What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 1/22/23 1:05 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin weekenders! Hope y'all are having a decent weekend.

Pretty sure I have something up with a rotator cuff...either that or a pinched nerve but the symptoms sound more like the first, I've had issues with this before but it always stopped as quickly as it'd start. It's more on my left side but radiates a little on the right as well. It's impossible to lay on my left side for more than a few minutes. I see the NP at my neurosurgeons office Tuesday...hopefully...so I'll ask her what I should do. In the mean time the heating pad and bio freeze is my friend.

The week ahead is a busy one, maybe. We are supposed to get a good amount of snow starting Monday night. They are still on the fence about totals. I'm hoping we miss out on it because Tuesday I NEED to get these staples out. Wednesday I get my pain pump filled. They just don't do great upkeep on roads in my area for winter weather. They brine it and hope for the best! They do plow on major roads and highways but that's it.

I do have appointments tomorrow, one with my psychologist and the other with my bariatric surgeon. Ozempic has been GREAT for my blood sugar numbers but the weight loss has been less than stellar. I am down about 7 pounds since I started it almost 4 months ago. Now...I'm not discounting that as bad because considering what I'm going through I could've thrown the towel in completely. I do however know it could have been better. I'm going to get some groceries today to help me eat better and hopefully improve my inflammation. Starting off small. Going to cut down on processed food gradually and not buy anything that is for the most part. Going to make a white bean and spinach soup and some hummus to have with veggies. I also need to eat fruit in place of sweets when I want them.

QOTD: what's your favorite cold/dreary weather comfort food?

I know not all of us have "cold" weather but we almost all have dreary weather once in a while. Mines gotta be hamburger stew or potato soup. It's usually the first one because of the charms in potato soup. My grandma made the BEST potato soup when I was sick. Lots of onions and I'd put some extra pepper in it.

B: breakfast taco with JUST egg and turkey sausage & coffee x2

L: ????

D: maybe some tilapia and Brussels sprouts

S: ????

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/22/23 1:57 am, edited 1/21/23 6:04 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

Well, I'm sorry for the added injury. Our bodies truly do strange things to us, especially when under stress. I know the weight isn't where you want but congrats on seven pounds! Even with the shots, your body will fight to keep it. Good for you with menu shopping today. I try to never shop hungry because my stomach will try and convince me to put truly ridiculous things in the cart.

QOTD- I like a good New England clam chowder with extra cracked pepper. Or homemade Erwtensoep.

I feel your meme lately. Even with meal prep and planning to make sure there is always something on hand, head hunger is a pain. Today I'm blaming food science a bit due to the conversation the other day. So many foods are enhanced with flavors, it's hard sometimes for home-cooked, fresh foods to compete.

I got a ton of cleaning and organizing done yesterday. Replaced all my air filters, too. Today I'll try to get to the well filters and then hopefully run a water test. I want to do top-down dusting, and to end with thorough mopping. I do still fatigue super easily and have to take breaks, but it's getting done!

Accountability- Didn't make the fritatta yet so swapped that on the menu with protein chips anda slice of keto bread with cheese. Still met my protein goal.

Exercise - Probably just the movement from cleaning and such today.

Menu

Roasted turkey breast with carrots and onions, one date

Ratio blueberry yogurt, roasted seaweed

Two boiled eggs with mustard, four reduced fat Triscuits

Egg white fritatta with cottage cheese and veggies, 1/4 c steamed sweet potatoes

Cheers, everyone.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 135

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

FindingCharlie
on 1/22/23 3:40 am - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16
Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/22/23 8:04 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

It truly is! I think country houses collect dust faster. The previous owner here took out the pellet stove and put a propane insert in the living room. When I bought the house, that was the only heat source. I'd rather have wood, somehow. I do have a package unit now but kept the insert as a backup.

And yep, glad to be cleaning and leaning. I don't like to accumulate too much stuff. Except maybe blankets! Definitely good exercise this weekend.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 135

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 1/22/23 5:45 am - Amarillo, TX

my shoulders/neck isn't hurting a lot at this moment...hoping it stays at bay for a while!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/22/23 2:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and wow, Saturday went fast. I have been up for a bit thinking about the work stuff I need to get taken care of next week, it will be a long one for sure. Going to try to put it out of my mind for a few more hours today though!

QOTD - I am a winter girl at heart so don't really have any type of comfort winter recipes; I do love being inside with a hot beverage when it's cold and grey outside though. I am looking for new recipes to try in general though so look forward to what everyone else says.

Mel, my mother was a horrible cook (still is) and as a kid she once decided to make potato soup for us because someone had given us like a life time supply of frozen hash browns....no idea what she did to make it absolutely awful, but she did....and I was probably 30 before I tried potato soup again and was shocked that it was actually a yummy think that people could actually want to eat.

Workout, a trip to the grocery store if I find something I want to cook for the week, movie with friends and then I will need to spend the afternoon working so I'm ready for next week.

Menu is coffee plus half and half X3

Ratio yogurt

deli ham and gruyere slice

tbd on dinner -- If I don't come up with anything I do have a RGF "lasagna" bowl in the freezer to try

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 1/22/23 5:37 am - Amarillo, TX

Your story about the potato soup had me laughing. The first time I tried to make it on my own it wasn't really great. My brother had dental surgery and wanted some... well I smashed the potatoes too much and when cold it formed something of a jello like thing. He also hates onions so it was missing that. It was so bland! He liked it though LOL

Partlypollyanna
on 1/22/23 1:17 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

It was so sweet of you to make it for him!

Jen

FindingCharlie
on 1/22/23 3:33 am - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

Good morning everyone

I hope your injury is just a pinch nerve and not more serious.Rotator Cuff injuries are so painful. I have had to have both of mine done and I just shudder remembering how painful surgery and recovery was. The first time I hurt my right shoulder and try to ignore the problem for about three months hoping it would just go away....not. I have a terrible habit of ignoring injuries when I hurt myself until I can no longer ignore the problem. My PP just shakes her head at me...she is always calling me a rebel, lol!

Do have any problem getting the Ozempic medication? I had seen a thing on the news just last week about people having problems getting it. Apparently, there is a thing on TicToc about people using it to lose weight causing a shortage for people *****ally need the medication. Although, I thought it was a prescribed medication.....so how are they getting access to it?

QOTD: I make a lot of soups and chili in the winter/snowy months. I make Hamburg-tomato soup, bean and ham, Chicken vegetable, Beef Stew, etc.

Menu:

Breakfast: 4 Nutracelle mini egg muffins

Lunch: Sliced ham and Swiss cheese wrap

Dinner: Leftover Sirloin Tip roast beef 4oz. and 1/2 homemade applesauce

Snack: Protein smoothie

Exercise: I usually take Sunday as my rest day for exercise.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/22/23 5:18 am
RNY on 02/14/18

There are always doctors willing to prescribe things for off brand use...which is good if it's something that is addressing more than vanity, I suppose.

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?