What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/16/23 2:36 am
RNY on 07/20/15

What? Thursday again already? Seriously the last 2 weeks have flown by for me. Thank goodness, because I couldn't be more excited for this semester to end. 3 more weeks! Today is all about the school work for me, and if I get enough done, I might whip out the new industrial mixer and make a couple octuple batches of dough to freeze. Other than that, I have nothing. Grim is heading over to his brother's new house to help him paint all day, so I am a widow. If I have any time to chill, I will watch scary movies and shows that he doesn't like ;)

QOTD: What is the next new thing you want to learn or try? I am barely proficient at making really fancy 3D flowers in icing and I think it's the next step for me in the cookie business. I purchased an online class awhile ago and I just got around to watching it, but I haven't practiced. I bought the tools I need online last night and when everything comes I am diving in to learn to make stuff like this! This is royal icing! Crazy, right?

Accountability: I skipped lunch because I wasn't hungry. Otherwise spot on. To be fair, if there had been chocolate in the house I would have eaten all of it last night, but thankfully there wasn't any.

B: Protein Coffee

S: Greek Yogurt

L: Veggie Burger

D: probably a Smart Ones frozen dinner?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 2/16/23 2:54 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

I'm not sure what today'll look like. As far as I know there is nothing planned. I forgot I have to go pick up a prescription at Walmart. I'm not feeling great but what's new about that lol. The itchiness is still pretty intense but if I keep up on my med it's not as bad as it could be.

Gratitudes:

Mona the groaner

carpel tunnel wrist brace

Cetaphel(sp?) body wash

QOTD: I would love to be able to do riveted chainmail. It's way unnecessary but I think it's cool. I don't have the set up needed though. I'd also love to learn metal smithing.

B: duck egg and coffee

L: beef stew

D: ????

S: pepitas, cheese

Melody P.
on 2/16/23 4:29 am - Amarillo, TX

I forgot to add this. I once considered being a cake decorator. I even took some classes. The teacher wanted me to go further. I was 18 and I just wasn't fond of it. I can still make roses and what not but it still stresses me out because I want it to be perfect.

Queen JB
on 2/16/23 6:36 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I did some cake decorating when I was younger, too, and I like the decorating part but I hate making cake. Making flowers out of buttercream is so much easier than royal icing, though!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 2/16/23 6:48 am - Amarillo, TX

No doubt!

I also hated making cakes. I'm too much of a perfectionist. We have a crappy oven too and it bakes unevenly.

Grim_Traveller
on 2/16/23 7:00 am
RNY on 08/21/12

JB disliked the cookie making part at first. She was all about the decorating. Now she gives the Keebler elves a run for her money.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

catwoman7
on 2/16/23 8:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

it'd be fun to take a cake decorating class! Not too dangerous, either, since cake is one of those things I can take or leave...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

lmfontana4
on 2/16/23 9:01 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Melody-although you have itching, which sucks. How is the new pain medication working on relieving your pain level?

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 2/16/23 11:10 am - Amarillo, TX

The dosage is so low that is not providing any pain relief yet. I'm supposed to go next Wednesday to get the tritation going up.

I can't take anything but Tylenol in the mean time. Fun fun times.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/16/23 3:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and today is my friday, yay me! Crazy busy yesterday and it's going to be a bit bonkers today too but all is good! There's a Lufthansa pilot strike so I had to scramble to get new flights booked yesterday afternoon -- my route to Finland has changed a bit but I'm still on the way:-)

I shoveled 4 times yesterday and it was about 2-3 inches each time and then I just got back in from shoveling again, maybe 3-4 inches...so I think we got 10-12 inches which is nice. My neighbor had done my sidewalk yesterday afternoon so I did his this morning (they are still asleep, it's early here....but I had to shovel very quietly because I know their toddler's bedroom is at the front of the house and you don't want to do a good deed and then ruin it by waking the small child). I also did a bit over 5 miles in my rowing so I have a good start towards March's 50.....when I got off the rower I decided that instead of doing some stretching, I'd do the last round of snow shoveling as that stretches different muscles....I don't even know who I am any more).

QOTD - my next new skill will be husky sled mushing and possibly Aurora photography....but only one of them is a definite. Professional, although it's not required in my role, I am putting myself through the ISO auditor/lead auditor standards; I figure it's a good skill and lets me understand more what my team members face. My first workshop is end of March.

Menu today

coffee plus half and half X2

Ratio yogurt and parmesan square

protein bar

airplane dinner

I don't know if I'll be online on Friday so just in case I am not, here is my photo friday. Happy Shamrock Flowers!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 283 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?