What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Melody P.
on 1/11/23 4:07 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB and good luck with the ticket!

Yesterday was an odd day. I ended up not taking a pain pill after 1 am yesterday. I napped 3 separate time. I was in more pain but also didn't have that high feeling that I think was keeping me wired. I slept more than usual during the night as well. Kind of had a break down before bed though. I cried the ugly cry when I closed my bedroom door for the evening. I'm just tired of a lot of things.

No big plans for the day other than a zoom appointment this afternoon. We need to run to the bank his morning. We're under a high wind warning so we'd like to stay home as much as possible today.

to our California members...please stay as safe as possible! Keeping all of y'all in my prayers!

QOTD: never really been into them.

B: oatmeal and coffee

L: cabbage

D: ????

S: cookies...ugh.

Emiepie
on 1/11/23 5:51 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm sure getting some better sleep will help you feel much better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 1/11/23 4:08 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good luck with cookie con tickets!

I went to bed at 8 last night and was still asleep when my alarm went off this morning at 4; although I only wake up to the alarm a few times a year, I always set it. Glad I did today. I definitely feel like I have a too much sleep linger affect that I don't love. Meetings with no break from 6 am to 1:30 so it's going to be a long day but I have my personal trainer at the end of the day so looking forward to that.

QOTD - the GG have not always been on Tuesday; the group that runs it had a lot of trouble late 2021 into 2022 due to racism/abuse/corruption issues and so last year so many people cancelled/refused to attend that they were dropped from airing on TV and only sent out a press release of the winners. They announced a few changes so I think they are testing the waters to come back, hence the Tuesday slot. Hopefully, the changes they put in place will stick. So, that kind of already answers the question about whether I"m into award shows, right? The Oscars is my Super Bowl; we do an Oscar party every year for decades now, I try to see every best picture Oscar nominee and as many of the other films as I can. We take it so seriously that I used to fly back to Colorado for it when I was living away. I also watch the BAFTAs and the SAG awards but there's no party. I will also be peering over all the red carpet arrivals from last night at some point today.

menu today is

coffee plus half and half X2

L&F greek

ham and cheese roll ups

chicken chili left overs

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 1/11/23 5:54 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm the same way about my alarm. Today I snoozed it once though. I'm camping on the couch for now and catching up from pretty much no sleep Monday night.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/11/23 10:11 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Sounds like you got some much needed rest. Good luck on your meeting block!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 135

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Theduffman27
on 1/11/23 4:41 am, edited 1/10/23 8:44 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning JB and Menu Friends. Hope our friends in California remain safe! Crazy weather patterns. We are still without snow on the ground in Northern Ny and Lake Champlain is not frozen over, little ice in the Bays. Ice fisherman are beside themselves, our lake champlain perch frys are a regional favorite this time of year.

QOTD - No, not our thing, we do no****ch much on Television or at the Theater. Including the news!

B - Yogurt and Blueberries

L - Homemade ham salad and zero carb wrap

S - Cukes and dip

D - Taco wednesday

E - Beachbody Muscle burns fat

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 190, CW- 194.4 - 4.4 lbs to goal

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/11/23 10:12 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Oh gosh, I remember smoked perch now from when I was a kid! The regional things you forget about. I'm sorry thr climate means no perch fry!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 135

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

momyshaver
on 1/11/23 5:37 am, edited 1/10/23 9:37 pm
VSG on 06/28/17

Wednesday already?! (I had the tab from yesterday opened but never put fingers to keyboard if that tells you anything.) I hope that you are able to get those tickets to the cookie convention. It is really fun to read about what Everyone is doing in their corner of "doing the things".

QoTD- No. (I did find the answer to if the one show had always been on a Tues. night very interesting though.) I don't care for a lot of tv. My SO has to really pull my arm to get me to sit and watch and sometimes I do end up watching and enjoying things. I enjoy listening to what was going on socially when certain shows or movies were released, especially in light of what we see around us now.

B: soy milk with coffee, (half each)

L:?

D:?

S: salted almonds

The kids have been on a kick with creating things using the air fryer and want me to try everything! They try to be sweet to include me and know that sometimes Mom feels sick if she eats certain things or too much of one thing or another, so they try to make things in a way that works for me, which I find super sweet.

I honestly need to just find a template menu where I can swap things I will actually eat out because I am in a season where I am finding that really challenging. I did end up signing up for a special with WW so that I could have some more structure with where I am, but they don't account for bariatric surgery, so I have to take that into account along with medical issues/lab results, etc.

Editd to add - I am hoping to incorporate things in to my menu that will continue to promote a healthy milk supply like oats, dried apricots, (I specifically have these on hand for some reason and I so I want to use them. I have 4 huge bags.) I have a lot of targeted, nutrient dense powders, nuts and seeds that I just have to decide how to best use. I have the pinterest tab open

catwoman7
on 1/11/23 5:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

you could always follow a more bariatric-friendly diet and use WW more for support and accountability. They'll never know if you're not following their plan exactly...(unless, of course, you're not losing any weight - then they might wonder what's going on...)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 1/11/23 11:27 am - Warren, OH

I used online Weigh****chers last year after the holidays. I was above 150 last New Years. I was 135 this year. My goal is 136. Weigh****chers is completely different now. Every food is allowed. Meetings are online and the support is great. Because it was online I attended daily. No more weigh ins. Just weigh yourself and track your own progress. I found other members had great ideas about how in incorporate different foods. I am not going now but would not hesitate to go back if my weight goes up again.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 450 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views