What's on your Monday Menu?

Julia S.
on 1/30/23 7:03 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- It's boring but Applebees I get the cajun salmon, or Olive Garden where nothing is very healthy but I get 3 meals from the leftovers. I haven't been to a restaurant in a long time.

It's a balmy 23 out this morning. So I'll probably wait until this afternoon to walk. It should be about 37 by then. I went yesterday and my cheeks were so cold they hurt. I had knitted myself a hat that only exposed my eyes, but I got rid of it when I moved the Maui, I'll have to see if I can find the pattern and knit another one, but that won't help for today.

I've made it 6 days in a row to the nature park, but didn't on Saturday. I went to Ikea instead, I pretty much got my steps in but not at a fast pace. I had a $10 off coupon for my birthday but it was only good until the end of the month. The only thing that I bought was tea lights, too broke for the things that I really want. And some how cinnamon rolls were bought. I ate one and was disappointed, it seemed dry to me and not worth the 330 calories. I froze the rest and may have half a one, and if I warm it up it will probably not be so dry.

Was disappointed in both football games, the only one I mostly watched was 49ers and Eagles. I really wanted KC to lose, but they didn't. For some reason I can't stand Patrick Mahomes. Done with NFL for the year, I don'****ch the super bowl and normally only watch my team. I hate the commercials so I usually DVR the games and wait about an hour so I can fast forward through them.

I need to get to work.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

White Dove
on 1/30/23 8:32 am - Warren, OH

If you put a paper towel in water, squeeze it out and wrap around the cinnamon roll when you microwave it, it should come out hot and soft. My microwave takes about 20 seconds.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sheila_H
on 1/30/23 7:59 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

QJB- you know last week's QOTD was what's your love language? After seeing this meme, I'd like to change my answer: my love language is cookies. Yum!

Had a nice relaxing weekend. Enjoyed lots of walks, good meals and good company. Ready for the week, although I feel a little under the weather, a little congested chest. But I'll be good.

QOTD: I'm not too picky about my restaurants, as long as I can choose a protein forward dish. I love Mexican restaurants because I can go with fajitas. I love old style burger joints so I can have a nice burger (no buns), and I do love the old breakfast diners where I can order a good scrambled egg with spicy veggies and some crispy roasted potatoes (trying not to eat all of the potatoes).

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee, scrambled eggs, some roasted potatoes
  • Pork rinds, epic chicken
  • Fage yogurt
  • Skipped dinner
  • E: rest Day

Happy start of the week!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 1/30/23 11:36 am - Warren, OH

Love your love language Sheila. I would probably agree to marry a man who bought me the chocolate peppermint Girl Scout cookies. I consider a box of those a single serving.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sheila_H
on 1/30/23 1:37 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Totally agree on 1 box=1 serving.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 1/30/23 1:57 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That is my understanding of the serving size as well

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 1/30/23 4:18 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh diner food- yum!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 1/30/23 8:06 am - Amarillo, TX

Quick post from me. Just got home from the blood patch and thank the gods that I got sedations. At least 4 spots where they had to drawl the blood. Eek. My headache is already pretty much gone. The new med is helping with the itching. It's still there but not nearly as urgent feeling. I can kind of breathe through it. My skin is sore still. Very sore.

So not much going on today. My mom won't let me lol.

QOTD: we don't go out to eat a lot. We do get take out. My Thai is a good one for us. I also like this chain called torches tacos. They have it where you can get anything in a bowl. I've only been there twice...but I like it a lot. Whataburger is my favorite burger place. Post op it's the taco place. There is also a regional restaurant called taco vila that has an awesome taco salad.

I had oatmeal when I got home and the rest of the meals will likely be the stew my mom made yesterday.

here is a pic of a piece I made this weekend. I'm quite proud of it.

Maddymoe2
on 1/30/23 9:25 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Melody,

I have been watching for you to post. I'm thankful that you had a successful appointment and the meds are helping with the itching! Many prayers for continued healing. Better days are ahead!

Melody P.
on 1/30/23 12:25 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! I appreciate it very much :)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 352 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views