What's on your Monday Menu?

Melody P.
on 11/15/22 1:35 am - Amarillo, TX

My grandpa was one of 16..kind of right dab in the middle. He was a main financial supporter of the family at 11. He always said his dad was lazy unless it was making kids. He loved his mama dearly and loved his dad too but did not respect him like he wished he could of.

It still amazes me that my grandpa was such a kid at heart. I miss that almost the most about him. After everything he went through in life...the Great Depression, hoboing for work, alcoholism, PTSD and the other effects from WWII...I'm just amazed by him.

He would gripe about the tree or the lights outside but if they were not up and shining he'd be even grumpier.

Melody P.
on 11/15/22 1:30 am - Amarillo, TX

My grandpa could be a grump but Christmas was his favorite thing...not only the food but he was just such a kid at heart. He was always shocked to be getting things as gifts...saying he didn't think he'd been this good. With how he grew up and what he'd been through in life I was always amazed at how he lived. He wasn't perfect by any definition of the word but he never ever claimed to be either. My mom called him her own Peter Pan. My Lord I miss him!

there are a few people who I avoid at certain times of the year. Now that my extended family has pretty much disbanded since my grandparents deaths the holidays are a much less stressful time. I miss them both a lot though!

Partlypollyanna
on 11/14/22 3:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Monday! I'm ready to make it a great week! It will be a fast one, that is for sure!

My weekend was very good! I enjoyed my morning at the National Civil Rights Museum and my afternoon at Graceland. I found the NCRM to be exceptional and would highly recommend it.

Today, not much is preplanned except I stopped and picked of some ratio yogurts fro breakfast this week and I have a few protein bars if I need them. I would love to get a filet and asparagus for dinner but will depend on where the team picks to go.

I am going to finish coffee number 2 and then do today's yoga series, yesterday's was great, I can feel some of those deep muscles this morning which is always nice when you've earned it!

Qotd - I have some early blooming amaryllis, some regular amaryllis that are starting to peek up and a gorgeous planter with purple and green shamrocks that makes me happy. Until I grew these (from a 99cent grocery store thing) I didn't even know shamrock grows flowers!
have wonderful Monday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 11/14/22 6:05 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I didn't know shamrocks flower! Cool

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 11/14/22 6:33 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Here is a time when both the green and purple ones had blooms at the same time!

Jen

Emiepie
on 11/14/22 7:25 am
RNY on 08/11/14

They are so cute too! Yes, I think a flower can be cute.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 11/15/22 1:37 am - Amarillo, TX

I would love to see that museum!

catwoman7
on 11/14/22 5:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

nothing scheduled for today, so I'll go to the gym later and also try to get caught up on things (as usual...). It's supposed to snow tomorrow. Ugh. I have a doctor's appt in the morning and class in the afternoon - hopefully the roads will be OK. Somewhat busy week this week (i.e., after today), so hopefully I'll get ahead on some stuff while I have some down time today.

QOTD: no. For one thing, I'm bad at plants. I can kill anything. For another, we have four cats. Some of them would certainly eat any plants we had out.

B: plain skyr with diced, cooked apples. Coffee with half & half.

MS: protein shake

L: salad with pulled chicken and light dressing

AS: protein muffin

D: chicken salad?

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 11/14/22 5:41 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ 2 papers on Thanksgiving?? So wrong! You got this. My weekend was so different from the plan, but all in all good. For taking a rest day yesterday I was exhausted with all the things and was in bed by 7pm. Sometimes I feel like I can't keep up like I used to and my energy is zapped more than usual lately. I have some doc appts Wed and Thurs w/bloodwork so maybe some answers or a clue - hopefully all is okay. Trying new workouts it is clear that I need to start from the bottom and build up. I want to get more serious weight and strength training in but I need basic balance and core - I feel weak there so that is my focus. These basic workouts feel good and I'm looking forward to getting stronger. I was watching videos yesterday of large women working out hard core - cardio, heavy lifting - before and after it was very inspirational. Today at work, more of the beast project. I have 2 more day to knock it out. Otherwise, bid-niz as usual.

QOTD - I was just saying this morning - my poor sad plants, I have 5 - I should just put them out of their misery... and mine. My mom had a green thumb and always had tons of beautiful house plants. I just have no desire to keep up with that anymore. I like flowering plants that once they bloom and die - you toss - like the ones I impulsively buy at TJ's. I even have a fake Christmas tree now and wonder why I did do that years ago!

Yesterday:

b- coffee x 2, eggs w/cheese and green chili

l- quesadilla - grilled chicken and cheese on 2, 25 cal 0 net carb tortillas

d - grilled chicken and side salad

s- lots of cherry tomatoes

e -no

+5 ounces of wine that I didn't finish - who am I?

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 11/14/22 6:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You will get there Amy! I am constantly finding things and muscles that need work or where my perception of where I should be doesn't match reality. My trainer says that we also have to be aware that bodies change daily and know that's normal - some days you aren't at flexible or as balance or as strong as others.

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 234 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?