What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/25/22 3:36 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Hope you had a fantastic day. I definitely did :) Small gathering - just 5 of us, but it was a very nice day to be together.

My eating was pretty much exactly what I thought. A few bites of everything but not much of anything. The turkey cooked faster than we thought so we raced to get the rest of dinner on the table as soon as my parents walked in the door, so we never had the appetizers I made. I have a ton of leftover cheese :)

My pic is of the regular and cinnamon butter that I churned myself yesterday! I was so impressed with myself, lol.

QOTD: When is the last time you were lost? I'm not sure if I have ever shared this here, but I dealt with some really severe trauma in HS after a lot of people I loved dies in a short period of time, and on top of it, I witnessed a very horrifying accident that killed a friend. I developed a severe anxiety about some weird stuff, and getting lost was the thing that scared me the most. For over a decade afterwards I would cry and panic if I had to go somewhere new. Lots of therapy + GPS finally cured me of the fear and I don't have any worries about it anymore. But the other day I sort of flashed back to that time in my life and realized that I haven't been (or even felt) lost in ages and ages! Yay!

Ahhhh, what will I eat today?? I have so much to choose from.

B: Coffee & leftover brie & apples

L: leftover everything (turkey, veggies & potatoes)

S: more cheese?

D: more leftovers of everything

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 11/25/22 4:02 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB and everyone.

Well yesterday was a **** show. I did most everything. It was exhausting. My SIL did absolutely nothing but chomp. My brother and SIL were both very sick and my SIL talked to me while letting spit land on my face. So yeah I am not a happy camper. I am so very very sore. This'll likely be the last time we do this to that extent. Both my mom and me are tired of this. Christmas we're doing a lasagna and fettuccine Alfredo. Probably both premade or frozen. They are so picky and well...rude about food that I'm tired of giving a crap. They'll be less desserts as well. Though I must say the fruit pizza was excellent even though the glaze didn't set up properly...so so good.

Sorry to be a gripper but I just need to get it out and then move on. It's cathartic for me to put pen to paper so to speak.

Today'll consist of a lot of nothing! Woot!

We may or may not get some snow but I'm betting on just rain. We need it either way though.

QOTD: on our trip to Houston/San Antonio 15 years ago was the last time other people got us lost. We were almost to San Antonio and my aunts husband insisted we were on the right path. I had the map in another car and finally told my mom to pull over since we were in the lead. I had to tell these people that were headed to the big bend area. Took a while to convince them. Ugh. Also on a trip to Denver we got kind of lost. It turned out to be a fun lost though. As you can probably tell I hate being lost so I plan ahead seriously a lot.

Food is all leftovers. Breakfast was mashed potatoes with gravy(the best gravy we've ever made btw) and a slice of ham.

hope everyone has a great day!

Melody P.
on 11/25/22 4:03 am - Amarillo, TX

Opps pics!

Partlypollyanna
on 11/26/22 3:44 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I always love seeing that Lake Louise picture; it's beautiful perfection!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 11/25/22 7:00 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

What's going on with the water therapy you have not spoken of it lately?

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 11/25/22 7:08 am - Amarillo, TX

Medicaid wouldn't extend their deadline so I only got three sessions. Super disappointing because my pain pump trial made me have to cancel one.

Emiepie
on 11/25/22 7:45 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I am glad we can be here for you as a sounding board so-to-speak.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 11/25/22 8:49 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/25/22 4:24 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menuers,

We all made it to Friday! Hooray!

QOTD- First off...I'm glad you were able to get what you need to move past the trauma after your losses. It's a lot to handle. Second...I was also terrified of getting lost. Back in the days before GPS, I had a car full of maps. I also used to print out or write down everything from mapquest.com. So. Nowadays, so long as I have more than a quarter of a tank of gas and I'm in the US where I have a pretty good understanding of the geography of gas stations, I'm pretty okay. To answer the question, on my road trip. I happily navigated to the middle of nowhere following my Google map but there was no signal once I arrived, so was on my own to find the way back. I'm horrible with directions. East and west mean nothing to me. But I can look at the offline map and use it to navigate back to some kind of town, and that's what I do in those situations. Fortunately, with 99% less panic than I would have had 20 years ago.

Might do some non sale related shopping today. There's a Ross and Marshall's up the road and I could use at least one pair of well-fitting pants. Maybe Goodwill, too. Have to wait till everyone is up because little boy will bark in protest at being left behind.

Accountability- Quarter of a pear with cranberries, three bites of stuffing, less than half a biscuit, and two sips of Moscato. I made an over ambitious plate and it took three meals to eat the turkey, veggies, and the pieces I could. I did go back for another piece of turkey because protein.

Exercise- it's raining but supposed to stop in a few hours. Dog walking and store walking.

Menu

More Publix cold cuts

Oikos triple zero

Protein bar

Turkey, probably some carrots and squash. Not many veggies left over.

Pics are of my over ambitious plate and of the pears before they went into the oven to bake. They were just pretty. Cheers, all!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Teenie
on 11/25/22 7:04 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

what is between the squash and brussels sprouts?

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics