What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 3/21/23 7:27 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I am now a huge fan of weekday evening weddings! I am home and in my pjs and it's not even 830. Best wedding ever, lol

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 3/22/23 5:21 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I am sure it also cuts down on costs quite a bit.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 3/21/23 6:54 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Hope you get rid of the sluggish today. Good luck with your papers.

Ok so there is a learning curve with this dog. I have always used a shock collar on my previous dogs, but Ron is absolutely against it. I said OK then you train him. I will walk him, pick up poop, whatever but you have to train him. I saw there is a Master Class with Brandon McMillan from Lucky dog we can get free for 30 days, so we are starting there. He just needs a little polishing. I think he was out in the wild on his own a bit so he's a little rough around the edges but seeing improvement every day. And he is great on the lease and a good walking partner, so he has me moving.

We got through 2 more episodes of Ted Lasso. Anybody else find this show as compelling as I do? I cannot quit.

I need to run to Aldi at lunch today, so I am hoping it is a little slower day today than yesterday.

QOTD: I got out of bed and walked the dog. I also have been very diligent with my arm stretches so I can heal this rotator cuff that has been giving me problems.

Accountability: Just a little Trail Mix.

TSS: 5 years 3 month 10 days 162 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF ID Friends creamer

MS: Creme Brule Greek yogurt. and berries

CB: Coffee with SF ID friends' creamer

L: chicken salad snack selects.

D: Bunless cheeseburger and bacon

Exercise: Dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use Miralax and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 3/21/23 7:12 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I watched the first season of Ted Lasso and enjoyed it but haven't gone back for season 2 (or season 3 now). It is a nice show and we need more nice in the world.

I'm on team Ron re: shock collars and I hope that the training plan works. I do know a lot of people that have taken their dogs to training sessions at PetSmart if that's a secondary option.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 3/21/23 9:02 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Teenie, I understand the reluctance with shock collars. A step down, and what we have always used during training, is a prong collar. Those prongs have a dull point and don't hurt but get the attention of the dog.

I don't think this program is still running but you might get the old shows on some channels: Caesar Milan. His motto was "I rehabilitate dogs; I train people." We followed him and his rules religiously.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/21/23 7:15 am

LoL the meme. Due to SIBO and Candida- I developed leaky gut and started getting allergies to more and more foods. It got insane. But I wasn't vegan. So I could eat meat.

But I was allergic to soy, dairy, corn, sensitive to grains...

In one restaurant they served me grilled chicken breast. Grilled without any fat, or spices. Because all fats they have were mixed with soy oil. And spices have stuff in them I couldn't eat. This was the most pitiful meal I ever had. Even their mustard had stuff I couldn't have. I ate 2 small pieces. Took the rest home. After that I started doing my own research to determine what the heck was going on. Then, once I had my suspicions, I found a great gastro doc (he was a third I saw - the other 2 were useless) who helped me to sort healing my gut. 7 years later - last December, allergy testing showed "0" (ZERO) foods or stuff I was allergic to.

I still have SIBO and Candida, but I'm much better at managing it. I no longerneed my epi pen for severe food allergies. I still get reaction to some foods - sensitivities, and I know what to avoid, or limit drastically.

Anyway.. life goes on.

Accountability: ugh... 2 glasses of wine. I do need to stop drinking. I woke up so congested today - probably reaction to wine.too much histammine.

QOTD: I need to stretch and self align my SI joints. UGH. Plus stop drinking alcohol

Today:

Coffee, more Coffee, decongestant, more coffee. Tea and water. Electrolytes

L: meh... some proteins (meat) and ????

D: ??? Same as lunch with different proteins

I'm so congested that the idea of food gives me mild nausea. I probably need more cortisone. Ugh. "Double cortisone on sick days" says on a bottle. Ugh.

P.S. I'm on supplemental cortisone for adrenal insufficiency. I judge if I took enough or too much on how I feel about food and people. If it's "o hell no food" by 11 am, then i have to take same dose as first thing am. If its "ugh, don't feel like eating " - I probably need at least 1/2 of an original dose. If I'm OK to eat, I'm good. If I'm STARVING by 10 am, I need to cut my tomorrow morning dose by 30. If im STARVING AND RAGING LUNATIC - i need to cut my dose by 50% next morning. Fun life. (By the way, my pituitary works part time, I never know when it decides to work, or when it doesn't. When it works, it makes the adrenal glands to produce steroids. But when it's lazy, it just gives up on me. My morning cortisone level can be 2 or 14. 2 is "you-may-die low " where 14 is " low normal for the early time").

See people? You learned something you really didn't need to know. Scatter brain is another of my "need more steroids" signal.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 3/21/23 8:12 am, edited 3/21/23 1:52 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Hala, it seems that managing through the day is both an art and a science with the challenges your body and systems throw at you. I can only imagine trying to deal with all the doctors about those conditions and the conclusions they must jump to over the years.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 135

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/21/23 9:55 am

I can only imagine trying to deal with all the doctors about those conditions and the conclusions they must jump to over the years.

Yea, it was a challenge for a while. But I'm very selective about doctors. If they are useless to me - they get eliminated from the list of my doctors. Some, that I met, I liberally put on my "educated moron list". Others - less dangerous, I just ignore.

I have a great gastro doctor, great endocrinologist, great PM doctor. I have an OK family doc. The doc herself is OK, but the her team is great. If I really need same day help - I get it. I.e. woke up with Covid one day - they were very very attentive; got bunged up when on a trip - got appointments for xray the day I was back at home (I wanted to make sure I did not fracture bones - at my age, that could be problematic) and so on. Because my PM doc prescribes Pain meds for me - even when i my hip was severely swollen, and started getting the black-blue tint - and I was liming - I would first assure them that I don't need pain meds or anything else, just to make sure my hip bone or my toes are not fractured. Almost immediately the doc who saw me relaxed ... and happily ordered the x-rays. Same when I had the covid. I did not want any pain meds since I had them. BTW: when I had my first Covid - I couldn't breathe, talk, and everything was hurting. Like everything. My second covid - I just couldn't breathe or talk.

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lmfontana4
on 3/22/23 9:16 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I had the first of 3 series Hepatitis B vaccine on Monday. Other than an initial feeling of being punched in the shoulder when the vaccine was injected, no side-effects to date. I rarely (if ever) have any reactions from being vaccinated other then the usual injection site soreness for a few days.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/22/23 9:34 am

Thank you. I often get increased inflammation in my body with any vaccine. My joints often hate me.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 445 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404