What's on your Monday Menu?

lmfontana4
on 3/13/23 8:41 am
RNY on 03/24/21

QJB- I can't believe you're 1/2 way through your MBA already! That is exciting. I am crossing my fingers that your class doesn't get canceled.

off today but may do a few things from home. I have my GI consult for the elevated liver enzymes on Wednesday. I was surprised they got me in so fast.

the Bariatric Support group asked me to talk about incorporating family into meal planning or rather how cook or to modify the families diet to match the WLS patients. I will do this at the June meeting. I think I will also talk about the Refuse to Regain book. I really like the message and techniques in it. I think it is so EO to know the statistics on weight regain and what needs to be done to prevent it. So many people don't think that far ahead. It is daily work and diligence for sure as you all know.

QOTD: can't think of anything. I guess I need to get busy!

Accountability: good!

same salads and snacks planned for today. Do so love my yummy salads

E: 60 minutes inferno pilates with weights and bands, back, rear delta and biceps weights

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Julia S.
on 3/13/23 8:43 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I guess moving to Maui was on my bucket list, even though I moved back.

Uneventful weekend, I worked Saturday because I was sick on Friday. So I got most of my 40 in this week. I also finished my taxes and had to pay the feds and the state of Oregon but will get money back from Hawaii. So much for having my credit cards paid off. I didn't have the money so ended up paying the feds with my credit card. Plus another Costco run, not as expensive as last time but still over $400, Glenn will give me some of the money for that so it won't be that bad. So tired of being broke, but I'm really not interested in working 2 jobs. So I'll have to figure something out.

I hate the time change, Hawaii doesn't change so there was that. The state of OR,WA & CA have tried to stay on daylight savings year round but need congress to approve it, so you know how that goes. To me it doesn't really matter what the clock says there is only so much daylight, winters it is dark and summers the days seem to last forever.

I need to get back to work.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/13/23 12:28 pm

Good afternoon. I'm running on empty. Last week I spent in California, mostly business, with a couple of days just Keith and I.

Coming home is nice, but brutal with the time change. The 3 hrs time difference plus the 1 hour summer time, put me 4 hrs behind in SC. I couldn't fall asleep last night and slept maybe 2-3 hrs. The night before, Saturday, our flight from San Diego was delayed, so we missed the connection. By the time we were at the hotel, it was 1 am, and we had to be up at 6:30 to get to the airport to catch the flight going home.

Cats were happy we are back. Dewey was either around me or Keith. If i sat down he would jump on my lap and do the biscuits while pouring like crazy. It's good to be missed lol.

QOTD: Have you crossed off any bucket list items recently? - last year, I always wanted to go to Prague and we did that in September 2022. is taht recent enough.

I was in San Diego for business, conference + meetings. At the same time I used that trip to sleep. I skipped a few business functions and either bailed out on breakfast or dinner/outing. I had a few days I slept 10+ hrs. I was really tired after the 3 last weeks before the trip working on finishing the company accounting review to give to a professional accountant. Ugh.

The diet plus wine, plus sleeping more, and more relaxed time... and I came home losing 2 lbs. Keith told me he found one of them. Finally my body is starting "release the grease" action. Let's hope. Also, this is my second month on thyroid hormones (for hypothyroid) so maybe I can get back to my preferred weight in 2-3 months.

Today eats:

IF until 4 pm.

coffee, more coffee and tea.

Late L: ??? not sure but maybe some chicken and avocado, plus pickles?

D: something with eggs. So either scrambled or omelet.

S: cheese.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Grim_Traveller
on 3/13/23 3:31 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

It's nice to see you back. Extra cat love is always a good thing.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 3/13/23 6:48 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Welcome home!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 426 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 376 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 231 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics