What's on your last day of 2022 menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 12/31/22 3:45 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and welcome to the last hours of 2022! I saw this on Facebook earlier this week and I thought it was a nice thought for heading into the new year!

I am up early this morning and just getting a slow start with the internet and my coffee before I get the day going. Going to get in my workout before I head out this morning to meet a friend to see a movie "Empire of Light" with the always amazing Olivia Colman. It's that time of year where they start releasing the potential Oscar winning movies and I try to see all the Best Picture nominees before our Oscar Night extravaganza. And then I don't have anything planned for the rest of the day, it's so indulgent.

As you are looking ahead and planning for NYD, remember that whatever you do is what you'll be doing all year long...so make sure you plan appropriately. Somehow, although I never do laundry on NYD, I still end up doing it all year so there may be significant holes in this superstition.

What is your # 1 watching, reading, listening recommendation from 2022?

Watching - Sandman on Netflix

Listening - Bone Valley for podcast and Amanda Shires "Take It Like a Man" for music

Reading - I just looked back over my Goodreads challenge, I read 167 books this year and gave about 10 5 stars - many more 4 stars through. My top 5 recommendations for fiction books would be 1. The Midnight Library by Matt Haig; 2. The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Clunes; 3. The Red Rising series by Pierce Brown; 4. FairyTale by Stephen King; and Fevered Star by Rebecca Roanhorse (definitely need to read Black Sun first though). For nonfiction - 1. The Revolutionary by Stacy Schiff -- I have about 100 pages left and this will be my final booked finished this year but it's that good (and a perpetual recommendation is her Cleopatra); 2. Traitor King by Andrew Lownie; 3. Slenderman by Rebecca Hale; 4. I'm glad my mom died by Jeannette McCurdy; 5. The Arsonist by Chloe Hooper...I also really liked Karachi Vice by Samira Shackle.

menu today is coffee and tamales..only tamales, lol. My dozen that I ordered were delivered late last night and they were still warm. Even though I had just had dinner and was still full I was SOOO tempted to eat one right then. I did not but I considered it. So I will have a couple today and freeze the rest.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday and a safe NYE, however you spend it!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 12/31/22 3:59 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Jen and weekend menuers,

That's a good meme! It's all about the work you put in. And mmm, tamales. :)

QOTD- for me with these it tends to be what's in most recent memory, so the Avatar movie. I don't listen to podcasts or audio books since they put me to sleep. Read...haven't read much new this year since it's something I've given up as a balance for screen time. Just comforting old favorites.

Today I'm going to make some traditional New Year's meals I've never tried before, plus get on with some meal prep. For the first time in my life I purchased ham hocks and chicken thighs, so this will be fun. I've also got to take the dogs in to the dog wash, and my car is due for service again. I spent two hours cleaning and vacuuming it yesterday to work on the accumulated fur that comes with driving thousands of miles with the super furries.

Need to find the motivation today to put together the cupboard for the kitchen pantry. And get my house more clean. Kind of want a clean slate for the new year.

Accountability- been okay but the scale still says I'm up 7 pounds. Will have to see if it falls off in a week like normal travel weight but I haven't lost anything in weeks. Seems to be my new cycle.

Exercise- will get in recumbent bike today

Menu

Fairlife protein shake for the dealership, ratio blueberry yogurt, rolled meat and cheese, maybe chicken soup if it's ready, protein chips

Have an excellent Saturday and New Year's Eve, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 12/31/22 4:02 am, edited 12/30/22 8:03 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

It does go slower/less dramatic as you get lighter...and you have lost 100lbs but don't worry, as long as you keep doing the right things, you'll get where you are going....and everyone's time frame is different!

New recipes are fun; I know a lot of people prefer chicken thighs because they tend to be more moist and flavorful than the breasts. I have never made ham hocks, are you putting them in black eyed peas?

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 12/31/22 12:49 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Yep yep, I think it will just be getting used to the new normal. Will probably still be months before my weight settles. I do hope to be close ish to stable at a year! Just got to stay on track and I'm not even halfway there. Very much trying not to track against anyone else's journey because of the variability in it. Our bodies are all so different!

Guess I get to find out with chicken thighs! I've been craving chicken soup, so making my own without the noodles or regular rice. And yep, going to attempt a slow-carb Hopping John for new year's. It's going to have black-eyed peas, collard greens, and the ham hock...none of which I've ever cooked with. I've never been a meat in vegetables person, so we'll see how it goes. I managed 20 years in Georgia without ever eating this so hey, something new! Cheers!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

lmfontana4
on 12/31/22 9:31 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

keep up the good work. I agree that everyone's journey is different.

I have used ham hocks to make split pea soup in place of a ham bone. Gives it the same flavor as ham. However, you don't get the ham that falls off the bone so may need to add ham on the side if that is important to you.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 12/31/22 4:37 am - Amarillo, TX

Let me know how Empire of Light is...it's one I've been wanting to watch.

Good mornin Jen and everyone! Yesterday we got the water heater replacement scheduled for next week AND allllll Christmas stuff is packed away. My least favorite part of Christmas time is putting away crap...especially the outdoor stuff.

Not much in the works for today. I may finish the straightening up of my room if I find the gumption. I'm really exhausted and sore so we'll see how that goes.

We're going to make some black eyed peas overnight. Tomorrow we're having hamburgers, jalapeño poppers and hot dogs for the kids. My plan is the poppers as they're my favorite. Hamburgers are still kind of out of reach for me. I barely can finish half if even that.

T minus 3 days until surgery. I'm just a tad bit overwhelmed and anxious.

QOTD: I haven't really been doing a lot of reading or watching. My favorite move I've watched this year is Encanto. I see myself in Mirabel with my grandma and that line "I'll never be good enough for you, will I?". In a way it's hurtful as I never fully resolved those feelings but I just really adore that movie.

the last book I read was the play Julius caesar by Shakespeare so not really new. I haven't read a lot this year as it hurts to sit and I've never really listened to book. I need to try as there are some I really want to listen to in particular.

food is not planned today at all.

I made a capture I really liked last night and wanted to share! I was going for a lotus!

Partlypollyanna
on 12/31/22 5:12 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I can definitely see the lotus there. Gorgeous! I wonder if you could use that lovely green from your chain yesterday too?

Jen

Amy Liz
on 12/31/22 7:59 am
RNY on 11/21/16

That is gorgeous Mel!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

lmfontana4
on 12/31/22 9:33 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

beautiful necklace.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Lisa91941
on 12/31/22 7:48 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning and just a quick check in then I am off for the stairs. I did pretty well on my eating yesterday. Was conscious of my food choices and even had the scale out to weigh things as my eyes seem to start getting bigger and bigger if I don't check myself once in a while. I also "consciously" ate 3 Hershey's kisses throughout the day. And ended with 2 reasonable sized glasses of wine. I love having Dad here, but I am very ready for him to go home on Monday.

Today is all fun, all day. Well, after the stairs I mean. We have lunch reservations at a great place downtown, and then are seeing Annie on stage. Picking Dad up on the way home, and going next door to the neighbors to enjoy fun food and good wine and ring in the EAST COAST new year. I'll be in bed before 10 I bet. Need to set an alarm at midnight to wake up and call my oldest son and wish him a happy birthday as is our tradition.

QoTD: I have read dozens of books this year and really enjoyed so many of them. But I think the one that stayed with me the most, meaning I think I miss the characters, is Search.

Menu:
B: leftover gyros meat and cottage cheese

Lunch and Dinner are tbd, and I expect to savor them and embrace them and deal with the scale tomorrow.

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 526 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 455 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?