What's on your Thursday Menu?

White Dove
on 3/10/23 9:17 am - Warren, OH

I think I live a whole other life when I am asleep at night. I remember very little, but know there are people and places where I am constantly. Many times I am in my childhood home with all my siblings but they are all the ages that they are now.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 3/9/23 7:29 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Hope all goes well with the surgeon and insurance approval today.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 3/9/23 12:29 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

You're speeding right along! Feels like April is almost here.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 3/9/23 6:04 am - Warren, OH

I do a lot of ordering of groceries and restaurant food and the delivery people often have phones from different area codes and the calls are legitimate. If I end up getting a call from someone selling something, I hang up and block the number.

Maddymoe2
on 3/9/23 6:05 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning. I am sitting here in denial that I need to be to work in an hour and 10 minutes and I still need to shower and drive there. Today is going to be a good day with a hair appointment afterward.

QOTD- I don't answer the phone unless it's someone that I know. I still have a landline too. I have in the past answered the phone and it's some aunt that used to be married to my uncle that I get stuck on the phone with.

Also, funny story about not answering the phone. Over Christmas break, my work closes for 2 weeks. I manage a meal site for Senior Citizens. One of them called me and I didn't answer the phone because I was in the shower. A bit later, my husband informed me that there was an old man standing in our yard trying to figure out how to get to my front door in the snow. I opened the door and asked him how I could help him. He said that he really needed to talk to me, but I didn't answer the phone. I can't believe he showed up at my house! Boundaries are a beautiful thing and not something seniors understand. Needless to say, after we reopened in January, I asked that I not be called at home and to please not show up at my house.

Accountability- Good

Food plan for the day-

Cold brew with vanilla protein shake

2 boiled eggs

Reds breakfast sandwich

Grilled chicken salad with Olive Garden light dressing

Walk with hubby this evening, vitamins always

Have a great day. It's almost Friday

White Dove
on 3/9/23 6:15 am - Warren, OH

I finally got rid of the landline phone last fall. It makes my home so much more peaceful. It was always ringing with telemarketers and people that I really do not need to hear from anymore. There are tons of lonely people who use their telephone to try to get companionship and they can take a real toll on nerves.

Sheila_H
on 3/9/23 8:28 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

It is also concerning that he knew where you lived.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Mkess
on 3/9/23 6:11 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Thursday,

We're almost to the weekend!

QOTD - I answer calls as long as it's an Illinois area code and they don't start with my prefix.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: brisket chili.

D: grilled chicken, basil, fresh mozz, balsamic reduction.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Teenie
on 3/9/23 7:41 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

On a trip to Costa Rica our plane was delayed for over and hour. By the time we hit Charlote we missed our connecting flight due to long lines in customs. I knew I had a cousin that lived there so I got his number from his mom to see if he could help because we needed to spend the night and there were no hotels due to some big convention in town. My first call went unanswered. After he looked at the number and realized it was from someone in Pittsburgh number, he figured he should call back in case there was a problem with his mom and dad. I was so lucky he called back. He picked us up and we were able to spend the night get a shower and he drove us back to the airport in the morning. We heard nightmare stories from people who were stuck in the airport or at really seedy hotels.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Mkess
on 3/9/23 8:43 am
VSG on 08/09/21

So glad you were able to connect with your cousin and have a welcoming situation for the evening. I will answer any #s when I travel.

Also, I do receive calls from strangers looking for help. I regularly take phones for the Chicago AA central office for a few hours. Sometimes it's no calls for days and some days I can't get off the phone.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 521 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 260 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics