What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/2/23 3:29 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Helllllo and Happy New Year! We had a low key NYE and day. It was nice! I have a friend going over this afternoon and I think we will go to IKEA, but that's the only excitement happening. I have been back to cookies more than 10+ hours a day for a few days. Not a lot of orders at the moment, but I am trying to use the "down time" to create content for social media and prep for Valentine's Day. It's fun to get being creative and not just churning out the same cookies for orders :)

QOTD: What's something completely new that you would like to try? I decided I want to push myself to do something completely new every week this year. Not everything needs to be earth shattering-it can be trying a new food or a new restaurant or traveling somewhere new. But I want to be intentional about it because without a job, I am stuck in some boring ruts.

B: egg bites

L: leftover fish tacos from NYE (these have lasted 4 meals!)

D: tbd - going out with a friend!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 1/2/23 5:08 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and happy snowy monday! We're supposed to get snow off and on, and on the roads in my neighborhood, the snow from last week is still there (very unusual) so it's a stay at home day for me!

QOTD - I'm going to two new to me countries, hopefully two new to me UNESCO World Heritage sites, and I'd like to see some new artists in concert. I tend to see the same performers over and over again which I love but new music would be nice too.

Today I will be doing laundry, shoveling snow, will get in a boxing session too. They are supposed to be working on the internet today so I'm glad that it's an "observed holiday", easier to deal with the disruption that way.

menu will be

coffee plus half and half X 2

either left over slice of pizza or left over sausage on English muffin

italian beef

yogurt or protein bar

protein hot chocolate

Have a wonderful start to your week everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 1/2/23 6:31 am - Warren, OH

After below zero temperatures during Christmas week, we have had unbelievably warm weather for January in Ohio. It will be in the high 50's today and 63 tomorrow. All the snow and ice is gone and people are wearing shorts. The changes in the weather are almost scary. I remember one year in the 1970's when it started snowing in October and we never saw a day without snow on the ground until May. It will be back in the low 30's by Thursday, so I am enjoying and taking advantage of each warm day.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 1/2/23 6:48 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you aren't without internet too long.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 1/2/23 5:28 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

Hoping the new year is off to a good start for all of you! T minus 1 day! I got a lot done yesterday and paid the price with pain. My legs, back and feet ache and had spasms all night. All I need to do today is vacuuming and I'll wash my clothes.

My neurosurgeon said I'll not be able to do much for 6 weeks. There is a risk of the catheter from the pain pump to my spine coming loose if I'm not careful. This is the part I hate the most. BUT it's for the best I know...I'll just be a grump about it! LOL I'm still very anxious about this whole thing. I guess you could say I'm a little jaded about it. I have hope, don't get me wrong, but I find myself preparing for it not to help as much as I have hoped. It's a daunting feeling but I am working through and past that.

QOTD: I would like to try some simple silversmithing later this year. It's a big if but it's something I want to do eventually.

B: oatmeal and coffee x 2

L: half a hamburger, a few fries and maybe some Brussels sprouts

D: ????

S: ????

QOTD:

White Dove
on 1/2/23 6:37 am - Warren, OH

Melody, You do so much for your family and now it is their turn to do things or you. Take advantage of the down time, sit down and let them do things for themselves and for you. What will amaze you is how capable they will be of taking care of themselves when you are not able to do things for them. Don't even be a grump about it. You need to let your body recover and the world will go on. I hope this pain pump will be the answer to everything you have been through. Sending you strength and prayers.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 1/2/23 6:46 am
RNY on 08/11/14

It will be worth it in the end, I know it's hard to allow others take care of you. Be patient with yourself.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Maddymoe2
on 1/2/23 7:09 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Melody,

Wishing you all the best tomorrow!!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/2/23 12:45 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

You sound ready! And I hope you're able to take the time you need to recover. It sounds like there are some pretty big possibilities for issues if you aren't able to, so hope you can prioritize it!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/2/23 5:47 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menuers!

A whole new year! I'm kind of excited by the possibilities here.

QOTD- I want to go to a new country/continent this year. There are so many places I haven't been yet. I seem to be fixating on the Galapagos Islands lately, so it may be that.

Though I don't male resolutions, I do want to get better about procrastinating and home projects this year. I want to do at least one small home project per week, whether that's mounting the mailbox, caulking something, or whatever. It needs to be done and I need to be better about chipping away at the list.

Had a productive weekend by my standards. Washed and vacuumed the car (2 hours!), got it serviced, got new headlights since one of the ones I replaced in Vermont in October blew. Lots of cooking and cleaning. Still need to put together the pantry. Fortunately, my friend is looking at coming out at the end of the month and that is already inspiring me to lean out the house and get in gear.

I left my coat in Georgia. Boo, since it's the only warm one that I shrank into. I have plenty of bigger ones that I'll be wearing.

I've started getting a weird, vertical stomach pain the past few days. Maybe I'm over eating? Have also had nosebleeds the past two days, which is new for me.

Today is an office day, and we've got tons to do in preparation for activating our strategy this year. I'm equal parts dreading it and looking forward to it.

Accountability- did not exercise yesterday

Menu

Have been craving soups and stews so...low carb chicken soup with cauliflower rice, low carb beef stew, slow carb hopping John, fairlife shake and a protein bar.

Cheers, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 281 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics