Happy Sunday Menuer's!!

Amy Liz
on 5/7/23 8:50 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I have 4 more weeks of wait for Matthew Perry. I put on hold in December!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 5/7/23 7:37 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I also am too short, lol.

qotd - that happens sometimes to me and I go back to old favorites vs anything new. I had watched a series on AMC called Ragdoll a year or so ago and about 8 last night I noticed that the library app had the book available to "read now" so I did and finished up about 2 this morning..I also read the first few chapters of the sequel so it was pretty good. Ragdoll by Daniel Coke. The Golden Spoon was a fun light read set in a bake-off style competition. Yellowjackets is still good and I'm enjoying Brokenwood Mysteries new season.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 5/7/23 7:56 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I am up on YJ's - the latest one did not disappoint!!! You're right - I'll try to reset with something completely different.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

Lisa91941
on 5/7/23 8:21 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Just added The Golden Spoon to my wait list. 77 people in front of me! Can't wait.

Grim_Traveller
on 5/7/23 8:39 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm unable to focus on new things at times. I also usually just default to a book, tv show or movie that's very familiar. Especially late in the day.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/7/23 8:46 am

You are too short? I'm not only too short, but I'm shrinking. I used to be 5' 4" now I'm 5'3". BMI can kiss my ass.

BTW- because of my active life when I was younger, + genetics, strong wide bones and wide frame, BMI is not a good indicator for my body fat%. I need to be at least 5 lbs heavier from my highest normal BMI to be OK. When my body gets to high normal BMI - I'm actually underweight- sickly looking and feeling. Even though I had some skin removed during body conturing surgery- there always would be extra skin on me plus extra fat cells - maybe empty fat cells when I'm at my ideal for me weight, but they are still there, empty, hungry - just looking to get full. Bustards.

Anyway

Qotd: I'm lately into audiobooks mostly, I just have more time to listen to them than sit and read.

Do you like sci-fi? Funny books- pallet cleanser for me laughing outloud -Bobiverse, or "Monster hunter International", or now I'm in a middle of "Exeditionary force" by Craig Alanson series (hilarious)

Dark book but really "Empire of the Vampire" - by Jay Kristof - the book is crazy good, audio specially. The narrator (don't tell Keith) his voice...OMG ...naf said.. it's not your typical vampire book. My sci-fi group on FB strongly recommended it, and I got it. Then I bought a brand new hardcopy- I never - or really selm buy new books, and very seldom hard copy... it's dark and depressing..and it's a first book in series...first and only for now...

From different genre, funny - adventure type - Clive Cusler - his Dirk Pitt series, or Numa...easy to read, or listen to. "Good people wins all the time and Americans are the best".

There are the plenty of Baldacci books. Some stupid but most entertaining. And popular so easy to get in a library. His Camel club series was good. His Vega Jane -YA fantasy (kind of Harry Potter with a young girl as main character). Was cleanand easy to read- listen to. And so on. I don't care about his "Maxwell and King" books, they are rather stupid.

Spy- assassin books- Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn (later Kyle Mills). Or ex military Jack Reacher series by Lee Child. Simple, easy to read, and always "good wins against bad" books.

And a detective series with a touch or romance and sci-fi - "Ã--Ã--Ã-- In death" series by JD Robb (aka Nora Roberts). I think there are like 50 of them?

I don't read books- I inhale them. Lol. There are so many I really like for different reasons..

What books you like? BTW-" SK books - I can read - listen to sometimes- maybe one book every 3- 4 months. They are too "heavy" for me in my current life- stress.

Dean Koontz books are ok. His Odd Thomas series is OK. The first book - they made it into a movie so you can start there. Weird..but ok. That's why I read his books- they are all weird. And of course Jack Ryan series by Clancy. They are good, ok, but again- long and full of political issues" so I can handle one every few months. Some are more difficult to get into than others.

As for movies - series- I'm not much in that now. When I work late I often turn on and "watch" (as I'm working - I have 3 monitors at work so one can be sacrificed for a movie when I do something mandane like compile a report, balance books, etc.). The 3 FBI series- FBI, FBI international, FBI most wanted - they are my to go "noise generators" (late in the office by myself- and we do have ghosts - "spirits" in there, that sometimes tried to make me leave). And the Seal team, and Swat team. Older cute matcho buffed guys to look at. Lol. Why not?

Yesterday I just sat around and did almost nothing. I planned to do so many things ...or rather hoped to do.. I did my laundry (personal), plus I re-baked and stripped the roasted chicken from Costco. I have the clean chicken meat that I can make into easy dishes in 15 min - I have some Kevin's sauces that makes plain chicken very good.

And ... in a middle of the day Yesterday I step on a scale that happily showed me below 160... I lose in steps. I was 162.5 +/-2 lbs for close to 2 weeks. Then yesterday- 158.. loss of 4.5 lbs in 3 days. I'll probably would be stuck here for another 2 weeks. That's ok.

Accontability: I finished my strawberries plus started on blueberries... so I had at least 16 oz of berries yesterday. One berry at a time. Ugh. Plus the SIETE chips. Finished the bag. Unless I can control how much I eat of the chips - I may have to stop buying them. I'm not a chip person. Never was, so that is new to me. They are super light, crunchy, and salty just the right amount. But...they hurt my lip now- the stupid fever blister

Lately my IF lasts until 2 or 4 pm at work or home). At work- we have manufacturing in our office building so there are 3 shifts - 11:30, 12, the office people start around 1... I hate prepping my lunch with others looking into my stuff... I hate people leaning over my dishes trying to figure our what I making...and asking me a bunch of questions...or asking to taste it. When I can get my 15 min lunch I don't want to be disturbed..

And there is a break 2-2:45... ugh. So I often wait until 3 to reheat my lunch. Or 3:30

There are "innocent questions " but when you are bothered by them every day, it's annoying. The expectation that someone would pop into the kitchen "because your food smells so good" is really annoying. Yes, people have no boundaries- they would lift the cover of the skilet witn me present there to see "what I'm making ". No boundaries. Even though I'm a boss. Then they bombard me with questions how I make it. Ugh. Absolutely hate that. Or, as I'm slicing an avocado they stay and stare and tell me they love avocado and ask if I'm going to eat the whole thing. Really. I'm out of ideas how to correct that.

They share some foods between each others... so they expect me to share also. But what they eat- i.e. pizza, cakes, cookies, bread, etc. - is not something I want to eat.

I probably need to address the issue with their manager. He can tell them to leave me alone when I'm in the kitchen prepping my lunch.

Menu

Liquids- coffee tea water electrolytes

Lunch: eggs? Maybe frittata... but I really want to bake the bacon today to have a grab and go pieces.

D: something with chicken or liver - I may just have liver and spinach, and hopefully I can make liver pate...(I like liver and when I crave it- drooling - means I need the iron and minerals)

S: rest of the blueberries, cheese, maybe some belgium endive for crunch

I really hope I can do some cooking- baking- prepping today.

And we need to set up Keith's work space downstairs. He twisted his ankle and getting up and down the stairs to get to his cave - where he works remotely from, is aggravating his ankle. Based on my experience with injury like that - it may take a 6 months before he can heal that. Injuries like that in "people of certain age" takes longer to heal. It can be arthritis or sprain, strain of ligaments- all of these combined. We have ankle braces, lidocaine patches, k-tape, red IR light, plus he gets acupuncture plus... A complete healing still can take 6-12 months. 6 months to improve by 90% the next 10% - takes another 6 months based on my experience with pulling, twisting or slightly teared ligaments (full recovery- no residue pain). So best if we set his office downstairs for at least 6 months.

We will see. He is stubborn so often reluctant to change. I never push him, just suggest, then suggest some more...and offer to help. Then I back off.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 5/7/23 9:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

BTW- because of my active life when I was younger, + genetics, strong wide bones and wide frame, BMI is not a good indicator for my body fat%. I need to be at least 5 lbs heavier from my highest normal BMI to be OK. When my body gets to high normal BMI - I'm actually underweight- sickly looking and feeling.

I think I'm kinda the same (well, in a couple of ways - I used to be 5'7", and I'm now 5'6"). But weight-wise, too. I had a DEXAscan when I weighed 146, and I had 21% body fat, which is very low for a woman. The technician said it was time to stop. I did get lower than that for awhile (high 130s), but I looked terrible. I look my best in the 150s (well, probably even low 160s, but I like the sound of 150s better).

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/7/23 2:51 pm

I had a few body analysis dexa cans in the same location. My first one, 8 was at 152 lbs, and I told the guy I'm losing weight and at my age, I wouldn't want I get below 20% body fat. He as very sceptical about me being that close. Well.. the scan showed 21%. Hecwas surprised and he told me that. And as a researcher and a Couch, he told me that for a woman going below 18 % would be difficult, if not impossible. I only laughed at him, and told him that I just need to stop worrying about eating enough.

The next time I had the Dexa, I was at 136 lbs, and I knew I was too skinny, unhealthy skinny. My Dexa showed 9% body fat. The professor decided to repeat the test, and he measured me and weigh me in the room. (To make sure what I told him matched what u told him and the # he had to enter in the system. The new scan showed him "more acurate" 9.1% body fat. He didn't know what to tell me, but he told me I should try to gain 5-10 lbs. That even postmenopausal woman need more body fat. My partner Keith was tested after me and test showed a little higher than normal body fat %. So the professor was assured that his equipment works as it was designed.

After that he asked me if I would volunteer into having my body composition get tested by 3 other methods- water imersion, impedance and air pod. NHe was doing resear*****omparing accuracy of different methods. I declined because it would require me to travel to another city, waste my time, and energy.

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/7/23 2:57 pm

I need to be around 150, with min and max 145-155. Higher than that I don't want because of my joints, but below 150 start looking unwell.

Most of us how difficult it is to be within narrow range.

My weight can fluctuate withing 5 lbs within 4-5 days. Depending on BM, carbs, fuilds, breathing, etc.

catwoman7
on 5/7/23 9:30 am, edited 5/7/23 2:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin Weekenders!

not much going on today. I'm going to an open house at my vet clinic today, which should probably last all of 30 minutes (it's a drop-in thing, and they have tours of the building (which at this point I probably own half of anyway, since we've been going there for 25 years and we've always had multiple cats (at one time eight at a time!) I don't even want to hazard a guess as to how much money we've given the place). Anyway, tour - I've been in the back rooms before, but I'll go again. They'll probably have snacks out in the lobby, but not particularly good ones, so I should be safe. Afterwards I'm going to a joint birthday party at one of the bars in town. It's really humid out today (rain is on the way!), so I'll probably skip exercise or do something at home - it's too humid to do anything outside.

QOTD: I'm not a TV watcher, so I'm no help for you there. And other than tons of reading material for my classes, I've had to read young adult (YA) books for my YA book discussion group, so I'm not of much help there, either! Hopefully this summer I'll be able to do more reading since I won't have all this class stuff...

B: skyr with cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS/L: protein shake

AS: I'll have what I ordinarily would have had for lunch between my two events today (so around 2:00-2:30) Maybe oatmeal topped with L&F creme brulee and a spoonful of tahini (I've had that a lot lately and would otherwise skip it today, but it sticks with me for a long time, so...)

D: coronation quiche, celeriac soup

have a great rest of your day!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 287 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views