What's on your Sunday, April 2nd menu?

Melody P.
on 4/2/23 4:07 am - Amarillo, TX

hope that doesn't offend anyone but it made me cackle like the good witch I am...lol

Today is my niece Rachel's 12th birthday. She wanted an apple pie so I made it last night with a bit of help from my mom(she helped by cutting up the apples which I so so appreciate!). I'm going to make brownies for the other folks that don't like apple pie. The pie filling was so so soooooo good. I think she'll love it. It's a Dutch apple pie. I got her some silly stuff, a serious thing and made her a necklace to put a fossilized ammonite on. The serious thing is an electric razor for her legs. Her parents won't get her one and I didn't want to get her a sharp razor. We asked before buying it if it'd be ok. My SIL doesn't want her kids to grow up...she asked me for one so I did the best I could.

The plan for the day is her party at the park she likes most. Get that area decorated a bit.

QOTD: what was your most notable birthday? Could be a milestone one or one that you just remember the most.

I'm not a huge fan of my birthday. I think it's because no one made a big deal about it. I only ever had family bday parties...if I had one. I'm not complaining. The worst birthday I had was at Golden Corral. I must've been 11 or 12. They told the staff it was such and they sang for me and gave us a cake. It really set off my social anxiety issues and my wish to melt into the walls and not be noticed LOL. My favorite birthday is one that was snowed in. I've had a few birthdays that people seemed to forget...at least for part of the day that it was my bday. I much prefer other people's bday. Ha...anytime!

B: oatmeal and coffee

L: haven't decided yet

D: nor for this one either

S: cheese, lunch meat and maybe a bit or two of apple pie...I know the filling was killer!

Melody P.
on 4/2/23 4:09 am - Amarillo, TX

Forgot to add the waiters made me stand up in the chair.

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/23 4:16 am
RNY on 01/24/23

Hello Melody and all

Have had an ok day so far which is nice.

QOTD: 18 because you can drink legally (well in most countries other than the US lol) and I remember 30 well because it seemed so life changing at the time and it makes me laugh now, I was still a baby.

Food: my standards, I'll need to add some New stuff I think.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend all!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/2/23 5:26 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

Mel, I hope your niece appreciates having an aunt like you. Homemade pies, jewelry, and helping provide the things she'll need as she grows up is a big deal. Your sister is going to be in a tough place soon if she doesn't want her kids to become who they're going to be!

QOTD- With the whole growing up poor thing there weren't parties but we had a homemade cake every year. I did ask if some friends could come over one year and we didn't decorate or anything. There were games from home items and a sleepover. As an adult, my birthday matters to me as a celebration of still being here and waking up every day. I decided to celebrate my 40th in Hawaii and had some amazing adventures on that trip. I invited my mother and stepfather, who both came and also experienced a ton of new things.

I went to bed early and slept in today. Feels good just lying out sometimes! I'll get up for real shortly and kick off the day. Just my cooking and cleaning checklist outside of picking up the dogs this morning. Looking at some kind of grits or other complex carb item to complement.

Accountability- I got a whipped cheesecake dessert cup at Walmart yesterday because it's easy to eat.

Exercise- Nope

Menu- Protein shake x2, Ratio yogurt x2, protein oatmeal x2. Thinking about what else I can make for a good balance for the week.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Amy Liz
on 4/2/23 6:38 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I hope the party is great. Yesterday was a gorgeous sunny day - perfect for the beach ahhh I needed that. Robs alma mater - SDSU/Aztecs won the game yesterday and will move on to the Championship game tomorrow (v UConn)- yay! Great game. Today we are taking the dogs to the park for a walk, kiddo is coming over and who knows what else.

QOTD - Probably 21 - bar hopping with friends. From what I remember it was an absolute blast! I'm having flash backs right now, haha. 40 and 50 were great also.

Accountability - Good, I wanted to eat all day long - like jonesin' for food. I'm allowed veggies so I snacked on cucumbers, a tomato and pickle chips which are nothing, but I felt so guilty.

B- coffee, fairlife protein

l - fairlife protein

d- pollo asada taco/salad in a bowl

s- L&F yogurt, string cheese, SF jello, SF popsicle

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

catwoman7
on 4/2/23 8:47 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Hi All -

I'm back for now. Sorry for the disappearance, but I'd rather back off and lay low than be negative - which, unfortunately, was where I was at for awhile. I've been really bogged down with two ailing mothers (DH and MIL) and way too many responsibilities with these organizations I'm in - plus there's classes and books and films (the latter two for the discussion groups I'm in). It had all come to a head. But as of this past week I've resigned my positions from a couple of these groups effective at the end of this season (so...May. I didn't want to leave them in too much of lurch), and classes will be over then as well. And there is no way in hell I'm ever taking four classes again!

I'm feeling behind on planning my (July) trip to Sweden, but DH decided a few days ago that he wants to go, too, so we've got to clear it with these mothers and get something lined up for them in case anything happens while we're away. We'll also take a somewhat abbreviated trip so we'll only be gone eight or nine days (so 6-7 full days there. Not enough for me, but then, we gotta do what we gotta do). I know the mothers want us to travel, but with their health - ugh. I'd considered not going, too, but then, they could be like this for the next year - or more. But as long as we're 100% sure they're OK with us being gone, and someone on-call for them in case anything comes up - someone who can either stay with them or has contacts who can stay with them if need be - then I guess I'm OK with it. And there's also a chance MIL won't want DH to go - which is why I haven't gotten plane tix yet...and why I'd still be OK going (even by myself) given that it's an abbreviated version of the trip - half of which I"ll be with my cousin (one who lives in Chicago...she'll meet me there because she'll be in London with the Lyric Opera beforehand (she's on the board)).

busy week ahead - both the mothers need to be carted back and forth to various appts (doctors, dentist, and to the hospital for a nuclear stress test (for my mom)), plus a couple of meetings and then classes - and some big banquet on Thursday night - then off to Chicago very early Friday morning to spend the day downtown with my cousins. Will probably spend the night somewhere there unless I have enough energy to just drive home that night.

QOTD: well 18 was a big one because back in those days the drinking age in most states (in the US) was 18. Also, 25, because a bunch of friends had a big surprise party for me. Most of the rest have been pretty low key - we usually just go out to dinner somewhere and have cake at home later.

B: plain skyr with cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: meeting a friend at a Chinese noodle place - so one of the noodle dishes with veggies and tofu, since I have a hair appt right afterward and won't have time to come home - it'll be a bit too warm for a dish with meat to sit in my trunk all that time.

AS: nothing - I'll be at the hair place, plus I'm sure that lunch will hold me over for a L-O-N-G time...

D: maybe just something like yogurt - I had too many calories yesterday, so I need to be careful today

have a great Sunday, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/3/23 8:24 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Glad you took the time you needed. Sounds like you have more than enough on your plate.

Also glad you're still looking at options for your trip this summer, and that you'll be able to take time for you.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics