What's on your Monday Menu?

lmfontana4
on 1/16/23 9:24 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

I had a nice weekend. We did go to see The Whale. It was so good, good story and acting. I do recommend. I do know that there has been some criticism about the portrayal of obese persons. I think mainly his eating but you can see that his binges are related to emotional eating. I went for my chemical peel yesterday and was told no sweating for 48 hours. That throws a wrench in my workouts. I guess I will walk in the treadmill after my lifting workout. So sad for me!

it is a short week for me since DD and I head to Denver on Thursday for the Colter Wall concert. We are also going to a rodeo and dressage competition. Also, the Coors brewery tour. We come home on Sunday so a quick trip. Wednesday night we also have Ain't too Proud musical locally.

QOTD: I did a community outreach event at a Farmers Market during the summer.

Accountability: excellent

same meals s usual.
E: back, rear delta and bicep lifting workout, 60 minute's treadmill

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Partlypollyanna
on 1/16/23 1:56 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Most of the criticism has been around the use of a fat suit vs an obese actor. I think it's unfounded because I know Fraser has had his own body image issues over the years, he's spoken about that and harassment issues as well. It's complicated for sure. I am hoping that one comes out on streaming before the Oscars because I would like to watch it at home.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Mkess
on 1/17/23 6:41 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning and Happy Tuesday all,

For everyone that had MLK off, I hope you enjoyed the day. It is always a reminder of MLK's fight for civil rights. His message still rings very true today. I definitely took advantage of the holiday. I slept in and played trivia last night.

Weekend was good even if plans didn't turn out as expected. My immediate family got together with my mom's first cousin and his family for lunch at a deli. We used to spend every Christmas with them for decades. It was so nice catching up and continue to see his daughters(1st cousins once removed - I think that's how that works) continue to grow into wonderful, strong women. I had tickets to ReBirth Brass Band Saturdays but couldn't find anyone that could attend.

School starts tonight. Hopefully, THIS is my last semester for my Associates.

QOTD - I try to volunteer with my neighborhood's mutual aid group once every week or two.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: Chicken Salad.

D: Salad with shrimp.

S: string cheese.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views