What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 1/15/23 3:56 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone, hope you're having a good weekend.

Not much planned for the day here. I'm really having a rough time so I'm hoping to take it pretty easy. My incisions are looking pretty angry. I may call the nurse to ask about what I can do to ease the pain a bit. Like creams or what not. I highly doubt I can but it's worth a try I guess. Life is just exhausting to me right now.

QOTD: What's your plan for the 4 day work week ahead?

Not much here. I'm hoping to get some stuff done. I still need to work on a budget for groceries. I need to get my menu to doing better.

B: sausage and a small pancake...coffee x2

L: WW frozen meal

D: ????

S: 3 small cookies and ????

White Dove
on 1/15/23 4:40 am - Warren, OH

Pain is so hard to live with and hope there is some help they can give you. That meme is exactly what I sometimes wish I could order when I get a meal and my restriction kicks in after two bites.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 1/15/23 5:17 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

nothing on the agenda for today, but I'm going to try to get a big chunk of a book read that I'm supposed to read for my upcoming book discussion group. And maybe DH and I can get out and do something (although I'm not sure what...) since it's supposed to be fine weather-wise. No precip and 40 degrees F. I do need to get some exercise, but that'll be the stationary bike or seated elliptical at the gym, since my heel is still pretty sore and blistered from the wart freezing the other day. Hopefully I'll only have a couple more days of this!

QOTD: Getting this book finished. Not sure what else, although there's certainly a million things I could do in my house - like clean. Or go through closets, drawers, boxes, etc and pitch stuff that I don't need anymore (well, that's always on the agenda - esp during the winter months. But do I do it? Nope...)

this menu is going to look a lot like yesterday's, which I mostly strayed from (but still managed to stay at 1300 kcal)

B: plain skyr with cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: salad with chicken breast strips and light dressing

AS: chocolate "mousse" with raspberries

D: 1/2 Impossible burger on 1/2 bun, cole slaw topped with light Asian-style dressing

have a great Sunday, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/15/23 5:22 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

Mel, I hope you're able to get feedback on something that will help with the incisions. Angry with itchy in top of it sounds maddening. I'm sorry.

Well, today marks six months post surgery for me. To assess, I've dropped 16.5 inches from my hips, 13 inches from my more stubborn waist, and 1.5 inches from my neck. Since surgery, I've lost 73 pounds and had numerous NSV's along the way. I'm learning to cook differently, exercise better, build strength, and how to start being comfortable in my body again. Well, kind of. Some of the bones coming through are a pain to figure out, literally. It has been an interesting ride so far and I appreciate this community every day for the feedback, encouragement, and advice. Thank you, all.

Meant to get to the store at opening but I've been up half the night with a raging headache that isn't related to carbs. Not sure what's causing it. Trying to get myself together enough to go.

Today I'll cook for my planned menu. It feels like a nap will be in order as well. It's also old man's birthday. He's 11 today and will get special treats.

QOTD- I do have a normal work week. Tomorrow is my six month follow up with the clinic. Will be interesting to see how my bloodwork has progressed in the last three months. I'm taking extra vitamin K above their ask to try and make headway there. Think I have a doctor's appointment with my PCP this week, too. Need to check my schedule. I'm going to ask about the fatigue and lack of energy. I do still wake up all night, so will re-address that and see if there are suggestions beyond sleep hygiene. Oh, and work.

Accountability- Good! Nothing off menu.

Exercise- Going to aim for elliptical today. My legs have been feeling weak as it's hard to get up after I kneel down.

Menu

Yogurt, tuna cakes with lemon and dill aioli, more yogurt (some is past expiration), chicken soup, maybe spaghetti squash casserole if I get it done.

Happy Sunday everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 1/15/23 8:32 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yogurt can usually last awhile after expiration (except maybe the homemade kind...). I've eaten some even a month or two after it's expired, and it's been fine (although I'm sure it won't last forever...).

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 1/15/23 5:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday!

QOTD - meetings, lots and lots of meetings. We still have to get all the things done, just in 4 days instead of 5, lol.

Do you ever get to the end of the day and think "man, what did I do all day?" yesterday was one of those, but I did get the whole first season of the original GBBO watched so I guess that's at least SOMETHING tangible.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X 2

egg with English muffin

barebells bar

not sure about dinner, I will probably just pick something up on my way home this afternoon.

Round 3 of Rowing HIIT and Core.

Have the best Sunday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 1/15/23 8:00 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Sorry to hear about your incisions. I imagine you can't even move without feeling that so I hope there is something you can use to help. Hang in there. I had a nothing day yesterday - meaning past a grocery run, I was ass in recliner all day - reading, watching, surfing, napping and eating. My body is screaming at me and I feel 90 years old so today will be a move day for sure. I have many things to keep me busy.

QOTD - Tons of work to do, I'm behind... and also training staff to delegate project work to, so yay!

Accountability - Instead of cooking, we ended up eating all the leftovers and stuff on it's last leg - avocado, salad, broccoli cauliflower au gratin, meatballs, chicken - not bad at all and then there was a lot of wine and a hand full of cheese puffs

B- coffee x 3, egg + black beans

L - salad with chicken skewer

d - carne asada bowl

s - tomatoes, cucumbers and/or apple w/PB

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 330 views