What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/17/22 2:23 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Teenie, did you make your Chaffles, yet?

Whew, I was soooo busy yesterday but I am getting a lot done. I booked a few more cookie decorating classes for December so I need to start figuring out how to hype them up. I am teaching one tonight at a brewery, so that should be tons of fun :) Before that today, I really need to get ahead of Christmas cookies so that I have enough social media content. SO much planning!

QOTD: If you had to get a giant tattoo that filled your entire back, what would you choose? I really don't want this, so I would go kicking and screaming, but I would design some beautiful geometric Mediterranean tiles, I think.

Checking in on some accountability. Sobriety is going well. I slipped one day last week, but mostly good. Exercise is going...okay. I am moving my body more than I had been but, admittedly, not pushing myself into a sweat, so yesterday I joined the gym again. Food, however, is still not great. I am just not motivated to stick to my menus and I eat off plan more than I stick to what I have written. But one step at a time... I am sticking with no alcohol and increased exercise before I really freak out about food.

B: Chaffles & coffee

L: Tuna Melt on Cauliflower Thin

D: Air Fryer Chicken

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 11/17/22 2:42 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

I'm not really feeling to great right now. Something is up with my sinuses. I have a slightly irritated/sore throat. I'm over this crap! Just when my old cough was going away here comes another turn. Boooooooo! I think it's all sinus related but annoying none the less.

We have to get a few groceries today...eggs and a few other things.

In what I hope isn't a sign of the day to come my favorite cold brew coffee cup has a crack in the bottom! No crying over spilled milk but sweet coffee...we'll that's fair game for crying!

QOTD: with the huge scars on my backs...well I REALLY don't want this. If in a perfect world of spotless skin I'd choose an octopus or jellyfish. I really don't want a big tattoo of anything though.

food is totally unplanned...no clue whatsoever

Teenie
on 11/17/22 6:52 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I hate losing a favorite beverage vessel. Like losing an old friend. Hope you find the perfect replacement.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

lmfontana4
on 11/17/22 7:22 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I "recycle" the plastic cups from Starbucks (the disposable ones) for my cold brew coffee whenever I make a drink purchase from them. I usually also get a free trenta ice water with every purchase 1) to have the extra clear liquids available in the car, and 2) an extra cup for reuse. I know I am a cheapo but I like their cups. Then, I will make my home cold brew in the cup, wash the cup multiple times for another use but if I am somewhere out and about, I can throw away the cup also. FYI, today is red cup day at Starbucks where they are giving away free reusable red cups when you order a hand-crafted beverage.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Emiepie
on 11/17/22 11:14 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Em starts at 4p today and she is hoping all the Red cups are gone by then.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 11/17/22 8:14 am, edited 11/17/22 12:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Nooo, don't mess with the coffee! Any chance it's repairable with hot glue and a prayer?

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/17/22 2:44 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menuers,

You stay so busy! Hope you find enough time to do all the organizing needed before your decorating classes!

Busy week here. I'm facilitating a training class today and have been working on talking points and notes. Feels like I'm less worried about it than I should be since it's meant to tee up conversation and be informal. Today is also four days in a row at the office. Least I'm working from home tomorrow. Supposed to be hosting an information session in the morning but I'll be supporting another person through it instead. Brushing off my facilitation skills. Just been...tired. Like, all I want to do is sleep.

QOTD - I have one tattoo already, so maybe some beautifully designed Celtic knotwork? Would need to be pretty stunning for me to agree to a full back tattoo.

I've been walking halls and the city but between the office time and 2.5+ hour commute every day, not much time for anything else but maintenance this week. Still moving. Would be sweaty if it wasn't 35 degrees.

Going to start reporting my yesterday's menu since mine has also been different from plan.

Yesterday

Crustless chicken pot pie

Protein chips 3/4 single serving

3/4 grilled chicken breast

Burger patty with cheddar, mushrooms, onions, lettuce, and pickle chips dipped in a bit of aioli

Cheese stick

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Queen JB
on 11/17/22 8:20 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Giving you some advice not to be like me, haha. I hope you keep planning your meals and don't just do the report back. Because when you plan, you are setting intentional goals for calories and other macros. Totally fine to just do the report back here, but Im just giving you a gentle push not to stop planning!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/17/22 4:20 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Thanks JB! I don't intend to stop planning at all. It's an important component of success in my personal journey. :) I've had a couple of obstacles this week but wanted to be accountable for my menu. These heavy office weeks with no breaks make it hard to get food in, and I'm running into apathy toward some of the things I prep in advance. And not wanting to eat later (preferably not after 4pm). So...working around that. I'll still plan! And appreciate the motivation.:)

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 11/17/22 2:58 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and yay for Thursday! QJB, if you have friends in neighborhoods near by the place you're teaching the classes, see if they can post about your class in the FB community or even the dreaded next-door. Word of mouth is huge! I hope your class is a ton of fun tonight...and I'm sure it will lead to more people. You could also do certificates for classes for next year as christmas gifts; I try to do experiences vs gifts with my middle aged nieces and nephews - cooking decorating would be so fun. A friend just had an in-home ****tail making class at her community center but cookie class would be fun for the whole family. Good job on joining the gym!

Yesterday was so busy, got home, had a couple meetings, ran a couple of errands and then went to my trainer...she was very kind to me and did a great stretching session that offset all the airplane and conference room time and then I came home and completely crashed. Today is 15 meetings in 9.5 hours so it's going to be a long day but tomorrow is much more reasonable and so are the couple of days next week. Just need to get through today and the light at the end of the tunnel is NOT the train!

QOTD - I'm getting my next tattoo in January, but it's not a giant back piece, just a mid size leg piece that will be done in the style of an old school botanical line drawing and combine the thistle, eucalyptus and lavender. I guess if forced, I could make it larger and put it on my back, lol.

I may take a rest day today; I haven't had one in a few weeks -- or I may just do a boxing session; it may depend on how work goes, lol.

menu today

eggnog yogurt

barebells bare

RGF chicken bites

cheese stick if I need it

have a terrific Thursday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?