Happy Saturday, what are you up to Menu-friends?

Partlypollyanna
on 1/14/23 6:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

This actually made me snort my coffee. Now I just give directions off my phone but I know, pre-tech, I definitely got a few people even more lost. I always warn "don't take directions from me, I get lost easily".

Any big plans for the day? I had planned to stay home and read but realized I need to get a couple of things shipped off so I will be at least running that errand this morning. Shouldn't take too long though and then all relaxing for me. My work situation finally was resolved towards the end of the day so that's a relief. I definitely think I will do a face, hand and foot mask while I chill.

QOTD - Do you read physical or digital magazines? I noticed when I ran into the grocery story yesterday that they have taken all the register magazine racks out and then when I checked they also removed the few book/magazine section they had. I don't think that's a good sign for print magazine. I have no preference between kindle or physical books, but I definitely prefer a physical magazine if I'm reading one. I just don't find the digital magazine experience to be enjoyable.

We're just under halfway through the month and I'm just over 25 miles on the rower, including 6 miles this morning, so I think I can meet a goal of 600 miles on my rower in 2023. I will really have to focus on consistency for sure, since I know there will be at least one round of work or personal travel every month.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X 3

yogurt

italian sausage with cheese

glass of wine

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/14/23 6:21 am, edited 1/13/23 10:40 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Jen and weekend menuers,

Nice, now I have that song stuck in my head. But also, I'd have snort-laughed my drink, too. This is so me with directions and I'm ever grateful for Google maps. That's some awesome progress on your rowing!

QOTD- Nope, not anymore! Occasional articles but I could spend all my money on subscriptions.

Yesterday was extra eventful for me. On the way to pick up the dogs, I took a rock to the windshield that did some decent damage. I diverted to a glass shop and it was repaired in under an hour but that did make the day a bit longer. I also took an emergency meeting from my car and decided to stop by a tea shop in a town about 45 minutes from home that I don't go to much. I splurged on some rare teas and look forward to some fancy brewing in the near future.

I do need to decide what my small project is. The other cabinet did arrive before I went to DC but I deferred putting it together until I know the underlying cause of the abdominal pain. It's a 90 pound box, and it's at least in the house. So need to pick a project and plan my menu for the next week. Probably a bit of shopping accordingly tomorrow for that. I do have some mushrooms, tomatoes, and avocados that need to be used.

The scale moved today! I'm shocked since I just got back from planes and travel. But then, it's been almost a month, so I'm just happy. Woo!

Oops, forgot the other stuff...

Accountability- Good!

Exercise - recumbent bike

Menu

eggs, sausage, yogurt, cottage cheese, burger patty, maybe fancy tea!

Off I go. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 135

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 1/14/23 7:00 am
RNY on 02/14/18

We have two types of windshields here -- never driven off the lot or chipped. It's scary when a big one happens!

Jen

catwoman7
on 1/14/23 6:39 am, edited 1/13/23 10:40 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

we have a few errands we need to run today (including over to my mom's to try to get a piece of glass out of her foot - ouch!), but that's pretty much it. I'm starting to feel like I did back when I was working and nearing the end of a long "staycation" - getting bored and wanting to go back to work! But next week should be my last slow one - classes start the following week, and I'll be taking two for sure - and possibly three if I get approved for any more, and stuff with the organizations I'm involved with will start gearing up again, too. I'm thinking I should probably get ahead with reading and film watching for my book and film groups now that I have the time (although not too far ahead, or I'll forget half the stuff by the time the group(s) meet!).

QOTD: I don't really read magazines much anymore. I'll occasionally read articles people post on Facebook, and I'll pick up a magazine at the gym or doctor's office while I'm waiting (or on some piece of equipment if at the gym), but that's about it. So both physical and digital- but neither one very often.

B: plain skyr with cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: salad with chicken breast strips and light dressing

AS: protein muffin

D: 1/2 an Impossible burger on 1/2 bun, cole slaw with light sesame-ginger dressing

ex: I don't think I'll be able to do much for the next couple of days except for stationary bike or the "seated elliptical", so one of those (because of the warts being frozen off my heel on Thursday - I have an enormous blister there, so I'm walking on my toes on that foot. I spent an hour on the seated elliptical machine at the gym last night, and that worked out OK - so at least I'll be able to do SOMETHING until this thing is back to semi-normal!)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 1/14/23 7:01 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Your poor mom! Hope it's easy to deal with the glass. hmmm, broken glass seems to be a theme this morning with CH's windshield and your mom's foot!

Jen

Amy Liz
on 1/14/23 7:11 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Directions were such a pain - so thankful for GPS! I hope you enjoy your relaxing day reading and spa-ing! No plans today other than walking the dogs and a grocery run. It's supposed to rain for the next 3 days so we are hunkering down. Hopefully there won't be horrible flooding like earlier this week, but we are still so saturated. Lots of cleaning, organizing, cooking, relaxing fires, reading and TV are on tap. I have so much food to use up - I wish I had more freezer space, I would do a big cook and freeze day. I've though about getting a chest freezer but since it's just the two of us, I don't see the point.

QOTD - I like a physical magazine. I love reading them cover to cover and don't see enjoying a digital magazine in the same way.

Accountability - wine + tortilla chips

b- coffee, eggs, avocado

l - chopped salad, tom, cucumbers, onion and feta w/TJ's garbanzo bean salad

d -crock pot green chili chicken w/cheese ala Jen

s- 1/2 apple w/PB

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 1/14/23 9:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It's the random trashy magazine that I pick up at the grocery store that I will miss the most!

Jen

Amy Liz
on 1/14/23 10:28 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Yes!! My favorite time is while getting a pedi - the best!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Lisa91941
on 1/14/23 8:02 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

Last night's dinner turned out fabulous. Sitting outside under industrial heaters and blabbing away for hours. I chose scallops with a cream corn sweet pea reduction and had 1.5 glasses of wine. A perfect way to end the day and not too terrible on the calories. I also managed to get 66 minutes of exercise in including resistance bands.

Today we are loaded up and ready to hit the road. It's a two hour drive to the spot we are meeting the kids. Looking forward to an all family weekend, if not the sand and grit.

QoTD: I prefer hard copy in all things. I rarely read e-book style but I really need to figure that out for the road trip. I don't want to buy whitepaper books and we will be moving around too much to go to libraries. Another thing I need to drag myself into the current century on.

Menu today is a bit on the fence, but it's starting with the last of the chipotle cream shrimp and 1/4 avocado.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Partlypollyanna
on 1/14/23 9:52 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I think many libraries have e-book loans these days as well as regular. They use Libby, hoopla, plus Amazon. What makes it easy for me on the kindle, and I think kobo is another that is the same way, is just the dedicated e-reader. It doesn't do anything but display the book, and I can read on it for hours and hours which I can't do on my phone or tablet

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 450 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?