What's on your Monday Menu?

Maddymoe2
on 3/6/23 6:55 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone and happy Monday. I had a relaxing and productive weekend. This week is going to be busy, but I'm ready.

QOTD- I am a grudge holder. Once you hurt me or my kids, I'm done. I also find myself very guarded the older I get. I keep my circle small. I have had to set a lot of boundaries with toxic family members. I love them, but they cannot be a part of my life due to their choices.

My food plan for today is going to be light and simple. My pouch has not been happy. I am wondering if I may have GERD? I belch a lot if I drink coffee and I have a dull left side ache that comes and goes.

Protein shake

scrambled eggs

Not sure what else, depending on how I am feeling.

catwoman7
on 3/6/23 5:45 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

coffee can be really acidic (or not...), depending on the brand and how dark the roast is. Starbucks coffee, for example, turns my stomach into hamburger. But there are lower acid choices out there. Some are even marked low acid - but not all are marked, Sometimes you just have to try them to see. Dark roasts are often less acidic than light roasts, so if you have a choice and don't know the acid level, you're usually safe with a dark roast.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 3/6/23 7:21 am, edited 3/5/23 11:23 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Meneuers,

That weekend flew by. I did get to the chiropractor on Saturday, and he said it is my supraspinatus is the culprit of my pain. Said it is all inflamed and I need to do stretching and Ice it 2 x a day. I go back on Wednesday to see him again. He is supposedly one of the best shoulder chiropractors, so I am hopeful. I also saw Jesus Revolution yesterday and I only fell asleep for about 1 minute so that means I really liked it. I did not win at bingo in any way shape or form I lost all my money and I over indulged way to much.

QOTD: I used to. But now I try to evaluate their situation. Hurt people hurt people so I try to give grace. There are still a few I can't seem to shake.

Accountability: none. I ate every carb every piece of popcorn and I didn't exercise yesterday.

TSS: 5 years 2 month 23 days 163.4 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Twix Coffee Mate

MS: L&F Banana cream Greek yogurt. and berries.

CB: Coffee with SF Twix Coffee Mate

L: 1/2 slice meatloaf and chili, snack selects

D: Burnt Garlicky Braised Beef Shanks

Exercise: 1/2 hour of elliptical tonight.

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use Miralax and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great week my friends.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 3/6/23 7:45 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Did he say when you could expect some relief with the stretching and icing?

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 3/6/23 12:16 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you get some relief for your shoulder.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 3/6/23 7:19 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Ouch, I hope they can help with your shoulder! Like your reminder that hurt people hurt people. It's always something to keep in mind when interacting with strangers, for sure.

Also hope you're near the end of your marathon cooked beef dinners!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Mkess
on 3/6/23 7:25 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Monday,

My weekend was such a welcome respite from the daily chaos of the last few weeks. Chinatown was wonderful, as always, and spending time with a good friend is priceless.

QOTD - Totally still hold grudges but am working on it. Most recent example: Two of my friends, that I talk to daily, haven't been there during my current time of need. I'm so perturbed since I rarely ask for immediate support and have always been there for them. I will reevaluate the friendships once things calm down.

Accountability: I bought cookies to bring today to the club. I ate five late last night. Shame, shame, I know your name. Will leave in car next time.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: Chicken souvlaki.

D: Pulled pork & cherry tomatoes.

S: popcorn

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Melody P.
on 3/6/23 10:25 am - Amarillo, TX

When my best friend passed away I had some mutual friends be really ugly about me being so upset. They were one time acquaintances but I knew her for 20 or so years. It was really hurtful. I've also lost quite a few friends over this back issue combined with depression. I'm a lot lonelier but I feel safer. It is so hard when friends don't return at least a little bit of support.

Sheila_H
on 3/6/23 7:47 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

LOL, that meme and her face. I'm not a donut fan but if somebody brought in cookies I'm doomed.

I'm having a very happy Monday. DD arrived Sat night and I came home yesterday. This girl talks non stop, to the point I sometimes worry about her catching her breath. But I love listening to her; all her work related stuff, relationship stuff, friends stuff. We watched the last of us together and it was so cute when she would squeeze my hand or hide behind my shoulder for the scary scenes.

QOTD: it depends on the transgression. Some I forgive and forget, others especially if you hurt my kids feelings mama bear can't forgive and forget.

Accountability: yesterday on the way home I saw a Girl Scout cookie booth and stoped to buy a few knowing DD will be home. I bought her favorites: the thin mint, the PB Patty, and the lemonade one. I bought for myself the caramel delight one with the idea of having it last all week that DD is here. Yeah...that didn't happen. The cookies are ALL gone. And DD hasn't had one of her cookies yet. See the difference between us? I finished them up like there is no tomorrow while she wasn't "in the mood for cookies!" Sometimes I wonder if they switched her at the hospital.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee & Barebells bar
  • Home made broccoli soup with toasted bread
  • See accountability
  • Turkey and cheese
  • E: 4.5 miles wog on the treadmill (sometimes I see the wisdom in having a treadmill, especially when it's raining cats and dogs outside)

Happy start of the week!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Amy Liz
on 3/6/23 8:47 am
RNY on 11/21/16

At first I read that you ate all the cookies - including hers!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics