Sunday menu! What's on yours?

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/23 12:17 am
RNY on 01/24/23

There was no Saturday thread so I thought I would start Sunday!

QOTD: Where did you have your greatest holiday?

Mine is a toss up between my first European holiday when I was 19 or a trip just pre covid to Vietnam, was so much fun! Wonderful people and experiences, fell in love with the country, look forward to going back at a good weight haha .

Food for Sunday is Protein, yogurt, tuna avo mix and we shall see what else.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

White Dove
on 3/5/23 3:01 am - Warren, OH

During the Vietnam conflict United States solders used to try to take their leave in Hawaii and British soldiers would take their leave in Australia. It sounds wonderful to be able to visist Vietnam and have a great vacation.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/23 2:12 pm
RNY on 01/24/23

Yes, was wonderful. We were on a day trip with a fellow Australian who happened to have fought in Vietnam. I was so intrigued by his experience.

He said he went there say in 2015 as part of PTSD treatment and fell in love with the people and the culture. His wife seemed to love it as well. I found the story so moving!

Guess we go on holidays to Japan and Germany without blinking an eye anymore, so time does heal many wounds.

White Dove
on 3/6/23 6:28 am - Warren, OH

I know a person with PTSD from Vietnam and wish he would make the effort to go back and find peace with those people. I believe that he does realize now that the people of Vietnam did not deserve to have their lives torn apart by that political conflict.

Thank you for sharing that story. I had actually forgotten that there were Australian solders who fought in Vietnam.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 3/5/23 5:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

yea the weekends are kind of a crap shoot when it comes to whether or not there's a thread. Unlike during the week, only a few of us typically post on weekends, so it all depends on if someone feels compelled to start the thread or not. I almost did yesterday but then something came up and I never got around to it. So thanks for starting today!!

I have a Zoom meeting at noon with a bunch of people out in Maryland who are working on Swedish genealogy. I "met" one of them via the virtual genealogy conference I've been attending the last three days (the "in person" conference was going on in Salt Lake City - most of the sessions were livestreamed). Someone emailed me letting me know we're fourth cousins or something, and then she wondered if I wanted to be part of a Facebook group she was in for people looking for Swedish ancestors - and they also meet periodically on Zoom. So I said sure, even though I mostly work on my Scottish and German/Eastern European lines. But this might be fun. Otherwise, not much going on today, but I should probably do some reading for my classes since I've put it off the last few days because of the conference. Also, I'll get out to exercise. I didn't yesterday - and the weather this weekend has been great.

QOTD: this is hard because I've been to several places I've loved and would go back to again - Japan, India, Turkey, France, Argentina, and Chile would all be on the list for sure - but I think probably Scotland because I was there for a family reunion, and I and two of my cousins (a third and a fourth - we met through DNA testing) went on a trip up to the northern coast (where our great grandparents were from) afterward. It was the most meaningful trip I've ever been on.

B: plain skyr with fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: salad with ham and light dressing

AS: protein muffin or hummus with baby carrots

D: maybe pulled pork (?)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/23 2:18 pm
RNY on 01/24/23

I love Scotland too! Wonderful people, had some great times there.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 3/5/23 8:06 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning weekend menuers!

Yep, I go through a process since I'm not one of the regular posters. And I assume someone will post while I'm typing on my mobile. Then it goes in circles and yeah, there goes the day! Thanks for posting.

QOTD - Going to go with most transformative since I like different trips for different reasons. There's so much diversity. So, my first international trip to Europe in 2006. I knocked a whole lot of things off my list, then. Getting on a plane, leaving the country, traveling with an almost complete stranger by various methods across Europe, taking a train...just all the things. Unfortunately for my mother, that was also the year Hostel came out, and it didn't help having a daughter that wanders with the wind. I made a lot of phone calls along the way to ease her mind.

So yesterday I went to shop for food prep and to pick up my Omeprazole. Yes, I was bopping around to Walmart radio while waiting in line but don't think that would stand out. I mean, have you seen people at Walmart? It is a good place to community people watch. Anyway, the pharmacy tech asked me how much weight I've lost. I was a bit floored that of the thousands of people she probably deals with, she knew me somehow. So of course, I asked her. She just said she sees it.

I also spent some time outside in the yard yesterday. We've gotten a lot of rain in the past few days and there's an improvement game I like to play afterward called "What can I find today?". I've met several people who have lived in this house including one guy who would have retired here had his wife been in better health. He told me when he bought the place ages ago it was pretty hoarded. Having been here going on 2.5 years, I believe it to a degree. Whenever it rains heavily, things surface out of the yard and pasture. Yesterday was a sparkplug, several container tops, some unidentified parts of dubious origin, and a ton of glass. I swear someone went around shattering tempered glass for fun. I've spent hours picking it up. I go out armed with yard twigs to dig things out because I never know what I'll find when the corner of something peeks out of the ground. That means today I have a job to finish since I turned up an unidentified thing in the pasture that requires a shovel. Kinda like a treasure hunt where I'm improving my space every time something gets removed. For funsies, the most interesting things I've found so far include the entire leg from a deer target, an 8 foot chain, four feet of folded rug that took hours to dig up, and the shattered pieces of pretty much an entire car grill. Convinced there's a whole disassembled car buried out there.

Also picked off my surgical glue yesterday since it was pretty much done after playing in the yard. The bigger one has gapping and a little hole that was filled with glue. Not sure what to think but everything stayed inside, so yay!

Accountability- feels like I ate everything yesterday. Didn't pay enough attention to hydration and I'm up 4 pounds, which of course isn't real.

Exercise - digging in the pasture. Maybe digging out the channel along the drive a bit but I doubt that. More recumbent bike.

Menu

Poached eggs on keto toast with turkey sausage, cajun parmesan tilapia with spinach, tuna salad on something. My teeth have been sore.

Off to go dig and then cook. Prepping ham and broccoli/cauliflower casserole, Italian sausage protein pasta (chickpea pasta!), garlic mushrooms, and maybe a protein-heavy pot of red beans again. I'm craving spicy.

Have a great day!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 135

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/23 2:09 pm
RNY on 01/24/23

How much are Nexium style drugs in the US? They are really cheap here (off script) and even cheaper if you have a script but I saw someone complain on tik tok how high the prices were?

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 3/6/23 2:03 am
WLS on 07/15/22

The one I'm prescribed is $15 per month. It's a higher dosage than I can get OTC, so cheaper this way. No name brand.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 135

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/23 2:28 pm
RNY on 01/24/23

Didn't check the weather for today (It's now Monday morning) and it's going to be 38 (or 100 degrees in US speak haha).

I really just like mild days, I hate anything that makes me sweat whilst doing normal things hahaha

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 233 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?