What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Amy Liz
on 1/20/23 5:49 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I don't remember my last theater movie? We plan to see 80 for Brady next month though. I never used to care about movie popcorn before RNY. It always smelled good but never tasted good to me so I REALLY wish I never tried it again because it's an intoxicating drug now. Yesterday work kinda sucked but my chiro appt was amazing. I'm feeling better with all the adjustments, shoes and standing but I'm still sore a good deal. Busy half day at work today. I like Fridays - it's wrap up day which always feels good. Meeting my kiddo for lunch then home. Tomorrow we are hitting bucket of balls and- having brunch at the golf course which will include a bloody Mary then football. Sunday kiddo, shopping and more football. Rob wants to smoke some ribs and I want to straighten up the house. Next week will be super busy with work and several personal appts so I need to get organized.

QOTD - no, I haven't seen one since my pre op time. I have an appt in February thought to re visit things at the request of my WLC. I feel like I know everything I should/shouldn't do, but I'm screwing up in some areas. The reminder and motivation may help.

Accountability - food was great, add wine

b- coffee x 2, egg bites

l - green curry eggplant and shrimp, side salad, no rice

d - left over carne asada again- no wonder my veggies go bad, we are forever eating leftovers and putting off cooking

s- tomatoes, omega trex

Have an awesome Friday!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

Emiepie
on 1/20/23 6:04 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Enjoy the time with your kiddo!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 1/20/23 7:50 am, edited 1/19/23 11:50 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

When we had surgery and the weight melted off, I did not realize how much of a gift it was. Now that I am trying to lose regain it is so disheartening. I need a simple answer and a quicker way. I hate the struggle.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 1/20/23 12:52 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

tell me about it! It reminds me of taking off the last 20 lbs the first time I went through this (which of course I have since gained back). It was a BEAR! And it's the same now that I'm doing it again. It comes off in ounces instead of pounds. BUT...it will come off. It just takes frickin' forever!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/20/23 1:47 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Glad the adjustments helped! Your lunch sounds amazing. Have a blast with kiddo.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 1/20/23 6:28 am, edited 1/19/23 10:29 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we're going to a social function tonight, so I'll be making pao de queijo, these Brazilian cheese balls. I've never made them before, so I hope they'll turn out OK! Other than that, not much going on today. I need to get out of the house today, though - I was here all day yesterday and never even bothered to change out of my pajamas (I did do an hour-long cardio dance video, though - so there's that). I don't really need two lazy days in a row...

QOTD: I see either my surgeon or the clinic's PA every year, along with the RD. There was a different RD when I had my surgery; the current one has been there about five years. But she's moving on to a different job soon, so we'll get a new one. I'm sad to see the current one go - I think she's pretty good. She's also very open to patients contacting her with questions outside of official appts - I've emailed her several times with questions. She's really into the whole intuitive eating thing, though, which doesn't really work for me. Logging everything I eat and keeping within certain calorie limits has worked for me the past few years and it still works (as long as I stay within those calorie limits!), so I'm afraid to toss it aside and just eat intuitively, as she wants me to. She thinks I obsess way too much with calories and numbers on the scale - which I probably do - but again, it's what's worked for me. Long winded way of saying - yes, I'm still seeing an RD, and overall she's very good, but I wish she was more open to the fact that different things work for different people, and that's OK! I'm curious to see how her replacement is.

B: plain skyr with fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: salad with chicken strips and light dressing

AS: something that'll hold me over so I don't gorge at the social (which is from 6-9, I think - so we'll skip dinner) - maybe my chocolate "mousse" (made with cottage cheese and protein powder - so super high in protein) - or something with a lot of fiber in it.

D: most people will be bringing a dish, so not sure what'll be there other than my pao de queijo. I'll just do as I usually do - that is, eat like a normal person and not make a pig of myself.

instead of a photo, I'm posting a link to this (very short) episode of Samantha Brown's "Places to Love" - she featured Madison in this one! (I wish she would have come in the summer, though - it's beautiful here in the summer).

https://tinyurl.com/4puapsyv

catwoman7
on 1/20/23 6:36 am
RNY on 06/03/15

forgot to tell you guys that I got approved for that nutrition class at the Milwaukee campus. It's an upper-division class on obesity, weight loss, and weight maintenance! I"m so looking forward to taking this!!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/20/23 1:48 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Oh, that sounds like a great class! The option to sign up for these and the learning without papers and tests sounds amazing in my book. I'd happily forgo credits for that ability.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Teenie
on 1/20/23 7:09 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

I hear Ron sigh sometimes and think the same thing. Shhh don't tell him. I am ready for the weekend, and I can feel it from deep inside. I don't know why I am so excited but I really am. Tonight, I plan to get a cheesecake in the freezer. I always have one in there just in case something pops up last minute and I am out of them right now. I also plan on doing the treadmill tonight. I am on fire about getting back to running right now. I hope it continues. Tomorrow I am going to HITT class at 7:30am and I'll do Mom duty, maybe come home do treadmill. Ron wants to do the backsplash in the kitchen so I will be picking out the tile tomorrow. I found someone to lend a tile cutter, so I am all in on this now. It's his first shot at tile so we will see. Sunday will be church, brunch at Firebirds, and a quick stop at the funeral with mom for a viewing of a cousin who passed. They were always nice, so I feel obligated to stop by.

Just an update on the hit and run. The young man (24) turned himself in yesterday morning. The family has decided they want to give the kid a chance and not ruin his life completely, so they are opting to keep his name out of the news. But I know this family from church, and they are very Christian, so I see church in this young mans life soon. Probably for the best.

QOTD: Last time I talked to the bariatric clinic they said they would set me up with the nutritionist, but I never made the appointment.

Accountability: I switched out dinner for 1/2 Wendys Southwest Ranch salad and 1/2 of a large chili. I also had some GFB Dark chocolate & Peanut butter Bites they have 4 g protein and are plant based. They are 100 calories so good.

TSS: 5 years 1 month 9 days 159.2 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF chocolate Caramel Coffee Mate

MS: Light and Fit toasted marshmallow Greek yogurt and berries.

CB: Coffee with SF chocolate Caramel Coffee Mate

L: 1/2 Wendys Southwest Ranch salad and 1/2 of a large chili

D: Chicken salad on celery, roasted carrots

Exercise: 1/2hour elliptical this morning.

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use Miralax and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great weekend my friends.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

Me sweating.

Cozy girls so cute.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 1/20/23 7:20 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I remember what a treat Wendy's chili was during soft foods. An actual restaurant after a month of shakes and yogurt.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 760 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 272 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 90 views
Recent Topics