What's on your Sunday menu everyone?

Queen JB
on 2/26/23 5:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

QOTD: Currently I think my best color is pajamas.

Not sure about food today. I had a really weird situation yesterday--we went out to breakfast and I wa**** with the most overwhelming smell of disinfectant that I ever smelled before and it made me physically ill. I couldn't eat more than a bite. I still feel nauseous thinking about it. I'm 2 cups of coffee in to today and feel ok so far...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 2/26/23 5:18 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Pajama color. I like it.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/26/23 8:06 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Hopefully you're feeling better! That happened to me once and Google said it can happen when you eat a whole lot of protein at once and your body is trying to break it down. Maybe something you ate the night before?

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 2/26/23 6:27 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

yesterday our cookbook group had its monthly potluck. Everyone brings a dish that came from the selected cookbook of the month. I may have mentioned this already, but this month's book featured mid-century Midwestern food. I am in my 60s and except for a 10-year stint in the south, I've lived my whole life in the Midwest, but I HATE mid-century Midwestern food. The only thing that was actually pretty tasty was the beer bread that someone brought. I did try everything, though - except for the chili, because it contained two cups of ketchup and some ground beef. I don't necessarily hate ground beef, but I don't eat it. But ketchup on or in anything except for French fries? Horrors! The thought of all that ketchup in chili really grossed me out. The rest of the food was pretty predictable - macaroni salad, mac & cheese, something that seemed like a version of ambrosia (with fruit and marshmallows in this pink creamy sauce) and "possum pie", which I've never seen on a menu here, but I remember the "Beverly Hillbillies" eating it. However, I think in the Clampett's case, it was made with actual possum meat. This recipe, as well as others I saw after googling it, is a graham cracker crust with two layers of pudding (one chocolate, one vanilla), a bunch of whipped cream, and nuts. It definitely seemed like a mid-century Midwestern-type of dessert, and I don't think I'd eat it again - too fatty, too processed. The company and conversation were enjoyable, though.

Today I'm meeting up with the eldest sister of my friend who died last week. I'm heading over to his condo around 1:00. She wants me to pick out some photos of him that I'd like (she'll email me the digital copies), and pick out a thing or two of his that I'd like as a momento. Other than that, I just need to do some reading. Last night I did some work on my nutrition class - I'm really enjoying that class (the one on obesity and weight loss). There's a sociology class on "fatness" that's being offered as an online class at the Madison campus this summer - I'm going to try to get into that one, too.

QOTD: back in the mid- or late-70s, there was a book published called "Color Me Beautiful" that was an enormou**** and soon afterward color workshops sprung up all over the country because people wanted their "colors done". I went to such a workshop. I am a "winter", which means I look best in bold, cool colors - like bold greens, blues, purples, grays, reds (I know reds are often considered warm colors, but we "winters" look good in bold, pure reds (not the orange-y types of reds). Also, we look good in pure white and black. I was glad to hear all this because those are the colors I wore (and still wear) ANYWAY. I've known forever that I look very washed out in beige and all the typical fall colors. And although I can wear the softer, more pastel versions of cool colors (which would be the best colors for a "summer"), they don't look quite as good on me as the bolder versions.

I'll be eating light today because of the fatty, calorie-laden lunch I had yesterday - because boy am I feeling it this morning. UGH!!

B: plain skyr with fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: one chicken skewer with satay sauce, maybe some fresh fruit

AS: if anything, maybe a L&F yogurt

D: probably a salad with turkey breast and light dressing

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 2/26/23 6:43 am
RNY on 06/03/15

P.S. the topic of where on earth mid-century Midwestern "cuisine" even came from was one of the topics of conversation yesterday. Other than urban areas, most of the 19th/early 20th century immigrants to the Midwest were German and Scandinavian (and to a large extent, most native Midwesterners still have German and Scandinavian ancestry). You'd think the cuisine would reflect that. But as far as I know, they don't eat things like Jello salads and salads in pink sauce with marshmallows or things made with instant pudding and Cool Whip in Germany and Scandinavia. So....???? Who invented this stuff?

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 2/26/23 8:00 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I think they have a tradition of "jelled" type food though and I think gelatine/aspic type things have been around for a long time....and then combine that with the duo of ease of commercial gelatin/jello/coolwhip and the changing dynamic in the homes in the 50s with more women in the workforce and looking for easy but still homemade, it makes a bit of sense!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/26/23 8:10 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Glad you survived the lunch! My mom used to make some kind of scary ambrosia salad that sounds like the one you saw. It was a special treat but I hate it. Also had coconut in it.

Love the classes you have the possibility of taking!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Amy Liz
on 2/26/23 7:51 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I slept in again until 6:30 - good stuff. Yesterday was rainy, lazy and wonderful. Today the I'm seeing the Antman and Wasp sequel with the kiddo - apparently I'm caught up enough and good to go for this one. After we are grocery shopping and getting sushi. I'm looking forward to a normal low key week at work - I'm well prepared for March already.

QOTD - At this weight I wear mostly black with little pops of color like I'm in mourning - seriously. When I was smaller I wore lots of color - it was a lot of fun, no fear. Hopefully that will make a comeback soon! I like and look good in light blue and sage green.

Accountability -Rob made enchiladas for dinner w/shredded chicken, cheese and 25 calorie corn tortillas - very good!

b- coffee, eggs w/green chilis

l - leftover enchiladas

d- sashimi

s- jerky at movies

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 536 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views