Happy Sunday! What is on your menu?

(deactivated member)
on 3/12/23 3:23 am, edited 3/12/23 3:30 am
RNY on 01/24/23

Hello all

I have had a roller coaster day but not bad I guess. Not looking forward to work this week but whatever!

QOTD: other than your own home city, what is your favourite city in the world? (Can be via visiting, fantasy or whatever) Mine is New York (specifically Manhattan) glorious place, feels like a movie set, progressive, has everything in the world. Just glorious. I have been to NY a few times now and just love it!

Standard setup for food today, heavy restriction which is annoying but what can ya do!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 3/12/23 6:26 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning weekend menuers!

I hope one day soon we'll stop flipping time around. Probably safer not to hold my breath, though!

I'd wager most people aren't looking forward to work. What do you do?

Turns out I need to take a step back a bit with the core exercise stuff. It's been a month but apparently this still needs some more healing as there's some pain and pulling today. I'll wait.

I'm trying to convince myself that in addition to the cooking and house stuff, I should work through one of my burn piles today since it's nice weather. Not sure how successful my inner monologue will be with it. Kinda hoping, but managing it does eat into the day pretty significantly since this is one I can't see from the house. Hmm. Might have just talked myself into it.

QOTD- I am not a city person by any means. I am, however, a foodie, student of history, and lover of art and sciences. So...let's go with Florence, Italy through that lens. My lungs wouldn't agree based on the narrow streets, high buildings, and ample smog but I loved all of the food and history and museums.

Accountability- Nothing to report. Got batteries, though!

Exercise - Back to recumbent bike for now, but hopefully layering the yard work and cleaning.

Menu - A nice oolong tea, ratio yogurt, the rest will depend on the cadence for cooking. Clam chowder and Thai-ish chicken, maybe.

Cheers, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 3/12/23 7:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Sunday! yesterday was an excellent day, the time with friends was as fun as I expected and the play was very good!

Today I need to run to Whole Foods and pick up the fruit tarts for the Oscar party and then there's the Oscar party, probably a few random things around the house too.

QOTD - Istanbul is my favorite city but I usually find something I enjoy any place I visit. There is an energy in NYC that's not like anywhere else though so I know what you mean.

menu today

coffee plus half and half x 2

English muffin with an egg

the protein options at the Oscar party plus a individual fruit tart

Have a great day everyone!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 3/12/23 7:28 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Looking forward to work means you are feeling better! I had the laziest day yesterday. Other than walking the dogs and running to the store I was 'ass in recliner' all day, watching TV, napping and still managed to sleep all night + until 6am - glorious!! Today is all the things I didn't do yesterday and prep for the week. If the kiddo comes over - weather permitting, then probably more grocery shopping. Rob is wrapping up his old job and has been working all weekend. He starts his new job this Friday, weird day to start a new job, right?

QOTD - I would love a walkable city and NYC is on top of the list then Paris - but seriously I have not travelled anywhere other than the US so what do I know?

Accountability - BBQ flavor Quest chips - they were good!

b- coffee, eggs and cottage cheese

l - chili dog w/cheese no bun

d - leftover pizza toppings

s- protein bar

Have a great day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

lmfontana4
on 3/12/23 8:31 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Spring Forward Day!

I saw on the news that if we didn't do day light savings it would be 9am in the winter before the sun would rise. I do enjoy the longer later days of sunlight in the summer. However, not so much the short days. I actually slept in to the alarm at 7am this morning. Today is just Inferno Pilates and meal prep for the week.

QOTD: use to be Los Angeles because of all the activities but it has been a few years since I visited. So many people now say it is a cesspool of homelessness and crime. Loved NYC when I visited. Favorite vacay spots are warm beachy places like Hawaii.

Accountability: excellent

same meals

E: 60 minutes inferno pilates

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 3/12/23 9:03 am
RNY on 06/03/15

there was a year back in the early or mid-1970s when Congress decided we'd stay on daylight saving time all year long (i.e, "summer time"). The problem was, it didn't get light in the winter until around 9:00 am, so kids were walking to school with flashlights. People hated it so the idea was scrapped - the next year we went back to changing times, even though originally the idea was to stay on one time all year and not deal with this crazy changing. If they decided to go with only one time for the whole year, standard time (i.e. winter time) would be a better option, although people also love it being light later at night in the summer. So....??? I don't know that there's a good solution for this. At least it just takes a few days to get used to the new time.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 3/12/23 1:18 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

CNN has a widget that you can give your location and things like when you leave home or when you get home and it will tell you the actual impact. It was fun to play with.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 3/12/23 8:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Well I ate too much last night at the Hindu wedding part 2, and I danced for at least an hour, which was sort of a stupid idea since I had a wart burned off my heel on Friday. It's about 10x worse this morning than it was yesterday before the party. Hopefully it'll be better this afternoon, because my mother has been pestering me to come over for the last couple of days, and I also want to go see the sister of my friend who died three weeks ago, because I was planning to go over yesterday but never made it. She was originally going to go back home today to Washington DC, but it's postponed until Wednesday, Not sure if it's because of the snow or if she didn't get everything done over at the condo that she'd hoped to. But her partner will be flying out here and they'll drive back to DC together in Bob's SUV - so at least now she'll have someone to help with driving. We drove back from Boston once and it was torture - it's probably about the same distance to DC.

other than that, I have GOT to get some Web work done for one of my organizations, and get some confirmations for two upcoming lectures I arranged for another organization. I've been majorly slacking on this, but now I really need to get on it.

QOTD: well my short list would include Montreal, Boston, New York, Buenos Aires, London, Paris, Istanbul, Cape Town, and Shanghai - although there are so many cities I haven't been to yet (including A LOT Of European cities that I really want to go to!). I loved all of them so I can't really pick a favorite, but if I could only go back to one of them, I think I'd pick Istanbul. There are so many interesting things to see and do there, and I felt like we didn't have nearly enough time (partly because we spent a few of the days staying with a friend's family on the outskirts of the city, which is a mixed bag - it's really interesting to see a place as the natives see it, to get an idea of how someone who lives there might live from day-to-day, and going to places that tourists generally don't go to, but then, you're kind of stuck doing things according to their schedule, and if they live far from public transportation (like they do), you can't really leave for a day to do things on your own, and see things you might want to see that they don't. We did stay in hotel near the city center for three or four days afterward and DID get to see some of those things, but like is true in New York, you can't possibly see everything you want to in Istanbul in three or four days. You need at least a week.

I need to really watch what I eat today and the rest of this week, because there are three "eating events" on my calendar - cripes. This could be dangerous if I'm not super careful.

B: skyr with fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: hummus sandwich with tomato and cucumber slices

AS: protein muffin

D: small piece of spinach kugel, 2 oz of ham

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/13/23 4:24 pm

what do you mean "heavy restrictions" ?

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/23 4:58 pm
RNY on 01/24/23

Just was full quicker than I was used to at each meal.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 9 views
Recent Topics