What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 9/18/22 5:31 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

Not a lot planned for the day. Not feeling 100%. I think I might have a slight sinus infection. It could also be allergies. We're having a late season heat wave. Our roses and even some lilac bushes have bloomed for the second time this season.

I have a busy week ahead. Appointments Wednesday, on Thursday and one on Friday. I start my PT Wednesday afternoon and I'm apprehensive about it but since their pool is down I just have to at least try it. Just worried it'll cause more pain. 8 days till I see the neurosurgeon in Lubbock. I'm anxious about it. Afraid they won't be able to help me or that I'll need a BIG surgery on my back. Heck I know it'll be big but a four level fusion was mentioned by my neurosurgeon here. I'm at the point though that I need to get it stabilized. The bone on bone pain in my L3-4 is excruciating and the other lumbar levels hurt from bad facet arthritis. Just like me to worry about allllll the things.

QOTD: do you got to your areas or state fairs?

Our tri state fair started here and I don't plan on going. It's just to expensive and the food is wayyyyy to much for me. I wish I could've entered the photo contest again as I haven't since I won it like 6 or 7 years ago.

B: JUST egg cup and coffee

L: barbecue chicken and a few GF crackers

D: pork and I have a pie pumpkin I'm going to make "fries" out of. Not fried but baked. We'll see how it goes!

S: so unplanned for the day

Pendant I made Friday.

catwoman7
on 9/18/22 6:49 am, edited 9/18/22 6:43 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

we're meeting "the moms" for coffee at 10:30, then I have to cart my mom around to a couple of stores. That's fine - I don't mind doing it once a week when she's buying several items. Nothing else on the agenda other than to keep on top of my classes. It'd be easy to get way behind since there are three of them, and they all require a lot of reading (plus one - the 1960s history one - also includes some movies). It's a beautiful morning, so I should probably get out and get some exercise, too - I think it's supposed to rain later on this afternoon.

QOTD: never been to a state fair - sounds too chaotic and crowded to me. We've been to our county fair two or three times - and I used to go to the county fair every year when I was a kid in Ohio. I don't do the rides or eat the food anymore (most of it looks pretty unappealing anyway) - but I love going in the barns to see the animals.

B: either plain skyr with fruit or protein oatmeal topped with a dollop of skyr + fruit. Coffee with half & half

MS: may have an iced latte at the coffee place (with SF syrup)

L: I probably won't be home, so I'll take a protein bar with me

AS: scone (need to get rid of these things - too hard to make substitutions in scones that lower the calories and make them healthier (unlike muffins). I can use artificial sweetener (although there is no sweetener in this Scottish variety), but they need the butter for their structure. Not true of muffins... Oh well, as long as I can work the calories into my plan....)

D: chickpea/miso spread and a tomato slice on 35-calorie bread

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/18/22 9:36 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Evening,

I'm just getting home from Georgia. Long drive.

Instead of tubing yesterday we took a short hike to Anna Ruby Falls. It's about a mile round trip but the walk up, though paved, is a moderate incline. I didn't need to stop the whole way up, and that feels like progress. I also got a couple miles of walking around town in. I got some nice olive oil and balsamic vinegars to keep things interesting.

Accountability: A nickel-sized bite of fried and breaded pork schnitzel. Half a sip of peach bellini. I'm not counting the pieces of bratwurst, knockwurst, or bacon since it's really the fat content that knocks them off my list. I am craving vegetables so badly after eating so much sausage in a weekend.

QOTD - Not since I was a kid.

Today's menu

A fried egg and two slices of bacon

A piece of fancy aged Asiago cheese

OWYN protein shakes times three while driving

I'm glad we took the trip. I'm also glad to be home with my house in one piece.

Night, everyone.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 9/19/22 5:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I only craved veggies once; it was after 2 weeks in Scotland and our dinners usually came with potato and vegetable and it was just a potato prepared a different way. I loved it because yum but when we hit JFK on the way home, I had to have a salad, lol

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/19/22 8:22 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Sounds like the German-style food! Everything includes potato salad. I bet that was the best salad you'd had in a while, airport food or no!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 321 views