Amy Liz
on 3/18/23 9:36 am
RNY on 11/21/16

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 3/18/23 11:26 am
WLS on 07/15/22

I definitely second the mattress topper. I have a 4 inch one on my bed and it's granted second life to my mattress, and hips. Hope you enjoy yours!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 135

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 3/18/23 7:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I did OK at the party last night until it came to the dessert table. I only had two - but wow are those things calorie-laden. I need to watch it this weekend. Luckily my grasshopper pie was completely devoured, every last crumb, so no worries about having the remainder lying around here (although DH would have eaten it if that were the case, as I'm not a huge fan of such things). It was the hit of the evening. So many compliments. So funny because I usually come up with some interesting, offbeat item to bring to these things - or else something not-so-offbeat, yet from a recipe that appeared in some high-falutin cooking site or magazine, like some fantastic oat/cranberry bars I made once, and they only get half eaten. But this pie sounded like something straight out of the 1950s (found it online - I just wanted some super easy, no-bake item) - something I would otherwise never make - made from Oreos, whipped cream, cream cheese, sugar, mini chocolate chips and chopped Andes mints - and people go nuts. Hmmm. Well, now I know. This is definitely not the gourmet-type crowd.

today would have been my late father's birthday, and every year since he passed, we've been going out for reuben sandwiches on this day, since they were one of his favorite foods, and it's right after St. Patrick's Day (not sure if reubens are a big thing in Ireland, but corned beef is). I wasn't planning to do it this year since my sister and her husband no longer live here, and reubens aren't a part of my life anymore (except on Dad's b-day), but my mom brought it up again the other day, wondering where we were going to go for reubens this year. So...I guess it's on. Besides that, I'll be reading all weekend. Book discussion group on Monday morning.

QOTD: in the summer we were outside pretty much from sun up to sun down - biking, playing hide & seek (although that was usually after dark), just general running around (sad how a lot of kids don't do this anymore!). In colder weather - hmmm....I remember liking Millbournes, Monopoly, Yahtzee - I guess of those I liked Yahtzee the *******so used to love Trivial Pursuit, but I wasn't a kid when that came out - I was in my mid-20s - so that wouldn't count here.

B: skyr with compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: salad with diced ham and light dressing

AS: L&F yogurt or protein muffin

D: reuben (??)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 3/18/23 11:29 am
WLS on 07/15/22

I would appreciate your unique recipes. :) The story that comes with what makes them interesting is great, too!

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/18/23 9:48 am, edited 3/18/23 11:03 am

Morning. Something was in the air, because I also woke up around 2am. At 3 I decided to use liquid medicine (bourbon). A small shot and I was out. But it didn't do well for me knees. They are pissed off, burning- arthritis. O well...

I do have a mild cold, plus allergies to pollen in SC. I'm still better that when I was in California. In California I had to take 2 allergy pills, and use Flonase 2 z day. My nose was just dripping. Not sure what was in the air I was allergic to.

QOTD : we were out a lot, and even at home - I was constantly reading books. I started reading at 5-6 year old. My sister was 2 yea4s older than me and like a pest - I had to do what she was doing. I'm still read a lot, but these days it's mostly listening to audiobooks. Got so much books to read /listen to that I need to live at least 100 more years to do them all.

Accoutability: shot of bourbon. Ugh.

Yesterday I was feeling better, so I actually ate some foods. I had some cheese whisps around 3 pm, then corned beef with sauté spinach and zucchini. Good food.

Keith got that with added mashed potatoes and blistered Brussel sprouts.

Today food and activities

My normal routine- coffee, tea, water

L: plan to have it late, and probably will have a Ceasar salad with some chicken breast.

D: corned beef and some sautéed veggies

S: cheese.. maybe an apple...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 3/18/23 11:35 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Oh man, spring pollen season. I remember the point where I learned that it's never the drifts of yellow pollen that are causing issues since that pollen is too big. It's just a great visual reminder of what's to come. Hope it isn't too bad. I learned about four season allergies when I moved states. Ah, geographic joy!

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/20/23 9:29 am

The yellow pollen in SC is one of the pollen causing issues. It spine plus other craps that grows in the South. The bigger pollen gets attached to the mucus that the small pollen is causing. Some people have it worse than others. I'm in a middle.
I also don't know anyone who is not affected by it in here. When i moved here in 95 - I ended with 2 sins infections since i did not know what to do for my system.

The only year I had some break from it when I was on a vegan diet, and fasting 3 of every 7 days.

Now I try to limit foods that increase my mucus production and any other stuff I'm allergic to. (i.e. cheese, or anything grains with cheese).

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/18/23 6:02 pm

Crap. My cat , Dewey, likes the corned beef. Ugh.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 456 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 464 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 418 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Forum Search Error & 404