What's on your Monday Menu?

catwoman7
on 9/12/22 8:08 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Everyone!

so sorry to hear about your nephew, QJB. I hope he recovers quickly!!

I had a busy weekend. It was cold and rainy and I was more tired than usual (not sure if it was the weather or the COVID booster I had Friday afternoon), but I managed to get a lot done on a Web site and got a bunch of reading done for my three classes. Plus I met a new friend for lunch yesterday, and we ended up talking for three hours. So mu*****ommon!

it's cold and rainy again today, so not sure what I'll do in the way of exercise. I could go to a water aerobics or a Zumba class at the gym, but I'm not feeling very motivated. BUT...I must. I changed the way I record my exercise. I have a Fitbit and use MyFitnessPal for tracking. All this time I've been taking what the Fitbit records and manually putting it into MFP. As I"ve mentioned before, I don't eat back calories (and certainly nowhere near all of them - at least most of the time!), but on the other hand, if I have some unplanned snack and I end up 100 calories or whatever over my goal, I don't worry about it too much if I've done a lot of exercise that day. HA! I now have the two apps linked, so MFP gets my exercise calories directly from Fitbit, without my intervention. The "problem" is, it doesn't record them as is (i.e., if I burn up 400 calories, according to Fitbit, it doesn't record them that way in MFP). What MFP seems to be doing is factoring in whatever other calories you burn that day (through NEAT, I guess - "non-exercise activity whatever", things like going up and down stairs and walking around your house or whatever) and then adjusting your exercise calories accordingly. So the other day I did a half hour of an online Zumba class, which Fitbit recorded as 200-some calories - and at first MFP recorded it as such as well, but then I checked at the end of the day, and it'd been whittled down to zero! Probably because I pretty much sat on my butt the rest of the day. Boo! So anyway, what an eye-opener...I need to get up off my butt and move around a lot EVERY SINGLE DAY, even if I don't officially "exercise"!

QOTD: I usually eat either plain Greek yogurt or skyr with homemade fruit compote (cooked down with artificial sweetener and flavorings such as vanilla or cinnamon), or protein oatmeal topped with plain Greek yogurt and fruit. I'll occasionally have something like protein pancakes or chaffles, but that's been rare these days.

B: protein oatmeal topped with plain skyr, diced peach, and blueberries, coffee with half & half

MS: nothing - had a late breakfast

L: chickpea/miso spread and a tomato slice on 35-calorie bread

AS: protein shake or protein muffin

D: not sure yet

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 9/12/22 10:05 am, edited 9/12/22 3:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I had to return some books to the library this morning and pick up a prescription at the drug store. Given this new way of figuring out exercise calories, instead of going to the closest library branch, which has a drive-through book return, I went to a different branch so I had to get out of my car and walk over to the book return. Same with the pharmacy - instead of going through the drive-through, I parked my car a block away and walked over and went inside. Clearly all these little things people do DO make a difference - or it seems clear by the way MFP is handling my exercise calories!

I'm sure when I do a long bike ride and burn up what Fitbit estimates is 500+ calories, a big chunk of that does carry over to the end of the day. But a half hour of exercise doesn't really do it if you're just going to sit on your butt the rest of the day. Of course, I knew that (through reading) -- but it hits home when you see those disappearing calorie burns on your tracker!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

supershopper
on 9/12/22 11:19 am

hi all

super late post for me.

weekend was busy then relaxing. sat i got the omicron booster, took the dogs for nail trims. sunday I relaxed and packed for the trip= leaving thursday project due and i'm really behind and its totally not my fault but i'm still irritated.

QOTD: egg whites, cheese, 35 cal bread slice, or shake with fiber one on top

i generally can't eat right away so I wait until about 11. sometimes that becomes lunch and I have sliced chicken, cheese and joseph bread

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics