WHAT'S ON YOUR SATURDAY MENU?

Julia S.
on 10/15/22 7:10 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- What mythical creature would improve the world if it existed?

I would have to say a unicorn, or possibly dragons either one would be great.

I'm working today to make up for not having any work on Monday. So I will get my 40 in this week.

I'm addicted to the nature park, I've only missed one day and that was due to the kittens vet appointment. I just go in and wander, taking whichever path I feel like, most of the time I'm not sure where I am but you really can't get lost. There are little signs that say what trail it is and point to the nature center which is the way out. Today will be another 80+ degree day in the middle of October. I think it's supposed to cool down next week, but what we really need is rain.

I got rid of the muffins, and will be giving away the candy corn. Not willing to suffer to enjoy it. I got some canned pumpkin and was planning on making pumpkin custard, which is a much healthier alternative. But I just haven't gotten around to doing it, plus with the heat I didn't really want to use the oven.

Still not finished with the Halloween decorations-waiting on my roommate, and I haven't got a costume. I need to get going since it is coming soon.

Thank you Uber, my Mom needed to go to urgent care and rather than take hours away from work I sent an Uber and it worked great. I told her she needs to install the app on her phone, but for some reason she is afraid of the technology, I'm not sure why since she used to do QA at Tektronix and is no stranger to it. But she has a block and doesn't think she can do it.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

lmfontana4
on 10/15/22 7:23 am
RNY on 03/24/21

happy Saturday,

Julia-that is great you are able to get 40 hours of work this week. I know that is a stressor for you. I would have a hard time not knowing if a paycheck was coming each payday and the amount. I like the dependability of a "regular" position. I guess that is why I am not an entrepreneur.

Today, I am doing the 5k with a friend. Probably a little shopping with DS. He is interested in the Nike 77 vintage shoes mid-top, so needs to try on for size. He wants to buy a custom set, so we need to know the exact sizing before we order. Dinner out and the MMA fights this evening.

QOTD: Let me thin on that one...

Meals: TBD

E: 5k walk

Have a great day.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 10/15/22 11:14 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Congrats on your 5k! Feels like all movement should be celebrated. Cheers.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Lisa91941
on 10/15/22 7:51 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

Love that you did UBER for her. I've used it in that way several times. All for friends/family that were intimated by the process. I find that if I sit with them and we take a little trip together, and help them do the process themselves, it becomes less overwhelming and they are more willing to use it on their own. Maybe plan a small outing with her for a coffee date and let her Uber you both?

I had a pretty successful food day yesterday. Love a small pouch day. I only got in about 20 minutes of walking, but I'm dressed to go out soon and get in a few miles. We have nothing on the calendar today, but Rog is going to help a neighbor trim a tree. I think I will concentrate on housework since I'm off my usual schedule of things.

QoTD: Maybe fairies. Sweet little things flying around granting good wishes.

Menu:

B: left over scrambled egg/bacon/cheese mixture

L: maybe left over maui ribs and sweet kale salad.

D: I just took a frozen piece of leftover smoked pork butt and three pieces of cheddar/jalapeno bread I made out of the freezer. The plan for tonight is pulled pork sandwiches with bbq sauce and cheddar butter.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

FinallyBecomingMe
on 10/15/22 8:05 am, edited 10/15/22 1:07 am

Hi Menuers !

Its lovely to post on the regular board occasionally so Ill do it though I already posted on my own.

PT and yoga and using my teeter to decompress my neck disks ( and using the chiropractors magic machine to do the same thing if the WTC fund pays for it ) is a THING now that Ive repeatedly seen how just a few sessions of PT work.

My issue is just scheduling time for me and my well being not just the endless business of putting out fires , parents, pets needs etc.

I need to remember that I had no problem showing up for docs appointments when I had my recent health scare so I DESERVE insurance paid things like leg capillary removal, PT treatments , the free gym membership (yoga classes zumba and HIIT my insurance will pay for ) .

Its still hard to prioritize taking care of me though the benefits when i do are SO evident .

Have a great day everyone !

Resolution- stay out of the holiday pastries and candy

I think genetically resurrecting fire breathing dragons would definitely improve the world if in fact they ever existed ... but theres so much tantalizing archeology in Europe and China implying that perhaps they DID live and were not just an exciting figment of overheated imagination ...

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 10/15/22 11:13 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Congrats on getting your 40! That's so worrisome. Glad you have the nature park. It sounds so peaceful. I'm sharing heat with you. Supposed to be 92 today but down to 27 Tuesday night. I keep thinking we're done with 90 degree days...so fingers crossed.

I bought some beautiful leeks, a small container of salad greens, and a few more vegetables this week now that I'm allowed raw stuff. Since we're somehow supposed to freeze this coming week, I'm going to attempt a clam chowder recipe this weekend. Very excited about it. I've also got stuff to try a meatloaf. I'm still feeling like wasting a lot of food where I eat a few bites and then just don't want anymore. Will make a full chowder but a half meatloaf to try and head off waste.

Today has been a heavy sleep day already but I've gotten some basic stuff done. Hoping for laundry and cleanup. Have a bit of a sore throat going on. Maybe the changing weather? Ha.

Bit envious since a friend of mine in Vermont just sent a stunning picture of the trees from their yard. Mine are all...heat stressed and brown. Really no colors here. If they just stay for another week...I'll be up that way! Need to get my travel stuff around. My inverter should be here Thursday so I can get creative with the cpap.

QOTD - air whales. They were a hypothetical creature in a book I read, once. They would be ethereal and beautiful to see.

Accountability- nothing I'm not allowed to eat. Kinda glad the disinterest in food is lasting a bit. If anything, I'm struggling to eat enough. No protein shakes since my last appointment but I'm thinking about adding one back just to help.

Exercise - officially a rest day. Maybe, but still haven't been doing more than two on and one off.

Menu

Quest protein bar

Turkey chomp stick

Chipotle Porq rinds

Yogurt

Cottage cheese

Collagen/fiber

Something small to make it to 90g of protein

Cheers!

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

lmfontana4
on 10/15/22 2:44 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Sounds like ou re hitting at least the minimum of 60 grams of protein so that is good. What kind of chowder are you making? I hope your sore throat is just weather changes. I would love to have the heat you are takling about. We are running about 68-70. Leaves are changing and falling.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 10/15/22 4:33 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

You're welcome to the heat. :) I'm amused by the fact that the high Monday is 57. And thank you - throat seems to be worse in the morning. Maybe it's from mouth breathing with the cpap.

New England clam chowder is my favorite for sure. This is the base recipe I want to use and will tweak as appropriate. I've never made a clam chowder before! I do have a backup can of Bar Harbor NE clam chowder if something goes wrong but that one has potatoes in it. I miss potatoes!

And thanks a second time. :) I'm supposed to get 80-100 grams per day. Finally at a point where I can aim for 90, so yay for that!

White Dove
on 10/15/22 2:10 pm - Warren, OH

Julia, look into your mom's health insurance. Mine covers rides to doctors for free. I don't have to inconvenience my family and I don't have to pay Uber fees. Most Medicare plans offer that, but most members don't know about it because they don't read their benefits booklets.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Julia S.
on 10/17/22 8:46 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Thank you I'll check that out.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 336 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 378 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?