Happy Sunday! What is on your menu?

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/15/23 8:42 am

That's about right - 2 months post op RNY your nerves are healing - and suddenly you feel more restrictions than before that.
I had that happened to me app 2 months after my surgery - I would get full - up to uncomfortably full on much less than before.

Now, almost 15 years post op - depends what I eat, at what time of the day, etc. I still can get full after a few bites. It's great and horrible at the same time. Great - because i don't overeat, horrible when I'm hungry and the food is great but my pouch gives me a signal "we are done". And if I dare to ignore it - I pay for it.

BTW: Keith, my partner, can identify when I get full but hungry - apparently "I stare at the almost full plate and sigh...and my face doesn't have a happy smile...".

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/23 8:17 pm
RNY on 01/24/23

I had a long term RYN tell me the other day that they have no restricton now and I was very confused - even a normal stomach has restriction hahaha

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/16/23 2:07 am

For me personally - when I'm on keto type diet, and eat dense proteins and even a few bites of veggies - my restrictions is really great.

When I was on "whatever diet" including bread, pasta, sweets - I almost had no restriction. I could eat a large sandwich, wait a little bit and ate another. Or a burger with fries. and follow up with some ice cream. As if the carbs/sugar in my diet and insulin made my pouch very elastic - almost bottomless.

But 2 -3 days on a clean keto diet - and i can eat a burger (no bun) and maybe a few fries.. maybe 5-6. Most of the time - I would eat 3-4 fries with a burger and be full. Or a couple of slices of pickles. with burger If I had pickles - no fries.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/23 3:48 am
RNY on 01/24/23

How interesting!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?