What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 1/28/23 1:57 am - Amarillo, TX

Poor broccoli! I for one love you!

Good mornin everyone. Hoping y'all's weekend is off to a good start!

I'm still in itch hell. I was able to get about three and a half hours of solid sleep then another hour after taking more Benadryl. This is really bothering me. It's relentless to say the least. My skin actually hurts it's so itchy. Ugh. At this point in time I regret the pain pump decision a great deal.

My brother and his family are coming over today so other than that nothing is planned. We're just going to do sandwiches and chips for them. I splurged on some nice pumpernickel bread. Today I'll put most of it up in the freezer. That and Jewish rye are my absolute favorites but I rarely buy bread at all. This is thin cut and will be a very occasional treat.

QOTD: what is your favorite vegetable and way you may cook them?

This relates to the meme today. I love broccoli! I love it roasted and slightly charred/burnt. Where the dark green bits are brown or a little black. Sooo good! Loads of garlic and some onion sliced to roast with it. That's what we had last night.

I also need to remember not to shop when panicked & anxiety ridden. I wouldn't of bought that bread usually.

B: thinkin it'll be oatmeal and coffee of course

L: half a sandwich

D: hamburger stew

S: chips and who knows what else.

while finishing up this post there was a shooting near here. Yikes. I'm a little frightened.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/28/23 3:04 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

Stay safe Mel. Hopefully if there's a shelter in place the authorities catch who they need to. Hoping for some relief for you from the pain you live with. I don't know how you do it.

QOTD- If I'm being honest with myself, it's potatoes. I love them fried but they're terrible for you, so Hasselbeck is my new thing. Crispy edges and melty insides with herbs, mmm.

Thank you all for the support and feedback yesterday. It did help me come to terms with the fact that I'm not overreacting to this situation. Too much obsession.

Yesterday I learned that I'll need to seek more aggressive treatment for the veins in my nose if I want them gone. That would be great but right now all my dollars are going to unplanned surgery and planned dental procedures, so that will be on my list for later.

I also got a note from the clinic that my coagulation is normal and my vitamin K levels are, too. Haven't seen the paperwork or lab results yet, so I'll have to wait for that. Means a couple of things though. Surgery should be a go, and there's something else causing the bruising. Oh, and I might have normal K levels, which I'll celebrate once I see the labs.

I got my hair trimmed Thursday night. I'm still keeping it shorter for the moment both because it's easier to wash and wear and because of the fallout, literally. Think I'm through the worst of the shedding but my hair is still pretty thin right now. I had the layers cleaned up a bit.

Last night I spent a good deal of time working to get most of the last house stuff I want done since I'm picking up my friend today at 3. So excited for this road trip! We didn't book anything in advance and it's supposed to rain the whole time but it will still be a blast!

Accountability- A small piece of spinach pie with mostly the spinach part. Who puts peas in spinach pie!? Or tofu?

Exercise- Will do recumbent bike in a minute probably my last until Friday.

Menu

Last of the egg white fritatta, a nice cup of oolong (yesterday helped me realize there's a strong coffee preference with the menu crew. I'm totally in the tea camp and can be one of those few representatives!)

Ratio yogurt- key lime is the one that works best for me

Might front load one more protein item. Probably boiled eggs and mustard with seaweed.

Dinner is TBD. I'll offer to stop somewhere or cook but she'll have been traveling for 10 hours by the time I pick her up, plus the hour and 15 minutes to the house.

Time to get up and put new sheets on the beds. I've also got to go into town and meet with my landscaping help this morning. Will head towards the airport early and find a place to wash and vacuum the car while I wait foe the plane to come in. Have a great day folks!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 135

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 1/28/23 4:08 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you so much!

I never even heard sirens. I know it was gunshots but the police here are pretty useless for things like this. I'm not meaning to bash all police but my area is having a lot of issues with police not wanting to do all that needs to be done. I mean...it's ridiculous. We need a new police chief.

Melody P.
on 1/28/23 4:09 am - Amarillo, TX

Oh and potatoes are yummy!

Maddymoe2
on 1/28/23 5:04 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Happy Saturday everyone. I try and post during the week, but time gets away from me in the mornings. I am really going to try and make time for it, even if it's a short post.

I am so happy that we have almost made it through January. I am not a fan of winter. The days are getting longer and it makes me happy.

Mel- I have been following your surgery and all the things. I am sorry that you are struggling right now with the itching and pain. I am hopeful though that as things continue to heal that it will get better. You have been through so much. I hope it goes well today having family over and it's not too much.

QOTD- I love the persian cucumbers. The little ones at Trader Joes are my favorite. I just eat them. My dog loves them too.

Food plan for the day-

egg scramble (ham, onion, basil, spinach)

Chicken baked with feta, basil, tomatoes, side salad with Olive Garden light italian dressing

Last of the pork loin with spicy mustard ( I love to eat it cold and sliced thin)

Boiled eggs and chomps for snacks

It's supposed to be raining today, but I think that I will walk anyway. Have a great day everyone and be kind to yourself.

Melody P.
on 1/28/23 6:55 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks so much! It's been a rather difficult journey and it feels like there is no end to it but I'm not giving up!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/28/23 9:12 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Saturday everyone; I have a rowing and an elliptical workout under my belt; I did the grocery shopping, on the second load of laundry and I took myself out for breakfast. I'm ready for a nap now too, lol. I don't actually nap but somedays I wish I did!

Meeting friends this late this afternoon for drinks/dinner/and a play and it's my dad's birthday and I need to call him but otherwise, that's it. I watched Triangle of Sadness which is one of the best picture nominees I had never heard of...unlike a lot of Oscar nominees, it's not depressing but it is weird and stupid so there's that. Do not recommend.

QOTD - asparagus, although I do like the little cucumbers Maddymoe mentioned, dipped in tzatziki!

menu today

eggs, ham, and toast with all the coffee

I'm going to try one of the "modern" ****tails, it's rum, elderberry, cherry bitters and a splash of ginger beer

either a bunless burger with asparagus or a chicken and poppyseed salad; but I'm making chicken tomorrow for the week so will probably go with the burger.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 1/29/23 1:02 am - Amarillo, TX

Yay for taking yourself out for breakfast!

catwoman7
on 1/28/23 9:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All! (there's 20 more minutes of "morning" here in the Midwest!)

I just got done hosting a Zoom presentation for one of my nonprofit organizations. I get a little break now - and then it's off to my cookbook discussion group - which features a potluck of dishes made from the cookbook of the month (this one is "The Joy of Cooking" - I learned a lot about the history...and controversies...of this book through this "assignment". Should make for an interesting discussion...). I made lokshen kugel (the sweet kind of kugel - with sugar and cinnamon added to the cottage cheese/sour cream/cream cheese/egg mixture). Hopefully there won't be much of it left after this potluck, because I can't imagine how many calories are in this thing (and I'm a little afraid to calculate it!)

not much else going on this weekend other than reading for classes. We're supposed to get some snow later this afternoon and evening, so it'll be a perfect day to be home reading!

QOTD: hmmm...I like most vegetables, so this is hard. Maybe sweet potatoes?

B: plain skyr with fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein muffin

L: at the potluck - so not sure

AS: probably nothing since it'll very likely be a larger-than-normal lunch

D: something light. Maybe 1/2 of one of those Loma Linda meals

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/28/23 10:08 am, edited 1/28/23 2:09 am

I hate you suffering with the itch. Hopefully your body will adapt. Fortunately you are not throwing up. The itch and horrible nausea were my major issues when I was getting used to opiates. Plus...morphine gives me a headache. Yeap. Apparently I'm not the only one.

Have you considered a body cream? Initially that can help. Talk to the pain clinic.

Also - histamine blocker - histamine digest supplements. Unfortunately they are rather expensive. So it may be not an option for a long term, but maybe at first 2 months you could try that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?