What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/15/22 2:26 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Happy Thursday! I think I said this before, but with my new school schedule W & Th are my new weekends, so today I need to concentrate on cookies cookies cookies! I didn't get anything done yesterday because I got to go into Boston to visit my nephew. He is doing great considering what his body has been through over the last few days, but it was hard to see him looking so weak and tired.

But I also got to see the rest of his siblings, which was great. They are scattered across the country now and the youngest who just graduated from college is about to spend the year as an au pair in Austria, so it was a total blessing to get to have everyone in one spot so I could hug them :)

QOTD: What old shows still hold up and which don't? I was up in the middle of the nigh****ched a few episodes of Cheers. Still so good! I can't believe it's over 30 years old and (other than the outfits and technology) it didn't feel dated at all! I was impressed. On the other hand we watched an episode of Dragnet a few weeks ago, and OMG... that did not hold up! It was about the horrors of smoking pot and (spoiler alert) it ended with a drowned baby because the parents were too stoned to remember the baby in the tub! We had to howl with laughter at how silly the banter was and about the very outdated commentary about pot.

Accountability was nonexistent. Because of COVID restrictions they don't let family gather in the hospital so our home base was at a famous bakery. So that happened...

B: Fit Frappe Mocha & breakfast sammie with cauliflower bread

L: Veggie Burger with Tzatziki sauce

D: Quiche

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 9/15/22 3:40 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB and good to hear encouraging news about your nephew!

Not a lot planned for the day. I'm hoping to get a light walk in. I rode my recumbent stationary bike yesterday for about 10 minutes. I think I need to stick with walking as my back is hurting fiercely so far today. I'm so very tired and I've been up since 1ish. Walking hurts me too but I need to be moving more.

Thank you all for the replies yesterday! The atmosphere is a little lighter in the house now. The day all that stuff happened I realized I forgot my morning meds(which I never do so that was weird!) so that contributed to my emotional rollercoaster ride.

I'm such a nerd, I found a nice copy of Shakespeare's play Julius Ceaser. I also found a book about the dust bowl in my general area. I found them at the thrift store so they were 50 cents each. I do wish the play was in better shape but it's from the late 60's and a paperback.

QOTD: MASH holds up well for me. As much as I liked Friends a lot of it is kind of cringey to me. It's a mixed bag...some of it holds up and some of it doesn't. I find murder she wrote and a lot of the old sleuth type stuff doesn't hold up. I actually hate murder she wrote...LOL. I have a relative who is a know it all and it reminds me to much of her.

B: JUST egg cup and coffee

L: Chili with a tbs of whipped cream cheese

D: pork "wings" with some sugar free sauce

S: baked lays, pistachios, beef jerky strip and MAYBE popcorn.

hre is a pic of Percy to brighten your day!

Emiepie
on 9/15/22 9:13 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great news that the mood is lighter. Also, great job on the exercise!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/15/22 3:54 am, edited 9/14/22 8:55 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Morning everyone,

JB - good to hear about your nephew, and that you got to spend time with some family. Good luck on all the cookies!

Yesterday I had a couple of humbling, human moments. Three days ago I was stumbling around in the dark and kicked a 10 pound weight that lives by the gate in my hallway. Yeah, that hurt. Checked said toe and decided to walk it off since there were no bones sticking out. Worked out. Proceeded with my day. Came home to a spectacularly discolored toe. From there it's only gotten worse. I'm watching it but there isn't much to be done if it is broken. So. Onward!

The other thing yesterday that truly derailed my day after the pup stuff in the morning was coming home. I keep my gate shut to deter the wandering ninja cows but haven't been locking it. Remember how I've mentioned living in the middle of nowhere? I truly do. My house is at the very end of an almost two mile dirt road. There is literally no reason for someone to be out here uninvited. Imagine my surprise when I pull up to my still closed gate and can see a woman wandering around my house. She can speak but seems kind of confused. Starts asking about people who aren't around. Won't tell me her name or where she lives, though she says it's on my road. And she was watering my bushes. Said someone owned my property and sent her out to check on it. No car. She said she was walking for exercise and left on foot. I called around to warn my neighbors and they advised getting the sheriff's office involved since she might be casing my house. So. That was my night. Turns out he saw her several miles up a different road on the way here but didn't know it was her. So...she doesn't live here.

Anyway. That's the first time since I moved out here someone has been in my bubble, so to speak. It worries me since I'm heading out of town. I'm having a security camera delivered today from the local store and won't leave until I get it installed for my peace of mind. It's the only one they had, so more on order for when I get back.

QOTD - I can't think of anything offhand for yes. Any of the big soap operas for no. To me, they're television shows and I used to detest having to watch them.

Today is the first day I'm skipping a scheduled exercise day. I still need to pack the car.

Menu

Cottage cheese

Egg bites with veggies sausage and chives

Protein shake, fiber and collagen

Rest of the chicken and broccoli bake

Yogurt and seaweed

Have a good day, everyone.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Queen JB
on 9/15/22 6:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Holy crap, I would have freaked outttttt! Did she leave on her own? On foot?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/15/22 8:14 am
WLS on 07/15/22

I was much more freaked out than I'd like to admit. Didn't sleep well last night at all, and will stop leaving my blinds up when I go out. She'd have seen my TV and some furniture. The dogs sniffing around tells me she was here for a while walking around the house.

And yep, she left on foot. When the deputy got here and said he saw her, she was also on foot miles away. He didn't know that was her, though. He never called, so I doubt he found her. Just makes me nervous. Even though I could tell there were some mental concerns, she made comments about how nice and quiet it is out here, and about my dogs. Hence...at least one camera to start. Just a very odd experience overall.

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 9/15/22 7:04 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I wonder if she has dementia or something? Maybe she wandered off from a nursing home? Weird.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/15/22 8:16 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Maybe? She was definitely not always making sense and there was something going on but she was able to make some kind of conversation. The nearest town is about 13 miles...one heck of a wander!

catwoman7
on 9/15/22 1:01 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

yea - probably unlikely she wandered away from a nursing home, then.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 9/15/22 7:15 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Tape your toe to the next biggest toe to stabilize it. They would do that at med express and give you a funny shoe to wear. Take it from someone who has broken every toe. Some more than once.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics