Weight regain almost 20 years post op

Christina4176
on 1/19/23 3:37 am

Hello all.

I am going through a massive weight regain after almost 20 years of being at or below goal. I feel like I'm not sure how to get back on track and need any and all suggestions to get back in track without going for a revision. I still feel restricted for the most part but, I definitely can eat more now so many years later. I would appreciate any helpful advise on how to restart this many years down the road. Thanks!!!

Sheila_H
on 1/19/23 3:09 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

No magic trick; back to basics, high protein low carb meals. Congrats on being 20 years away from surgery and just now struggling with some weight gain. You can do it, the same way you have done the last 20 years. Cut the carb out and focus on protein first. Good luck.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 1/19/23 5:41 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

And weigh and measure everything.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Christina4176
on 1/23/23 1:54 am

Thank you for your reply. You're right, I did maintain for almost 20 years so I should be able to get back in track with the same discipline that it took to keep it off that long. I just need to recommit to losing again.

momyshaver
on 1/20/23 4:29 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Aside and in addition to what the others have posted, tracking or writing down what you are eating and when might help you see where routines or schedules need to be adjusted. Those grazing behaviors, (bites/licks/tastes) can really add up. I think regain is similar to losing weight. Those small habits add up to big results over time. You can get back on track. This is a really supportive atmosphere for that.

White Dove
on 1/20/23 3:32 pm - Warren, OH

At 15 years out from surgery, I need Weigh****chers to stay at my goal weight. I weigh myself daily and I follow their points system which allows any food as long as you track it and stay within your points.

I eat what I love and do not deny myself any food.

I attend daily online meetings for inspiration and support. I also use this site daily. A revision generally only results in about a 20 pound loss. Anything other than that is from burning more calories than you consume. My mantra is, "Just because I can eat it, does not mean that I should eat it".

It took me years of failing before I admitted that I needed surgery to lose the weight. It also took me years of regain before I admitted that I need Weigh****chers to maintain the loss. Weigh****chers is not cheap, but it works.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Christina4176
on 1/23/23 1:51 am

Thank you for your reply. ?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 572 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 281 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?