Finally (Photo) Friday!! What's your plan?

Julia S.
on 5/5/23 8:53 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- When I was a kid I made peanut butter cookies and forgot to squish them down with a fork, and manage to dump them all in the bottom of the oven.

Starting my big job today it ends up being about 45K feet of cable I'm placing. I'm hoping it won't be too bad. I already built the 5.3 mile private road from satellite pictures. That was actually kind of fun.

I'm am beyond upset with Twitter. My account was hacked and I notified them as soon as I found out. Well now my account is permanently suspended for violating the terms of service. What?? Being hacked violates the terms of service? Can I say how much I hate the current owner, I won't mention his name.

My Mom's new credit/debit card was hacked. Someone tried to use it to withdraw approximately $6K. The person at the credit union had the audacity to say that it could have been me or my roommate. She also was saying it could have been her computer or phone was hacked. Eventually she told me that it was an ATM's that they tried to use it at. Which means that they had a physical card. So my response is show me the ATM photos and why did you not report it to the police? I also remembered that they sent her a new card and she never received it, so they sent her another one. My question was it a duplicate card or did it have another # on it? So if I have a chat with the credit union I will not be pleasant. I am so offended that she could accuse me or my roommate of this. I'm already on my Moms account so I have no need to do anything like this. I'll get it figured out.

Have a great Friday everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

White Dove
on 5/5/23 9:42 am - Warren, OH

My sister was manager at a credit union. Most of the thefts are by family members. She would bring the people into her office and show the film of their kids at the ATM machine. The parents would get really quiet when it dawned on them that they were watching their kids steal from them.

One of my friends had a daughter that had a summer job delivering mail. She and her friend came up with a scheme to steal ATM cards and use them before delivering them to the owners. They would take the cards to an ATM and get cash. My friend was in shock when his daughter was arrested for that.

That credit union has film and I believe that your mom can demand to be shown it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/5/23 11:12 am

Lol. I was reading the title and initially I read it as "what's your pain" (not plan)

I had to read it again. My medicated lip is doing better pain wise. But in the shower the water ripped it open, so that's new. But unless I touch it, or try to talk, or yawn, etc, it's fine. (It was burning, hurting ALL the time before, with a really bad pain when I touched it). Progress, not perfection, right?

And my knees are burning up. But that comes and goes. I found (Costco) grain free chips, that are absolutely wonderful. SIETE grain free tortilla chips. They are made with cassava flour, cassava starch, coconut flour, chia seeds and avocado oil. And sea salt. Really good, and they didn't (yet) gave me RH, even though they are full of carbs.

My gut objects to them only a little bit. But starches and my gut = arthritis pain/burning. For someone who can't have any other chips, I went a bit crazy on them yesterday. The positive thing - a great BM this morning.

I eat stuff like that then wonder why I'm not losing...I'm not gaining so that's fine for now.still app 12 lbs to my goal.

Qotd: cooking? Putting too much salt then I had to double the recipe to reduce the sodium per a serving. Forgot to add baking powder and ended up with cake/cookies absolutely inedible. Or adding too much stevia - making the baked good inedible. Too much stevia makes the stevia aftertaste- bitterness and some, much much stronger that the sweet taste, and there is no way to fix that.

Accountability. Yea, too many chips, and fruits. I had 2 apples and a bowl of strawberries. Carbs galore yesterday. That's OK. I'll call it my "recarb day".

Menu for me

Liquids

Late lunch: cheese cut in small strip so I can put in my mouth without opening it too wide.

D: maybe Cesar salad with chicken. So something else... ugh..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/5/23 11:40 am

BTW - geometry and algebra were my 2 favorite math subsubjects. Calculus - I loved dearly, then I ended up in seriously advanced calculus at my university and ...I stopped loving it. After test class I adamantly switched to engineering physics. Initially I was planning to get a degree in Advacend Practcal Mathematics. Nope. My brain. Was too normal for that.

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 5/5/23 11:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I dearly loved Calculus, too - but after what you said, maybe it's good I didn't change my major to math (which I considered after discovering my love for calculus) - I may have stopped loving it after taking advanced calc, too!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/5/23 12:48 pm

We had a few geniuses in math at my department at university. 4-5?. I wax jealous I couldn't "get it". They actually understood the numbers theory and could visualize (in their brains) the multidimensional universe and solve theorems and field equations anc complex calculous, and and .... they couldn't really explain that to a more normal person.

Yesrs later, when i was already living in USA, and tried to reconnect with people from my university- i learned that "the geniuses" - 2 of them were dead, one was in a mental institution, one on permanent disability for untreatable depression. My first year roommate, who like me, was studyning got Advanced Engineering Physics (optics), and after got PhD in Physics (she was smart - almost brilliant), got psychosis and possible schizophrenia.. We were good friends when we were studying for at least 3- 4 years. She got weird in fifth year. Our program was 5year - finishing with MSc Engineering Physics - or Advanced Mathematics (we had to pick fields of study after 1-2 year).

I stopped being jealous of people that were able to understand more things than I did.

I learned to appreciate myself and my abilities, and not "ask" for more.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 283 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views
Recent Topics