Post op REGAIN 14 yr out... HELP!

Nu1979
on 12/26/22 12:48 pm

I've had laparoscopic rny gastric bypass coming up on 15 yrs in March 2023. I went from 286 Ibs to 126 Ibs after surgery. I was very small and wanted to gain some weight back. I didn't want to be a size 3 or 5. I prefer a size 8-10. I need to lose about 45 Ibs and I lift heavy weights to change my body shape and composition.

As a RNY post op what diet works best for you? Low carb, keto, IF, carb cycling, low fat etc to get the extra Ibs off??? Thanks in advance for your reply.

White Dove
on 12/26/22 2:03 pm - Warren, OH

The only thing that has worked for me is Weigh****chers. I can eat any food I want as long as I count my points and track my weight. I have tried all of the other types of diets out there and ended up feeling deprived. This morning I am 4 pounds over my goal and plan to lose that one pound a week by the end of January.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Nu1979
on 12/26/22 2:11 pm

Thank you for your response! I've tried WW before surgery and lost weight.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/27/22 1:55 pm

Counting calories doesn't do any thing for my weight. I need to follow low carbs - keto type diet to lose weight.

On I need to count all carbs, and to follow clean keto diet. No fake foods , no keto type deserts, no fake "net low carbs foods".

On diet lieke that, my appetite gets naturally lower, and my cravings are practically gone after 1-2 weeks on the plan.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Nu1979
on 12/28/22 8:52 am

Thank you! Low carb, carb cycling, and IF have worked for me. I was always afraid try Keto due to a higher intake of fat. I carb cycle when I'm working out with heavy weights so that I can have carbs on my weight lifting days.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics