What's on your Saturday menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 11/19/22 5:06 am
RNY on 02/14/18

There is a really great movie called Ondine from 10 or 15 years ago about an Irish fisherman who falls in love with a selkie. Not the same as a seahorse but made me think of it. I think you would like it

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 11/19/22 5:27 am - Warren, OH

I would love that movie and see that it is available on Amazon Prime. My dad believed that webbing on the hands or feet meant there was a selkie ancestor in that person's background.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/19/22 5:06 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Fun fact. There's an aquaculture farm called Ocean Rider on the big island of Hawaii that raises seahorses to be sold as pets so people don't steal them from the sea. Your dream could still come true! Also, if you ever go there, they let you"hold" the seahorses by them curling around your fingers. It's as adorable as it sounds.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 135

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 11/19/22 5:10 am - Warren, OH

That is so fun to know. I would have to see how feasible it would be to put an aquarian in my condo and how much care would be involved. I am planning to get to Hawaii sometime this year. It has been on my bucket list for about 40 years and I just never got there. Thanks for letting me know this and I will definitely check out the seahorses.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 11/19/22 6:23 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ That meme is so true. It's Saturday morning and I need to tape my eyes open so I don't blink! Yesterday, I blew it. I went to TJ's hungry and ended up buying my favorite sweet thing - almond Kringle, wine, the sample snack and rosemary nut mix. I got home, and hit that Kringle and the snacks and felt so sick. I haven't done this in such a long time - WTF? Anyway. I looked at the Kringle on the counter this morning and felt gross. If I eat breakfast today - it will definitely be eggs. Today we are walking the dogs in the park. I am swapping my hike for yoga today since my stomach is still upset. Mall, arcade, Red Robin and hopefully a nap!

QOTD - The dragon choices made Toothless come to mind - we can all have a dragon playdate!

Yesterday:

b- coffee x 3 and cottage cheese w/EBB

late lunch - almond Kringle, spicy snack mix, rosemary nut mix - not a ton but enough to make me sick

d-chicken 25 cal tortilla roll up

s- more Kringle

+2 unmeasured glasses of wine - I didn't even enjoy probably because of the crap I ate. I'm taking a break that will include Thanksgiving.

e-The swimming I did doesn't count as exercise. I don't see this working honestly with my sister wanting to socialize it's too distracting - but very fun!

Today will be better.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/19/22 7:39 am
WLS on 07/15/22

It's so hard to shop hungry. I'm sorry those items made it home with you...you've been working hard! Sounds like you're getting back on the track you want to be, so good for you! Every day is a new chance to make the choices you want. :)

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 135

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 11/19/22 6:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

day one of phentermine. It takes about an hour for it to kick in (for me, anyway) so I'm happily buzzing away. I think I'm just going to try to drink protein shakes this weekend to give myself a jump start, then I'm going to start eating lower carb beginning on Monday (I've never been particularly carb sensitive before, but i think I'm headed in that direction now - given what seems like constant hunger, cravings, and my now higher glucose level (c. 100 - which is high for me - it's usually around 70-80 - so SOMETHING is going on here....). I don't eat a lot of the "bad" variety of carbs (as in white bread, flour, rice, pasta) - as in, hardly ever, but I'm going to cut all that out regardless. I won't do keto - but I'm going to try to keep my carbs around or under 100 g/day. I ate around 80 g a day during my weight loss phase - and only very occasionally up to 100, but I don't think I ever went over that the first two years out (my program didn't count carbs - they stressed balance - but with the high protein requirement and the fact I couldn't eat all that much in general, my carbs naturally stayed around 80-ish). As I mentioned earlier, I don't eat a lot in the way of high-glycemic carbs, but I'll cut any I do eat and then try to keep even the lower-glycemic ones in check and see if that helps. I'm so happy to be starting this today because we went to a social last night and, as usual, I blew it. Too much wine and food. I felt horrible last night and again this morning - so this is the perfect day to start a new program!

Nothing much on the agenda this weekend or next week (besides starting to cook on Wednesday), so I'm going to try to get caught up on some things I've let slide.

QOTD: I guess I'd stick with cats since I love them so much!

I don't even know if it's worth writing out a menu other than I just finished my usual two mugs of coffee (with half & half). I'll allow myself more of that later today if I want it since there's no carbs in that, and I'm not too worried about the calories in the half & half since I'm not planning on much of a calorie intake today. I'll probably have 4 or 5 protein shakes today - but I'm not going to worry if I "need" more than that since they don't have all that many calories. Even my fanciest "concoctions" run around 200 kcal, and I'm planning on just doing plain shakes today, so we're talking 100-150 kcal. So..not many. Hopefully I can do this - and it's just for two days!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 11/19/22 7:40 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. Yesterday I got in a good yoga workout Youtube video whi*****luded some very hard balancing and core exercises and followed that immediately with a hip and low back stretch video. Which felt heavenly. I was starving yesterday! Added 2 snacks, which is very rare for me and I caved on wine last night. 8 ounces. Made a super healthy, low cal dinner though so a bit of an offset, and though I was starving, I stayed the course with measured, pre planned meals that fit my goals. But dammit on the wine. .

Today I have a breakfast quiche in the oven and plan to leave for the stairs as soon as it comes out. Really trying to build up my endurance on those as I think it helps with my HIIT class demands for more strength. I've got nothing else really to do, but might brave Trader Joe's for snacks for the Thanksgiving trip. Or I might wait until tomorrow early to do that.

Menu:

B: piece of quiche, no crust

L: left over turkey butternut squash recipe from last night

D: Rog wants to make Chicken Cordon Blue. I will have a few bites and I'm roasting that acorn squash at long last!

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Julia S.
on 11/20/22 8:28 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Definitely a dragon.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active