What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Teenie
on 1/25/23 6:41 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Good to see things are going well in QJB land. I think will all the assignments this semester should fly. Hang in there it will be over before you know it.

For me I got nothing. It is cold and snowy this morning but is supposed to change to rain before lunch. Ron is still working on the tile project. I hope he finishes soon. I want to make cake pops for an event this Saturday and I need to get the cakes made tomorrow. He is being very meticulous, and I can see it will be quality work when the project is done. I have a hard time with patients so I'm getting antsy at this point.

QOTD: No never. But I have heard about this ChatGPT app, and I would probably tried to use it to my advantage if it was available when I needed it.

Accountability: Nuts and BBQ chicharrons. Didn't go to Zumba Pound.

TSS: 5 years 1 month 14 days 161.6 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF chocolate Caramel Coffee Mate

MS: Light and Fit raspberry chocolate Greek yogurt and berries.

CB: Coffee with SF chocolate Caramel Coffee Mate

L: Jimmy Dean Eggwich and snack select

D: Onion chicken bake and asparagus

Exercise: 1/2hour treadmill this morning.

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use Miralax and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

cheapskate
on 1/25/23 7:54 am
RNY on 03/30/15

I know we are both creamer fans! If you see the sugar free Twix it is super good!

Teenie
on 1/25/23 8:55 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Been there done that. International delight has Friends Central Perk in sugar and sugar fee. It is Chocolate hazelnut flavor. It is very good as well.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 1/25/23 7:38 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. That meme. We still say that around my house..."this is your brain on drugs..." Ha.

Yesterday was successful. I got in a hard walk and then I moved 400-500 pounds of stones from the planter area to buckets. It's prep work that needed to be done because I want to add flagstone to the area and a little seating area. Flagstone to reduce the mud the dogs track around, the little seating area because my next door neighbor needs a seat when he comes over for happy hour in the evenings. His knees are terrible. Right now we keep a pillow out there and he sits on the stairs, but he's tired (and so am I) of dog butts in our faces while we are all out there chatting. I took a before and will post it with an after when done. But that might be a few weeks yet. We went to my favorite taco place for lunch and I ate 1/2 the insides of 2 different types of tacos and 5 fresh chicharrons and damn they were good. Looking forward to the left overs. I wasn't feeling dinner last night, so I reheated the lasagna and only ate some cheesy insides and 1 meatball.

I'm "workout" sore from all the stones yesterday. But I am struck by the knowledge that I would have been in agony and crippled for days by this project just a year ago. My back is so much stronger. Reinforces my goals. Today Rog is taking me to the stone yard so I can pick out the DG and the flagstone for my project. But first, my 3 mile walk and yoga. And then if it warms up enough, I want to scrub down an old set of table and chairs that I plan on painting for the new area. It's a balmy 43 right now with a high of 58 planned, but if I get in direct sunshine I should be ok.

Speaking of direct sunshine, twice this last month I have been informed by my healthcare team or my trainer that I should get 10 minutes of sunlight in the morning hours on my eyeballs. Not staring directly at the sun, but have my face in the sun with no sunglasses on. It's supposed to be excellent for mental and physical health, including eye health. So I've started taking my morning walk without my sunglasses on for the first 10 minutes. Seems like an easy enough thing to try, so why not. Anything that might help my sleep pattern and possibly restrict loss of mental sharpness is worth trying.

QoTD: Not that I can remember, and based on my grades, not likely.

Menu
B: left over taco innards

L: I hope to be home and that Rog doesn't want lunch out. If home, then leftover chicken and goat cheese with a small beet salad.

D: Maui steak, rice for Rog, salad

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/25/23 9:42 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Having inherited a mountain of gravel when I bought this house, I sympathize with the joy of moving hundreds of pounds of rocks!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Sheila_H
on 1/25/23 8:18 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

LOL, that meme cracked me up. I also had to laugh at people who are up in arms about their gas stoves. Maybe because I'm not a big cook but I love my induction stove. Although I gotta say when we were remodeling the kitchen I asked a friend who is a chef if I should do gas or electric. Very matter of fact she said "the way you cook, get electric!"

QOTD: yup, in middle school. Chemistry formulas on my leg pants covered by uniform. Got caught. Math teacher had tomorrow's tests on his desk; my desk was almost attached to his desk. While he was walking around I took one. My mistake was not sharing it with the whole class but only with my friends. Somebody ratted me out. The day after I showed up in class with nuns walking up and down between desks and a brand new test. Agh!

Just last night DH said there was a communication from his company warning them not to use chapGT or some other version for codes, because they are not allowed to use open source for your codes. He said give it 10 years and AIs might actually replace him. They have tried with AIs to write the codes and it's pretty good, but right now the risk is they don't know where the AI is getting its codes from, they can't be sure all of it belongs to the company.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Hb eggs + quest chips
  • Iced coffee w/PP, sharp cheddar cheese
  • Meat loaf and air fried roasted potatoes (very hard to resist the potatoes but resist I did)
  • E: cardio + weight

Happy hump day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 1/26/23 12:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I love cooking on gas stoves - so much better than electric! Although a friend of mine who also loves cooking on gas said he likes his induction stove almost as much. So I'm glad to hear there's an OK alternative if they make us all give up our beloved gas stoves!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 1/26/23 3:11 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I have only seen the headlines but wouldn't they just stop selling new ones vs coming in and taking the old ones out? I think that's essentially what they did with the lead paint..."you can't have anymore, but go ahead and keep those lead painted walls you already have"....I mean, I'm sure no one actually said that, lol. I didn't read it but did you see yesterday that, I think it's Iowa or Nebraska, has a proposal to ban electric cars? I think some of these things just come up because people want publicity.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 1/26/23 5:51 am, edited 1/25/23 9:52 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

yes - they would not force people to trash existing ones. They just won't sell new ones. When I said "giving up", I meant giving up cooking over gas - not any one particular stove. I won't be able to continue cooking over gas for the rest of my life, as would be my preference - I definitely wouldn't have to yank my existing one out of my kitchen. My current stove is eight years old - so given the current lifespan of appliances, it may not last too many more years. If this ban looks serious, I may consider replacing it before I need to so I'll have 10-12 more years of gas cooking.

catwoman7
on 1/26/23 5:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

after re-reading what I originally wrote, yes, i can see why you interpreted it the way you did. I should have been more clear.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 770 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 498 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 276 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 97 views