What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/30/23 2:13 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning and Happy Monday! I got my grade back on that big accounting project... I got an 86%. Bah. Soooo, I guess I am back to hating accounting, lol.

I have a ton to do today after taking yesterday completely off.

QOTD: What's your favorite restaurant (post-op)? We have a pub-style restaurant nearby that isn't fancy or anything and most of the food are not good choices. But they have fish tacos that are so delicious. They don't seem to have anything too bad in them, plus it usually gives me 3 - 4 servings. If I get to choose the restaurant, I pick that one!

B: egg bites

S: almonds & babybel cheese

L: chicken

D: fake lasagna with ground turkey

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 1/30/23 4:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and happy monday!! QJB, you're not going to be an accountant so you have a passing grade on the test and you can move on. It would be more frustrating to me if it was my area of expertise (of course, I saw that as someone who went back and took Stats years later because the D still haunted me....I am wiser in my 50s, clearly). Good job on a relaxing day!

My weekend was good; great time out with friends on Saturday, the play we saw is an original production here in Colorado but they are moving to off-off Broadway and hopefully they will be successful; everyone agreed they would love the soundtrack if it was released. The play is called In The Trenches and it's about a couple entering the toddler years and their single friends -- and we had a mix of married with kids, married with adult kids, singletons and married no kids and everyone died laughing. I also did my rowing on Saturday to get in my 50 miles. I have so much work and fun travel in Feb, I"m going to have to be very on point to get in the 50 for Feb.

I also spent some time getting through the Oscar nominees....so much work to do, Triangle of Sadness is not sad but but it is weird and kind of stupid; Elvis was good inspite of the worst Tom Hanks performance I've ever seen (and I watched Busom Buddies and Joe vs the Volcano). I read he was nominated for a Razzie and surprisingly, it's for a different role (Gepetto in Pinocchio). I'm about one hour into All Quiet on The Western Front, it's slow going.

I just found out my friend that I'm traveling with is going to check her suitcase so I probably will too; takes some of the pressure of packing off although this will be the shortest trip I've ever checked a bag for.

QOTD - my favorite restaurant is the same as pre-op, it's a Thai place that's been open 20+ years, I'm pretty sure it's a front for some type of smuggling because it's in a higher end/higher rent area but I've never seen more than 2 or 3 tables full - evenings, lunchtime, week days, weekends, pretty empty. But the food is great. I still get the Panang Chicken although now I leave the rice.

I woke up not feeling great but I did my elliptical session and I'm feeling a bit better; will probably keep my meals pretty light today though. We are in the arctic bubble right now, but I think I need to run out into it unfortunately so will wait until the "warmest" part of the afternoon.

menu today

coffee plus half and half 1 then I switched to black tea

Egg and English muffin

yogurt

I have soup in the cabinet so might have that or a bowl of keto cereal or maybe make an English muffin topped with cottage cheese and toasted with cinnamon added after. The toasted cottage cheese was from one of the many pre-WLS diet programs but it's still one that I like.

Have a fantastic day everyone!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 1/30/23 5:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I felt the same about Tom Hanks in Elvis. I'm glad you feel better after your workout.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 1/30/23 7:08 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I never read much about the movies I am watching so I was 1/2 way through the movie before I realized it was Tom Hanks.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 1/30/23 5:08 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

I'm in the airport waiting to fly to Orlando for work.

Did anybody see the commercial for Cocaine Bear?

It's based (loosely) on a true story about a drug smuggling pilot who jettisoned his cargo shortly before an unsuccessful parachute drop.

Sadly, the real life cocaine bear was only about the size of Marie and overdosed shortly after finding the duffel bags.

In the Hollywood version, the bear apparently is larger and has a heartier constitution, because he ends up going full Scarface on the local town, fur matted in coke. Say Hello to my little friend!

I don't expect that the February 2024 thread will include Jen rearranging her schedule to get in a pre-Oscar screening of Cocaine Bear, but you never know.

One thing that seems realistic is that the story is set in Georgia, because if this bear was real, it would undoubtedly end up in Hilary's yard.

QOTD: The Palm.

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Queen JB
on 1/30/23 5:17 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Grim's daughter showed us the trailer for Cocaine Bear this weekend and we died laughing. It's the next Sharknado for sure! I can't wait.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 1/30/23 5:54 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Safe travels!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 1/30/23 6:09 am, edited 1/29/23 10:10 pm
RNY on 02/14/18
ladygodiva1228
on 1/30/23 6:24 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Like they say "never get high on your own supply" LOL. The movie looks hysterical.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Daisydoo02
on 1/31/23 11:14 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hey Jim,

So my next door neighbour is the Head FX Designer on this movie. He works for WETA FX which did movies like all the Avengers, Lord of the Rings, Godzilla vs Kong (all his movies) so he got us all exclusive pre screening tickets to this movie. It looks hilarious and it is a true story.

Hope you & yours are good

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 771 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 381 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 501 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 198 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 276 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?