What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 3/8/23 9:44 am
WLS on 07/15/22

I remember the Jetsons. Always fun to compare shows that projected into the future...and then that time once we caught up. Why can't there be two i-Rosie's? My discount model is aptly named "corgi cleanup" since it helps to keep the tumble-fluffs at bay. So worth it.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 135

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Teenie
on 3/8/23 7:35 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

Yeah Wednesday. Sounds like you had a great day all in all yesterday. I tried Dunkins Egg bites a few weeks back and actually found them superior to Starbucks. By any chance did you have them? If so, what did you think?

I had an Inservice this morning on wound care dressings so that is why I am running a little late. Looks like my day will be slow here at work and I really do not want to complain because I really need to get to Aldi. My friends Niece age 42 had a stroke last week. Very scary. She has made great improvements and is being sent home today. I just felt compelled to make a meal for them so it is just one thing she will not have to worry about. I have a chiropractor appointment this evening so after that I will do the prep, I need to pull this meal off.

QOTD: My Paternal Grandmother was SMO. She had 8 brothers and sisters and they all had weight issues. My father was athletic large and overweight at times. Both of my brothers are obese. My mom has always been on the normal to thin side of things.

Accountability: I grazed dinner

TSS: 5 years 2 month 24 days 163.2 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Twix Coffee Mate

MS: L&F creme brulee Greek yogurt. and berries Tillamook sharp white cheddar

CB: Coffee with SF Twix Coffee Mate

L: Texas roadhouse chili, Tillamook sharp white cheddar, trail mix.

D: chicken thighs

Exercise: not today

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use Miralax and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Maddymoe2
on 3/8/23 7:54 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning and happy Wednesday. I'm grateful that I woke up this morning and it's not snowing. I am so ready for spring!

QOTD- In my immediate family, I am the only one that has struggled with weight. I remember when my husband told his father that he had asked me to marry him. His father replied, are you sure you want to marry a fat girl? I was devestated. My husbands response was that my weight was not an issue or any of my father in laws business. The odd thing is, my father in law and his wife were very obese people. He always had hurtful comments about my weight. I am thankful that he lived in Minnesota and I only had to see him maybe once a year. He has sinced passed away from obesity related health issues.

Ugh! that made me all emotional to write that. I guess the hurt and never feeling good enough is still there. I am enough though. I was looking back at my Renpho scale charts and for the past 2 years, my weight has been within a 5 lb flucation. I just need to get off the 25 is 2020 Covid gain. I will get there, one day at a time.

Food plan for today-

Lots of water! I did not get enough water in yesterday and my hands feel puffy. I am also going back to keep my menu simple and lots of protein. That's what I did when I was successful.

2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 c. cottage cheese

4 oz shredded chicken breast cooked in crockpot with salsa verde

Chobani no sugar yogurt

More chicken or possibly fish

No wine :)

Partlypollyanna
on 3/8/23 8:35 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Your FIL sounds like an asshat but your hubby is wonderful. I'm sorry you had to deal with jerks like him but glad you didn't live in the same town and have to deal with him every day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 3/8/23 10:00 am, edited 3/8/23 2:00 am
RNY on 03/24/21

What an Arsehole your FIL was! Terrible to say that to your DH about you, especially if he had weight issue to boot. If you have nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself. Some people have no filters or common sense.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Emiepie
on 3/8/23 6:21 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry you had to deal with a FIL like that.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 3/8/23 7:08 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

I'm sorry you had to deal with FIL in your life like that. It's sad how vicious some people can be.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 135

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 3/8/23 11:26 pm - Amarillo, TX

I'm so sorry your FIL was such an asshat. I often was ridiculed by family and it still hurts.

lmfontana4
on 3/8/23 9:29 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Hump Day!

QJB and Grim-How does an area support so many weed shops but not restaurants? However, maybe Dunkin Donuts is all you need when you have the munchies! Was there a specific type of wood Grim was searching for? What is the project? Sounds like a very nice relaxing day.

Today I have a hair appointment for color and cut. Then, DD wants to go to Victoria Secret for a pair of sweatpants. She has been on the lookout for a new pair but has not liked anything she has seen to date. Apparently, she went to VS yesterday, tried on the sweats and she liked them. I asked her how much but of course she didn't look at the price tag. Price is no problem when you are not paying for it! My children are spoiled. Today will be an off day for exercise. I was going to do weights but with the hair appointment then trip to the mall I can have a rest day. It is funny. I have gotten in the habit of working out 7 days a week and feel that I need to, but I think my body needs a rest day on occasion. This will force me to take the day off!

QOTD: I really like this question. My mom was overweight when I was younger but not to the point of obesity. More like she could stand to lose 30 pounds. She eventually joined a gym and lost weight, was thin for many years (she has regained much since she is very sedentary). My dad has always been health conscious with working out regularly. Both my sisters have maintained their weight well. So, I am the outlier (even with extended family). I was a chubby kid growing up since I liked my ice cream and brownies (this was breakfast or Poptart's since I didn't like cereal). In HS I started working out and lost weight. When I started dating DH we developed some poor eating behaviors over the years, many yo-yo diets. etc.

Accountability: Got back on track yesterday. The popcorn was calling me, but I resisted hard!

Same meals

No exercise today.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 3/8/23 10:19 am, edited 3/8/23 3:33 am
RNY on 06/03/15

although i don't know about weed shops in general, and although substance abuse occurs in all socioeconomic classes, it's definitely more prevalent in poverty-stricken communities. I think West Virginia, for example, has the highest opioid abuse rate in the country. Few jobs in some of these places, so unemployment and poverty rates are high - so you have a lot of people who are depressed and feel hopeless about their futures. There's a book I read a couple of years ago (title escapes me) by a guy who grew up in rural Oregon. He's not old - maybe 50s? Most of his high schools pals are dead - many of substance abuse. Very sad.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views