalepenos and onion. Any combo works. Beat up 8 eggs, season and pour over filling. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. They are great cold. I make a dozen at a time. My husband loves them too.

https://lowcarbyum.com/pumpkin-pie-chia-pudding/

This is a recipe I want to try soon also.

Food for today-

protein shake with cold brew

egg ham cup

my version of sub in a tub. I had one at jersey mikes on Saturday and it was tasty.

smoked chicken on the GMG, probably some broccoli.

Have a great day. Be kind to yourself and remember how far we have all come.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics