What's on your Thursday Menu?

Mkess
on 1/26/23 7:51 am, edited 1/25/23 11:52 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Thursday!

Anyone have experience purchasing pop/vending machines or know someone who deals with servicing / selling that I may be able to pick their brain? I'm about to buy a used one for my club and want another opinion.

QJB - Sorry about your rough day yesterday... Hope the conversation with your Mom goes better than anticipated.

The conversation with my aide yesterday went well. He understood and said we're pahtners til the end. I'm a little anxious about getting a new aide and having them in my home for 15 hours a week. It will all work out.

QOTD - so much music to recommend, can you provide genres or artists you normally listen to? Quick off the top of my head - Sylvan esso, st. Paul & the broken bones, RJD2 (mashups using songs from 1980-2010).

Accountability - three spoonfuls of ice cream. I am starting to rationalize that I'm so low on calories that an extra 100 or 200 will still keep me in the daily calorie range if not lower. I need someone to tell me this still isn't acceptable. I meet with the nutritionist / np January 31.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: ****tail shrimp and ****tail sauce.

S: baby carrots.

D: rotisserie chicken and asparagus.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Teenie
on 1/26/23 8:21 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Your right it is not acceptable especially if you're still trying to cut weight. You did good though sticking to 3 Spoonfuls. Maybe grab an alternative like a frozen yogurt then you won't be depriving yourself. Good Luck.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Mkess
on 1/26/23 9:02 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

Thanks. I need that support.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Partlypollyanna
on 1/26/23 10:08 am
RNY on 02/14/18

When you say you are starting to rationalize, it sounds like you are not actually measuring but just ballparking. If you measure you could have that bite of ice cream and actually be in your range or measuring and seeing the impact might actually make it easier to change your mind about whether you want it or not.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Mkess
on 1/26/23 9:06 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

Thanks for the suggestion. If they are set calories, then it's easier to recognize if it's actually worth it. I utilize the benefit in the related activity of keeping a food journal so why not this too. Very helpful.

Lisa91941
on 1/26/23 8:16 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

Julia, that's way, way too much to ask of a kid. If they aren't paying, then I suggest a nice backyard ****tail hour with Hors D'oeuvres and lots of candles and music. It will be lovely anywhere if there is love and laughter involved.

Yesterday I got in my 3 miles and 50 minutes of yoga. Then we went and picked out the dg and rock for the new space. I think we are picking that up on Tuesday and if you don't hear from me Wednesday it will be because I can't lift my arms to the keyboard after shoveling a half yard of crumbled granite. I might have to ask the neighbor kid to come help move the flagstones. Rog is very strong, but I'm afraid I'd drop my half on my feet.

Side note. How the hell am I so busy when I don't even have a job. I was awake last night for hours trying to play tetris with my calendar and all the things I need to accomplish before February 20. Today carpet is coming in, I have a lunch date and seeing Otto and need to do more work on the dirt in the new space if it's still light when I get home. I did manage to get out and get vitamins for the next 4 months for our road trip yesterday. Still need several things for organizing the RV I am looking for.

QoTD: I'm mostly country, but on my walks I have it on shuffle. Some Megan Trainor will dang sure put some pep your step.

My accountability was really pretty good food wise. We did end up going out for lunch, and I ate 1/4 of a burger and 6 fries and didn't feel the littlest bit guilty or mad at myself. I added a nightcap at the end of the night which I didn't need, but sure did enjoy.

Menu today

B: leftover stuffed low carb bell pepper

L: TBD, but maybe a frisee salad with a soft boiled egg

D: carne asada meat, cheese, salad

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Partlypollyanna
on 1/26/23 10:10 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Lisa, I am a landscaping novice, what is DG? I have been trying to come up with words to match in the context but I have nothing:-)

Jen

Lisa91941
on 1/26/23 10:23 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Ha! Decomposed granite. All the itty bitty rock pieces that they break it down into to provide a bed for flagstone. So sort of like this: dg path

But for this space:

Partlypollyanna
on 1/26/23 1:50 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I did not know those had a name! I learn every day:-)

Jen

Sheila_H
on 1/26/23 8:19 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

QJB, sorry if I am out of line, but why is your mother asking YOU to throw a party SHE wants? It's one thing when kids surprise their parents with a party for their anniv, but this seems like she wants certain specific things that is out of your wheelhouse. It sounds like the daughter who wants an expensive wedding when the parents can't afford it. And, with the prices nowadays, I'm not surprised they asked you $150 per plate, it's like a wedding. I hope you can talk this out with your mom and you guys come to a compromise. Maybe a ****tail/appetizer party, instead of a sit down dinner? This way everybody can mingle and talk and reminiscent?

Last night at 8:30 pm while settled down for the evening I found out a store 20 minutes away from me sells my favorite protein puffs jalapeños. I hadn't been able to find them in almost 2 years, and my stash of nacho cheese ones was dwindling down. Needless to say I jumped in the car (after changing into presentable clothing - I can't walk around at the store in my pjs like a lot of younglings nowadays) and drove like a madwoman to the store. I bought 20 bags; the cashier very sardonically asked if I liked them. I'm planning to go back today and buy the rest of their lot.

QOTD: absolutely no help here. But I do love Shakira's new song going after Pique, and Miley Cyrus's new song. Those two songs are on repeat in my head. DH is walking around on egg shells thinking he is in trouble.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Costco chicken skewers
  • Iced coffee w/PP, jello
  • Made my own charcuterie board with various cheese + quest chips
  • E: 5 miles wog

Happy jr Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?