What's on your Wednesday menu?

Sheila_H
on 5/3/23 7:52 am, edited 5/3/23 5:15 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

De-poop, that was my son's job in the backyard. And funny thing he would negotiate his price after he had done the job. Like this week it was a lot more than before, almost getting paid by weight. DH is not happy that he needs to do it since DS left for college.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Grim_Traveller
on 5/3/23 11:35 am
RNY on 08/21/12
On May 3, 2023 at 2:35 PM Pacific Time, Partlypollyanna wrote:

My subdivision is full of little hustlers. They will pull weeds, shovel snow, walk your dog, de poop your yard, they are all about the gig economy, lol. My favorite though is the girls who will hide your kids Easter eggs for you!

Euphemism?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/3/23 12:17 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

No, they really hide colored eggs all around!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 5/3/23 4:28 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I have never heard of such a thing, but I'm just tickled by it.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/3/23 4:30 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I think this was this third year. I have considered hiring them to just hide eggs in the neighborhood.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 5/3/23 6:18 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 5/3/23 7:29 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Team 19-year-old should cut the lawn for a win!!!!!!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 5/3/23 8:33 am - Warren, OH

19 is old enough to mow the lawn.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 5/3/23 12:32 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

10 is old enough. LOL when Grant was 10 and he visited he begged to cut the lawn. Of course, we let him. Never underestimate the enthusiasm of a young man.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/3/23 5:11 am, edited 5/2/23 10:15 pm

Good morning

QOTD: my cat Dewey. Some cats are the most friendly animals there. Emma- our other cat - she would not be nice right now..she really wanted to be "only cat" so when we got Dewey, she got serious attitude and she often just hates me now. Until Dewey, she was the sweetest cat, very loving and almost clingy.

My carb detox is still going strong. It took a 24 hrs of eating crap to get back carbs cravings. Ugh. O well. At least now - because of the nasty cold sore my lip, I have to really be hungry to eat something. Opening my mouth hurts, so here is the dilemma between hungry and pain.

My post on FB: " Keith. He is so difficult to please.
I offered to set up a notification on his phone, totally annoying and useless, and he said "No". Can you people belive that?"

BTW- for some of you that noticed my post on FB - the story goes: I'm still learning about the new phone pixel 7pro. Some apps don't work well with it and that's super annoying. I.e. clock- alarm app I used with my other phone, doesn't want to work well. So I started using Google "clock". My alarm is set at 6am. But...we were woken up at an alarm st 4:30, then 5am, and so on. For a few days I tried to find out what the heck is going on with my phone. So did Keith - as my official home IT.

Well.. yesterday I found what I did to it. There is an option in general settings that you can set up notifications for upcoming alarms. And you can asign a tone music to it. Yeap. So the phone was playing (at 100% volume) to let me know I have an alram set up...starting 90 min before he alarm, every 30 min.

Keith (IT) didn't know about the feature, so after I found it again, and reset to "no tone notification " I offered to set it up on his phone. He declined. Very firmly. "No". (I didn't tell him what I did to fix it)

In my first job in Canada as an engineer, I worked for R&D department. One of roles we had was to evaluate and recommend new testing or manufacturing equipment for production. We would get a prototype, or a demo unit and we needed to make sure that it's reliable and do what it supposed to do. After 1.5 years there I was the official equipment tester. I had an ability to make the machine freeze, or give faulty results, or simply fall apart. Not mechanical breaking, but I had the uncanny ability to discover flows in coding, programming, even setting up parameters, simply stop working the way it was supposed to. If the machine can be locked due to internal errors - I would find it in first 30 min. I often couldn't repeat what I did, what command I put together for the stuff to stop working. My guys (my R&D group was 5 guys and I) were very proud on my abilities. Often I accomplished that during a demo of the new equipment, as the rep or the engineer from the other company were doing their sell pitch - I would make the machine doing stupid- or undesirable things. I still can look at new designs, new products- and tell people why " it's not going to work, you need to do ABC to it before we can consider using or selling it".

Unfortunately, my ability can't be be turn off turn off at will, so with new computers over the years, my IT team had to make sure my computer had a full backup because the earlier ones - they often had to be reset, wiped out, and then restored. That's why I hate changing computers, phones, etc. Because if there is a setting you really don't want to use, and it's rather hidden - I'll find it and activate it, or deactivate vital functions. I often ask my IT guy to set some parameters for me, just in case...because I'm the person that "would push the red button just to see what happens".

Most of the time I have a vague memory what I did... and when I have time, I can find it again and reset. (Almost hidden functions)

So..my day today started with no alarm at 4:30, but promptly at 6 am. Yeay.

Today busy at work plus I have a massage at 4:30 so a short day. Costco after.

Yesterday was a semi short day because I had to leave work at 7 to drop a FedEx package for overnight delivery (we sent a shipment with parts missing, oops, so we had to overnight them.) I had to do it, but it was my team error in not including the parts and not responding to customer and arranging the shipment before pick-upyesterday. Ugh.

Sometimes I need to be a part of a team, and instead of asking them "what the hell people" - find solution and take care of it - as in "do the work myself without giving the team a hard time about it. "

Menu:

Liquids through a straw. Ugh.

Late L: something easy...

S: I need some meat sticks in between massage and Costco- or I buy the whole darn store (re - bad habit- food hoarding - buying too much food).

D: I may get something in Costco or i would have a serving of frittata for dinner, not lunch.

BTW- simple and fast food prep - cooking - Kevin's paleo dishes are great. But I can get just the sauce and use my own chicken or beef. Paleo- there is no crap i can't have and it's very tasty. I get roasted chicken from Costco once a week, then use the meat for different meals. But plain chicken is OK for a few meals, and Keith doesn't care too much for "just roasted chicken". Using the sauce, I can turn simple chicken into a full of smell and taste meal in 15 min. Yesterday I made chicken in "tikka masala" sauce. Plus sautéed spinach with feta. Nice.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 312 views