What are you up to on this Saturday, Menu-ers?

White Dove
on 5/6/23 9:30 am - Warren, OH

I have seen some great memes about Carmilla, assuring everyone that there really is hope for side chicks.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 5/6/23 10:16 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Just think of how many tabloids would be out of business if they had let Charles and Camilla marry originally.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/6/23 10:02 am, edited 5/6/23 9:58 am

I have a Canadian citizenship so the UK king/queen is also our king/queen. But I have no desire to watch the celebration. I don't have a lot respect for the current UK king, so I don't really want to watch that.

I skipped OFFICE work yesterday. I was very tired, it took me forever to wake up, then I was just super grouchy. Any little things irritated me. So I stayed home, irritated myself only (and Keith- a little bit), and took care of a few things from home. Worked app 6-7 hrs total remotely. Next week would be interesting. Very busy. Plus I have bunch of appointments.

I had a consultation with a laser person to see if she can use that to shrink - close some capillaries- blood vessels on my face- my cheek. I have an appointment in 2.5 weeks. It's not even that expensive, $100 per treatment, and if the procedure doesn't work, she is not going to charge me.

My lip condition is slowly improving. After just 2 applications of the Rx cream, it stopped spreading, and it stopped hurting/burning all the time. It still huts if I touch it, or accidentally bump it. But I can drink from a cup now. I had to use a straw all the time. I forgot how bad the fever blister can get. But...it would take another week to heal it completely. Great.

Not sure what I will do today. I went to bed early and got up late. In bed 11 rs, slept at least 8 full hours. Sleep is one thing I can count on.

Qotd???? No question...

Menu:

Liquids

L: something- maybe salad with chicken or frittata.

D: I really want so roast beef

S: cheese, strawberries, apple. Maybe some SIETE chips.

I really want to cook today. I want to make ghee, keto cloud bread and buns, egg white tortilla, and liver pate. Plus I have some pork shoulder to cook, plus need to disassemble roasted chicken, and check some meat in the fridge. Toss it or use it in a dish.

I hope I can do that this weekend.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Melody P.
on 5/6/23 11:52 am - Amarillo, TX

Good afternoon y'all.

not much to today. We took two loads of trash out of my brothers house. It ended because my SIL had a hissy fit. "I'm just going to throw everything away!" We told her it wasn't our fault their house was the way it is. She was really ugly to us and her kids. Come to find out my brother had spoke to her about going through stuff. Guys...they have had mice and she wants to keep things covered in that stuff. We are disgusted. Therapy for them starts Monday...thank the gods. I know she is nuts but people shouldn't coddle her either. I'm over their crap!

I had a fall yesterday. One of the kids had partially broke he toilet seat. I sat down on it and it came apart. I tried to get my footing and ended up falling backwards and landed in the toilet bowl. So embarrassing and Ouch. I am hurting badly today but I still have to get stuff done.

We've pretty much decided not to go back into that house until they are done.

Food is iffy. I had a pancake and chicken sausage on a stick for breakfast. I had half a sandwich and a peanut butter and jelly protein bar(190 calories). Dinner will likely be pizza. My brother is supposed to get it so I don't know if it's frozen pizza or bought fresh pizza. Knowing them it'll be frozen.

hope y'all are having a good weekend!

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/6/23 5:06 pm

I'm so sorry about the fall. What most people who are not in pain don't know is that any extra injuries to us can get the pain well above the "normal levels". It sucks. And it takes a while for things to get back to the same pain as we deal with everyday.

I'm glad you and your mom decided to stop going to that house at least for a while. The dust, debris, plus any type of animal remains- feces can seriously affect breathing and bring on more allergies.

Often hoarding is brought by mental issues and a few shows I saw about hoarding- the main hoarder would have a fit about cleanup.

Maybe they don't care if the kids are taken from them for good?

Hugs and best wishes.

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lmfontana4
on 5/6/23 5:37 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Not a fun fall, but they never are. Hope you feel better soon.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

lmfontana4
on 5/6/23 3:00 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Hope ever is enjoying their weekend.

Last night I got that episode of intense abdominal pain (not as bad as the first episode a month ago) with nausea/vomiting. Last time I assumed it was because I was FOS. I know I am not since I have been very diligent with my smooth move tea with good results. This morning my stomach felt a bit off but thought I needed something in it. It did not sit well so have taken some pepto to sooth the stomach, which works for a bit, a little Zoltan, ginger. Stomach keeps getting twingy with discomfort that radiates to my low back. Makes me wonder about another internal hernia that slips in and out. I might need to fu with the surgical team. I am bummed since I now can't go to the historic tour and dinner. I am sending DD and her friends to dinner without me since theee is no refunds.

I did manage to get a couple of my planters built and need to build out 2 more. My garden soil has been delivered. Hopefully I feel well enough to work on filling the planters tomorrow.

menu TBD

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/6/23 5:15 pm

Hugs. I hope you feel better.

Unfortunately I get FOS once in a while even though I get daily BM and I'm very diligent about taking miralax and magnesium. For me - longer IF plus a extra serving of miralax often helps me to determine if constipation is an issue. I also consider stomach virus- food poisoning a possibility when I feel like you describe.

TMI - Because of low gut motility - my system can take 1-2 full days before I start getting "looser BM". Not really runs, but easier, with more gas".

I hope it's not hernia. Ugh.

lmfontana4
on 5/6/23 5:39 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Yes. I had lots of gas. I did double up on the laxative yesterday because I was concerned that the earlier "off" feeling was not good evacuations (also TMI). Lots of discomfort despite a couple of good movements.

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

lmfontana4
on 5/6/23 5:41 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

I was wondering if anyone has any updates on CH? I am hoping her surgery went well and she is progressing toward healing and no more pain.

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 325 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?