What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 11/20/22 3:59 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Sunday mornin everyone...hoping you're having a great weekend.

Not sure what today'll hold. We may go get the rest of the thanksgiving groceries or we may wait until Tuesday. It'll be up to my mom.

Yesterday we went to Sam's and they had samples of their pies. I had a bite of each because I'm stupid sometimes. The pecan pie was good but to dang sweet. Not a huge fan of their crust and the sweet potato pie wasn't spiced enough. To honor my late best friend I am making her sweet potato pie. I really have been missing her! As usual we are probably overdoing it on desserts.

QOTD:

I could pick a few off of this list! Chicken wings and fried chicken are my top ones.

B: JUST egg bowl and coffee

L: ???

D: Brussels sprouts and ???

S: ?????

Partlypollyanna
on 11/20/22 4:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Sunday!

Yesterday on my drive, I stopped by the Cathedral of the Plains, it's church in a town about 3 miles off the interstate but you can see it from the interstate (Kansas is pretty flat); I was there early morning so I stopped and took a few pictures. Very pretty - when it was built in 1911, it was the largest church west of the Mississippi.....and was very much in the middle of nowhere pre-interstate! Since it's Sunday and church on Sunday is a thing, here are a few pictures.

QOTD - pizza, steak, fries but can leave everything else.

We'll have to do the planning for thanksgiving shopping today, get everyone's favorite dish list, my youngest nephew has already said he wants a pumpkin pie from the pumpkin, so we know we're doing one of those...we tried to explain that pumpkin puree in the can is just pumpkin but no dice, lol. My sister had her first batch of peaches from her tree this year so we'll also be making a peach pie, plus holiday potatoes. We're currently having a family discussion on do we want turkey or ham.

I'll get in a work out of some kind before I head to my sisters, I brought my spine corrector, medicine ball and boxing gloves, so I have options. I did a weight ball session and stretching yesterday morning which was lovely; will probably do the stretching series again, it was so delicious.

menu today

coffee plus half and half

cheese stick and L&F greek

white chicken chili is for dinner

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 11/20/22 4:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

wow - that's a beautiful church!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 11/20/22 6:39 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I had to google the spine corrector! that looks very cool. BTW the vault is on sale (1/2 price) and closeout - just my luck.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 11/20/22 6:47 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Seriously? Timing is everything! I love the spine corrector for stretching and ab work!

Jen

catwoman7
on 11/20/22 4:55 am, edited 11/19/22 8:56 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well, I did eat two things of yogurt yesterday, plus a Keto bar, and about 1/4 C of chicken salad (I'd originally planned on just protein shakes), but I still came in at 1100 kcal, and I feel great - felt great last night and feel great again this morning. I may extend this another day since I wasn't able to stick to just protein shakes. But this isn't really a "punishment" for straying off my original plan - it's more that I'm pretty happy with what I ate/drank overall yesterday, and I never felt deprived or hungry. I feel pretty confident I can do it another day - or even two...(or more!)

I need to work on a Web site today that I'm afraid I might have mucked up yesterday in my haste to do traffic encryption (i.e., making it more secure). I hope this all works out. The thought of trying to deal with this again today is stressing me out, but everything needs to be finalized by the end of the month, so I don't have much choice. Other that that, not much on the agenda today, other than getting caught up with other things if/when I'm done with this Web site work.

QOTD: the only two things I'd actually eat on that list are tacos and pizza, but I do like some of those other things (fries, mac & cheese, and the steak (but only if it's lean and has been seasoned or has a great sauce on it)) - although I rarely eat anything like that, so I wouldn't miss them if they were gone. I flat-out wouldn't eat the burger unless it was a plant-based burger, I'm not a fan of fried chicken, and I don't like hot dogs. Not sure how I would rank order those three on my "no way" list.

I don't have a menu planned today since I'm still doing just protein shakes with maybe a couple of low cal/low carb food items if I want them. Hopefully this'll work as well as it did yesterday! Have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 11/20/22 6:30 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I'm not ready for Monday yet, or ever really, lol. Yesterday was nice - got all of our shopping done. We are going to my brothers for Thanksgiving and bringing a dish plus doing our own Thanksgiving on Friday. Went found a local coffee shop we didn't know was there and holy crap the bakery was to die for - Sheila would go nuts. We went to the mall arcade and played some old school pinball - they had a few of my favorites, but were seriously lacking on the 80's arcade games. They are still building the place so picture Dave and Busters with an 80's pinball corner and a few less popular 80's arcade games. Please give me Galaga, Frogger, Tempest, Centipede, Dig-Dug, Q-bert!! to name a few. Thank you Matt for sharing your free Red Robin birthday burger - it was delicious!! Came home, napped and had a lovely dinner and relaxed all evening - very nice. Today is wide open and other than taking the dogs to the park, no plans - yay! I want to declutter and organize my closets, laundry and meal prep - basically putz around the house and listen to my book. A little football here and there.

QOTD - Bye-bye fried chicken - I just never understood the draw. My mom loved it and she made it often, that and all the KFC buckets - yuck. Off the bone/no skin fried is fine.

Yesterday:

B- coffee x 2 and a SF hazelnut latte, 2 cheese sticks

l- 1/2 Red Robin lettuce wrapped burger and more than 2 fries - probably 7-8

d- baked chicken, 1/2 small baked potato and green beans

s- NO KRINGLE

+ 15 ounces of wine, slow and lovely

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 11/20/22 6:49 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Same on the chicken, I've never had a taste for it and I definitely prefer my chicken boneless, skinless and shrink wrapped in all scenarios, lol.

Jen

White Dove
on 11/20/22 10:42 am - Warren, OH

The only fried chicken I will eat is from a restaurant that belonged to a guy who called himself Uncle Nick. His slogan was, "If the colonel had our recipe, he would be a general". Not sure what his secret was but a lot of garlic was involved. Nick's son runs the place now and the chicken is still the best I have ever tasted.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lisa91941
on 11/20/22 6:43 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Up and ready to roll. Not much on the agenda today. We are going to brave Costco to get flats of water for our trip to Mexico and maybe TJ's to get snacks. Need to find a few things without eggs in them so my kid can snack along with us. The fun cheeses and meats are easy, but we all need crunchy things when playing cards!

I was better than 100% on my food choices and I completed the stairs and the long way home. I had 2 glasses of wine.

QoTD: I never eat hot dogs or pizza, I really do not like them. And steak does not like me, bummer. So those can go. And Amy, FRIED CHICKEN? Depression sinks in.

Menu:
B: leftover baked chicken and cottage cheese

L: leftover turkey and butternut skillet bake

D: something to use up the last of the smoked pulled pork. Cleaning out the fridge for the trip

E: I will get in a walk this afternoon after we return from the grocery shopping on the Sunday before Thanksgiving games. May the odds be ever in our favor!

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?