What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 10/4/22 3:07 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! It's not even 6am and I think I'm already having a bad day. First, I am waiting at least an hour after my acid meds to have coffee, so please excuse the typos, lol. Second, I have been playing the same first 2 words in Wordle since the game started. Literally YESTERDAY I decided to switch up my 2nd word and today the answer was my old one! No fairrrrrr! The other thing that is bumming me out is that one of my papers is just not flowing this week. I don't think it's terrible but it's a data analysis project, not a traditional paper, and it just feels disjointed. I don't know how much I should try to fix it. I don't need to turn it in until Thursday but I really wanted to fini**** today so that I can get to some big baking deadlines this week!

But in more positive news, I chewed on Tums all day and I do think I woke up with the GERD feeling a little better.

QOTD: Do you eat fruit? I rarely eat any. I think I should add more but it's hard to fit it in. I'd guess I have about 3 apples a month and blueberries and cherries a few times a year. I add pineapple to a cauliflower dish I make occasionally, and I can't think of any other fruit I ever eat!

Accountability has been good lately. I am trying to be inspired by the conference (by proxy!)

B: Egg whites with onion & feta ... eventually coffee...

L: Veggie Burger with tzatziki

D: Steak

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 10/4/22 3:21 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menuers,

Sounds like a jumbled start to the day. I hope coffee makes it better later on, and that you get the inspiration needed for your data paper.

QOTD- Pre surgery I ate a lot of berries (minus strawberries) and some apples. Right now, nope. Probably going to be a while before they're back on the menu. I always had to be in the mood for fruit since it was frequently too sweet for me.

Today and the next two days are busy, meeting-packed office days. I'm getting ready to go, kinda. Exercised, showered, and made my egg bites for the morning, anyway. Running through my morning routine and using posting here as an excuse to procrastinate. :)

Accountability- None

Exercise - Elliptical- Done

Menu

Protein/fiber/collagen

Egg bites with spinach, feta, and uncured bacon

Neglected spinach and turkey slice

Cottage cheese x2, seaweed

Cheers, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 10/4/22 3:26 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB and thanks for getting us going.

Yesterday was a rough day pain wise and it's carried over into today. The car thing yesterday took a little over 5 hours so that didn't help. I woke up in tears around 1:20 this morning.

We did end up eating out at a deli and I had a super yummy salad that I skipped the dressing with, which I usually do when I eat salads out.

I have a zoom appointment with my psychologist this morning and it's needed. Lots to talk about. After that my mom is wanting me to make her some more muffins. Going to try an orange cardamom recipe and a different apple muffin recipe. We'll have to run to the grocery store for an orange and another apple.

QOTD: I love fruit so I eat it more than I probably should. My fav is raspberries lately. I don't keep them all the time but when we do a Sam's run I buy some there.

B: JUST egg cup and coffee

L: GF wrap with chicken lunch meat, cheese and lettuce/salad

D: chicken tortilla soup

S: Rice & nori crackers, PP shake and a GF waffle

Partlypollyanna
on 10/4/22 3:38 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Tuesday!! This week is rolling along quite well. With the new team, I've re organized my schedule a bit so my Tuesday-Wed-Thursday all start at 530 and then all my meetings begin at 6; it may make it harder for me to get to the office that 1-2 times a month I was thinking about though. This week is all round tables with my new teams and one on ones with some new stakeholders -- yesterday's individual stakeholder meeting started various iterations of "oh, I'm so glad you took this role" and then verbal vomit of all the problems. I love it.

QOTD - yes, blackberries, bananas, apples, melon if I'm having breakfast out since it's always part of the breakfast plate if you decline hasbrowns. Bananas I usually only buy two at a time for protein magic muffins but everyone once in a while I really enjoy one.

Today I have a dentist appt and my personal trainer, plus I need to run and pick up a library book and tonight fold all the laundry I did between meetings yesterday so that's pretty much my after work day sorted, lol.

Menu today

Coffee plus half and half X2

small eggnog latte

greek yogurt

left over burger

balanced break

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 10/4/22 6:10 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Verbal vomit-lol!! I can relate.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 10/4/22 7:51 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I love bananas but I can't keep them in the house. If I have bananas I'll bake.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 10/4/22 6:07 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- I hope the GERD continues to improve and that the paper comes together nicely. I know you'll hit all your deadlines!

QOTD: Yes, honestly probably too much but I eat at least a piece with each meal.

TSS: 8 years 1 month

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, SF pudding and an apple

S: Protein puffs, a peach and yogurt

D: kohlrabi noodles, turkey meatballs, TJ creamy basil sauce, carbmaster toast, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt

E: Elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1350 Protein:106 Carbs: 136 Fat:45

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 10/4/22 6:17 am, edited 10/3/22 11:19 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

QJB, that is a great meme!

I have to go into the office today, so of course I have the physical ability to sleep limitless amounts this morning - where was that yesterday when I had the morning free?

I have been watching silly movies at night lately. Last night, I watched Dodgeball for the first time. Me and Marilyn were trying to figure out who the actor was and what roles he played. It turns out he was the guy in the Apple vs. Intel commercials from way back.

Also, I never knew that when Crossfit.com makes fun of the national gym chains they took the name Globogym from that movie.

125 squat snatch with good form yesterday. I think that is a PR for squat. I did 121 at the meet in August and 126 a couple of weeks ago, but both were power snatches. I am determined to get to 135 by Christmas.

QOTD: This ties into yesterday's discussion a bit. I eat some fruit, but I should eat more. My nutritionist recommended it to help with regularity. In general, I eat a fair amount for a WLS patient and should have no problem fitting more fruit and vegetables in.

Breakfast: Fritatta

Lunch: Catered, I think

Dinner: chicken

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 10/4/22 6:55 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Soo crazy here at work being first day back so no formal post but wanted to jump on to say I love yinz guys and I will reach out to get more infor from the Microbiome lady and see if she can email me the presentation she had with the list of fermented foods and what we need to avoid to get our gut health in check and get off the Miralax. Jim was there we had a good discussion so I don't see any reason she wouldn't want to share it with us. As soon as I can get back with the infor I promise I will share it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 10/4/22 9:18 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Woo! Thank you!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 521 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 260 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics