What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 10/2/22 3:23 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Sunday mornin everyone, wishing safe travels to those heading home from the OH conference!

Not a lot planned for the day. Yesterday went ok. Randall LOVED his cake. I wasn't happy with it so much. The black gel frosting was a huge pain in the butt and I have tremors in my hands so it wasn't...great. He loved it though so that's what matters to me. He kept asking "how did you make this?" so that was a win. I forgot to get a final pic. He had asked for chocolate chips or M&Ms on his cake so he got a M&Ms cat vs pickle cake. He was happy with everything he got.

I haven't decided if I'm going to the soccer games today. I am leaning towards not going. My back and legs are killing me from sitting on a picnic table bench yesterday.

QOTD: are you a fall flavors person or a winter flavors person?

Thats a tough one for me as I like em both but I think I have to go with winter. I love peppermint...but I also love warm spices. Ahhh I can't choose!

B: leftover GF pizza & coffee

L: PP shake and ???

D: spaghetti sauce with zucchini noodles...maybe a slice of gf garlic bread

S: ???

pic of cake before the M&Ms

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 10/2/22 4:15 am, edited 10/1/22 9:17 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning!

Loved that movie. I could think of worse voices to have in my head. The cake looks adorable! I'm glad your nephew loved it. You're right - that's what matters!

QOTD - Not sure what this means. For me flavors include food...like stew, lentils, and split pea soup. For that, I say winter. If flavorings...fall for sure. I can take or leave mint.

I spent way too much time yesterday sleeping but assume when my body crashes that hard it's for a reason, and I need it. Energy levels are still up and down without much consistency.

Last night I did some research and ordered vitamin K supplements that include both K1 and forms of K2. Until recently, I didn't know much about K. Yay for learning, I guess! I'm still eating all the foods that are ri***** but think my body could use some help.

Today's to-do list includes washing/vacuuming the car again, maybe picking up a prescription if it's ready, cooking, watering, and vacuuming. Also considering putting out a bucket of water for the deer. It's been so dry since early June, I think they're getting desperate. My cameras are triggering them hunting around my well house. And exercising. Maaaaybe the treadmill instead of elliptical today but I'm not fully convinced yet because I have crappy balance and disruptive dogs.

Accountability- Porq rinds. Feels like half the stuff I report is still protein forward, just not on my allowed plan. These aren't bad in sodium, don't taste "piggy", have unique flavors, and 9 grams of protein per serving. They will be in rotation for a snack on my menu for options.

The last few days have been the highest calorie days since I kicked this off. Think I even broke 1,000 (best guess because estimating retreat food) for the first time. If the foods are the right ones, I'm all for it since it gets my protein and fiber up. I've gotten over 100g a couple of days now. Woo!

Menu

Protein/fiber/collagen

Cottage cheese pancake with uncured bacon bits and spinach

Stew

Yogurt, seaweed, Porq rinds

Have an excellent Sunday, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 10/2/22 6:51 am - Warren, OH

That cake is adorable. I am probably the only person on earth who does not like the pumpkin spices, but I love Christmas spices.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 336 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 2 views