What's on your Thursday Menu?

Emiepie
on 1/12/23 7:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Uh-oh thanks for not ratting me out! And, good job!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 1/12/23 5:58 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Thank you, Jim. Your QOTD answer is spot on for me as well.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

momyshaver
on 1/12/23 7:09 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I think Jim summed it up for me too with the QoTD!

Teenie
on 1/12/23 7:08 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I'll text to remind you about the chair. You need to get it switched. Our saggy asses don't like a wooden chair.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 1/12/23 11:21 pm - Amarillo, TX

Never a truer statement about our behinds!

catwoman7
on 1/12/23 4:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I've got a doctor's appt later this morning - third attempt to get this damn plantars wart off my heel. I've had it for two years and I'm tired of it. Hopefully third time's a charm - but it also means there are only certain exercises I'll be able to do comfortably for a few days. Water fitness stuff is out (boo!) - walking/dancing things are up in the air. I could do that after the first time around, but she really blasted it the second time around, so I had to lay off that for a couple of days, too. I guess the stationary bikes at the gym might work. I submitted another three or four "permission to audit" forms yesterday. There's no way I can take all of these classes, esp since some of them have time overlaps, but I'm hoping some of these will be approved since the only thing that's been approved so far is a philosophy class at the Milwaukee campus (which I'll probably take). Now watch them all be approved - in which case I'll either just pick the one(s) of most interest and register for those, or go to all of them the first week of class before deciding on the "winners" (they all have lots of empty seats, so it shouldn't keep other people from getting in - esp since all the regular students have long since registered for classes).

I lived about an hour from Sandusky years ago, but I don't remember much about it, other than it's near Lake Erie. It's also the home of Cedar Point, which we visited a couple of times when we were kids (it's a big amusement park). Other than that...??? I'm glad you got in, though!

QOTD: one of our cats started defecating outside of the litterboxes about a year ago (which she never did the first seven years of her life). We've done everything - including trying meds and hiring an animal behaviorist. We've just resigned ourselves to it at this point. It could be worse - she could be urinating outside the box, which she's never done. Poop is a lot easier to clean up than urine. We think we know what might have happened - around the time this started up, there was a HUGE fight in the basement. It was between her and our bully. We didn't see what exactly happened (we were upstairs at the time), but we're wondering if maybe he attacked her when she was in one of the litterboxes defecating, and now she associates pooping in litterboxes with being attacked. Cats are weird that way...

oh - Julia - I wonder if maybe you've had a stray cat lurking around outside your house? Sometimes that'll upset resident cats and they'll start fighting with each other. Otherwise, boy, I don't know. It's sort of unusual to have that start up later in life when they've gotten along up until then. We have two that we have to keep in separate bedrooms and "time share" the rest of the house, because I think they'd literally kill each other - but that's been going on since day 1. Giving Feliway a try is a good suggestion. We've also used meds for intercat aggression (although it hasn't worked with our aforementioned two) - but that's kind of a last resort.

B: I might make protein oatmeal later - topped with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and fruit (I've had this on my mind for several days, but so far it hasn't fit into my microscopic calorie goals for the day). This will be a late breakfast (after my appt), in case they weigh me (don't know why they'd need to for freezing a wart off my heel, but they seem to like to weigh people all the time)

L: chickpea/miso spread on 35 calorie bread

AS: protein shake or protein muffin

D: salad with light dressing - I'll need to go to the store and get some grilled chicken strips or something else to add some protein to it

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 1/12/23 1:33 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you were able to get your heel issue relieved.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 1/12/23 5:26 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I wasn't sure it was Friday-Eve since my days are all out whack right now. Congrats on the ticket, I'm sure you'll have a blast. Well ladies and gentlemen I was given the approval to DRIVE and reduce down to an ankle brace from the boot most of the time and released to start PT!! Now if the good news can keep coming since we have John's appt today, not sure what constitutes "good" news but I'm hoping he'll be able to have his surgery early next week.

QOTD: I have a flickering light switch and I'll probably have to have my bro in law check it since I want to make sure it's not shorting out or something since John can't really get around easy I don't want him messing with it.

As for the fur-babies- I don't have any suggestions since my two only tolerate each other. I will be curious to read other suggestions!

Accountability: what's that!? Enough said

TSS: 8 years 4 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: P3 pack, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: Greek yogurt and toast with carbmaster bread

E: Nada

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great one!

Melody P.
on 1/12/23 6:21 am - Amarillo, TX

YAY for driving!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/12/23 6:38 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Yay to driving, progressing to the other boot and PT!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views