It's a new week, what's on your plan?

Partlypollyanna
on 5/8/23 1:02 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning lovely people and welcome to the new week! This is me this morning; I woke up way too early and cannot get back to sleep, although I tried! I have a headache which is what woke me up, I think it's allergies from the yard work I did yesterday so will be short lived.

Sunday was good for me, did some yard clean up, turns out only one plant didn't survive the winter...and given how hard it was to get it's root out once I started digging, I think it may have not actual been dead just a slow starter for the season...but by that time I had already attacked it. I also trimmed down the roses and they did not go willingly, my arms look like I lost a cat fight!

My bestie is finally released from all her medical restrictions after almost 6 months (she had her bowel nicked during her colonoscopy, then multiple open abdominal surgeries to repair, then put in an ostemy and then to remove the ostemy). Her birthday is next weekend but she always has family stuff since it always falls around Mother's Day so I have planned us a fun girls weekend in June to celebrate her birthday...and the fact that she's here to have a birthday. I'm very excited for it.

QOTD - are you the planner among your friends/family or the go-along-with-er? I am the planner. Several of my friends say they'd never leave the house if I wasn't their social director. I do enjoy planning so it works out! My family makes fun of me because I am the planner but they also love that I always find interesting things for us to do....they just wish I wasn't so scheduled, lol.

Today is work plus some weights and stretching, I have to be on a panel for one of our virtual conferences tomorrow so I need to re-read the questions the moderator sent. I'm supposed to meet a friend for dinner and I'm hoping that being up for a bit with some coffee the headache will go away; otherwise I will reschedule once it's actually Monday morning. It's supposed to be an in-office day but I figured out what with my upcoming work travel I only need to go in once this week and once next week to hit my 40% (our "in office" includes any onsite locations, travel for work to customer/vendor sites so pretty flexible that way) so I'm staying home today, will go in later this week.

Menu today

coffee plus half and half and ginger or peppermint tea

scrambled egg with cheese or yogurt

maybe some chicken soup

either charcuterie board with my friend or something from the freezer at home

Have a fantastic start to the week everyone, make it a good one!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 5/8/23 2:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning! Love the cute coffee! Sounds like you have a fun plan for your friend :)

We had a great trip, but UGH, I really ended this trip with a bang. The real story of how I sprained my left knee and ended up on crutches is sort of boring, so I have decided that my official story will be that someone at CookieCon tried to "Tonya Harding me" and take out the competition at the knees with a rolling pin smiley-lol.gif

Anyway, I am on crutches for a few weeks which is really bumming me out. I miss Aleve. It hurts like a $%*#$. No rest for the weary, though. I am going to have Grim set me up at a table so that I am able to keep up with a busy week of cookie orders.

QOTD: I am usually the planner but I freaking love it when there is a competent person who take the reins and plans a nice vacation that I can just follow along. Traveling with Maryann is amazing--she is the best cruise director :) Throw back to our OH meet up in Paris!

I am really not too sure about what's happening with food today. I got myself an instacart order yesterday with balanced breaks, protein bars, and other grab and go things that I don't even need to heat up that I can remain off my feet as much as possible.

Let's say the plan is something like this:

B: Protein coffee

S: Balanced Break (nuts & cheese)

L: Protein Bar

D: Deli meat & cheese

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 5/8/23 2:53 am, edited 5/7/23 7:54 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

You look so Parisian in that photo!! I bet that was a great trip!

I hope Grim chased down the Tonya Harding of cookie con, lol! Hopefully, your knee gets better quickly!

(edited because I just had "for a few weeks" click and that answered my how long will you be on the crutches).

When you do your classes, can you bring a rolling chair so you can still work with all the people? Since it's your knee, I guess one of those knee scooter things probably wouldn't help.

Jen

Queen JB
on 5/8/23 3:01 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I am supposed to call the orthopedist today to get an appointment so they can do an MRI to look for ligament damage. But assuming it's just a bad sprain, it should be just a few weeks. We drove past a yard sale yesterday and they had 3 walkers. Grim wanted to pull over to get one for me, haha!

Partlypollyanna
on 5/8/23 3:33 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That's funny! My mind goes to why did they have 3 and then thinking I would have multiples in different colors so I could accessorize like with shoes, lol

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 5/8/23 4:38 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I had a plan that included cute little baskets for the cats to sit in, but she wouldn't hear it.

The house that had the yard sale with the three walkers has had a bouncy house in their yard, often for months at a time. I don't assert that the two things are connected, but . . .

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/8/23 10:43 am

Walkers are much better. I couldn't balance on crutches, plus my armpits hurt. I had a foot problem so I used a scooter.

I hope it's nothing major... I have arthritis in my knees and I was doing ok, but lately my knees got inflamed. I'm going to get steroids injection on my right knee to see if that helps. If that helps, I may get on a knees studies...so they would do things to my right knee (that is much worse). Will see.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 5/8/23 4:26 am
RNY on 06/03/15

oh no!! Lower body sprains (knees or ankles) are the WORST! I hope yours heals quickly - what a huge PITA!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Queen JB
on 5/8/23 7:18 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Thanks!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 5/8/23 5:27 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Oh no, curse of the crutches! Wishing you quick healing.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 135

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 418 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 147 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?