What's on your Thursday Menu?

Theduffman27
on 3/9/23 6:28 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning JB and Menu Friends.

Great Meme...LOL

Corn beef recipe we use is simple one, usually substitute turnip in place of Potatoes, Cabbage, Carrots, use a few cans of Guiness and packet of seasoning that is packaged with the corn beef, usually cook in crock pot on low overnight and then turn it to warm in the am until we eat in the evening.

Smoked beef brisket, I have tried a few times with mixed success, I think I am batting .333...LOL. I purchased at 3 different places, and really feel that the cut you receive makes the difference. The winner was when I cooked it for 16 + hours, low and slow, smoke the first 4 hours. I then pulled it out of the smoker, and let it sit in a cooler for an hour or so. Was mouthwatering.

QOTD - I do not answer, MIL does not show up on my phone...I tell her if she has her number blocked, I dont answer,,,haha

B - Protein Bar

S - 2 good yogurt

L - Salad

AS - Celery and laughing cow

D - leftover enchilada bake

E - 10,000 steps

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Teenie
on 3/9/23 7:04 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Hope all is well with everybody no matter where you are in life today. I got nothing fun or exciting going on today. Just dropping off a dinner for my friend's niece and that is about it. Weather is turning to cold around here. I woke up to 28° and were supposed to see a mix of rain and snow tomorrow. I am ready for spring but can't complain too much because we have got less the 2" of snow this winter.

My chiropractor appointment went well. He said he has already seen improvement and expects this to take about 4 weeks till it is better.

QOTD: Never

Accountability: I did good

TSS: 5 years 2 month 25 days 162.2 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Twix Coffee Mate

MS: Two Good mixed berry Greek yogurt. and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Twix Coffee Mate

L: Burnt braised garlic beef shank and protein snack select.

D: Probably Burnt braised garlic beef shank or Braunschweiger,

Exercise: not today

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use Miralax and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Julia S.
on 3/9/23 7:44 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I'll answer and if it's a spam caller I block them. I get calls for work so I can't not answer. I have so many blocked numbers.

I've been having issues with my new "smart thermostat" well it turns out it isn't smart and it only works about half of the time. It was just installed with my new furnace & a/c in November so no excuses. I called in on Monday and the guy finally came yesterday, of course about 30 minutes before I needed to leave for my hair appointment. The repair guy said that the furnace is smarter than the thermostat. It has way more functions and they have been told that they shouldn't be using my thermostat with my furnace. Nice to know, so he put in another one and already it isn't working. What a pain, I'm not sure what to do. I hate not having it follow the schedule and not getting warmer when I turn it up. For the amount of money I paid for the system it should work right.

It snowed again yesterday, I am thoroughly sick of this. It didn't stick but it supposed to be spring. I have one brave little crocus that is trying to open up. The rest haven't attempted it.

Have a great day everyone! Hopefully Spring is coming...soon!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Sheila_H
on 3/9/23 8:09 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

LOL at the meme. Jen, I'm with you, I kept coming up with medical excuses why I'm fat. But none of them panned out. At one point the Dr told me I'm the healthiest fat person he knew; no high cholesterol, hb pressure or anything else. In other words, get with the program eat less and move more.

If you have checked the news and weather we'll be in the eye of several storms with flood advisory up and down the coast. It's supposed to rain all the way through next Thu. I'm just hoping for power to stay on, everything in this house is electric.

QOTD: no unless I'm close to an event and I get calls from the venue. If the number looks too fishy I let it go to vm, but I do listen to my vmails.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • With DD we experimented and made Buffalo cauliflower. Not a complete success but now I know what to do next time.
  • PP pudding, protein puff
  • Meatloaf with roasted potatoes (I skipped the potatoes)
  • E: cardio + weight

Happy jr Fri-yay!

PS - no recipe for brisket, sorry.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Greateight
on 3/9/23 8:28 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Sheila, on yesterday's question, did you find it easier to control your weight when you were in Italy. I hear a lot of our inbound expat colleagues say that they need to go back to Europe or UK to get their weight down.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Sheila_H
on 3/9/23 8:47 am, edited 3/9/23 12:47 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Absolutely. I always lose weight when I go back home. Portions are much smaller and I walk everywhere.

Also, being a sweet tooth person when I lived in Italy we didn't have the bounty that is here. I never bought a pint of icecream and put it in the freezer the way I did here. I would walk to a gelateria and buy a cone. I never had an Oreo before coming here, once I had one the whole box became one serving. The lifestyle was very different. And once here I used food as my coping mechanism.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 3/9/23 12:36 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Fingers crossed on you keeping power!

I made a lot of excuses about being big. I also had partners and family who would try to tell me I wasn't fat. I mean...upwards of 250 pounds at my height...I knew I was. That used to drive me nuts!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Emiepie
on 3/9/23 8:21 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Friday-Eve! I put my brisket in my instant pot with seasonings and let it slow cook which makes shredded beef but John will smoke it sometimes which is yummy too. Not too much planned today except John's follow up with his surgeon and I should make a grocery store run.

QOTD: Nope, I only answer from numbers I recognize.

Menu

TSS: 8 years 5 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: P3 pack, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: Greek yogurt

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 3/9/23 8:35 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Enjoy your couple of days break from work!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 3/9/23 9:50 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Thank you!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views