It's a new week, what's on your plan?

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/8/23 6:22 am, edited 5/8/23 5:37 am

First - I'm over SIETE chips. I'm divorcing them.

My own stupidity. Yesterday, instead of late lunch (4pm) I grabbed 1/2 cup of blueberries plus a big bowl of the chips. After I finished them, I realized I had no proteins or fat BEFORE I ate that. Crap. I ate 1/2 avocado and 2 oz of cheese, but it was too late. At 6:30 my BS started dropping. Ugh. I tried to correct it, but it got down to 35...yea.. I absolutely hate that. It took me 2 more hrs of eating more and more to get it stabilized. Ugh.

So... either Keith would finish them or I'll toss them 2 weeks from now. One way my body doesn't disappoint- I looked at the bag of the chips this morning and I got a slight nausea...aversion protocol...?

BTW- if I get RH due to carbs - that really activates my pancreas and it can work in overdrive for a few days...an insulin switch is in a full open position and it may take a few days to slowly close it a bit. I have to be very careful with any, even small BS fluctuations, plus I need to avoid fast - lean proteins, and most carbs. Today I probably would have avocado, olives, tsp of ghee, some pork (with fat) and so on. I hate RH and I HATE 1-2 days after a serious RH.

QOTD: I can and be the organizer, cruise director, guide and a translator. But I prefer others to do it, as long as it's done right.... as in - if you are doing it, don't blame it on me for getting lost, or not doing things you wanted to do. And don't get mad if I don't want to do something that would make me hurt myself... as in "bungee jumping " or "tubing in a mud" or similar things like that. P.S. I would love bungee jumping but with my back issues- I don't want to risk it, specially in a third world country. And don't force me to eat food I don't normally eat. So if pizza place is the place you pick, I would have tea or coffee and fast. Don't ***** about me not appreciate your choices. I don't complain.

I forgot I had a shoulder steroid injection today. Then work.

Menu:

Liquids

L: probably not much, maybe some proteins with fats...so scared of carbs

D: same...lots of water...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Teenie
on 5/8/23 8:13 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

The SIETE chips are a danger zone for me as well. The cinnamon ones with the coconut sugar are the worst. Aldi has a no grain pretzel that Has the same flour that I can proportion a bit better than the chips.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/8/23 12:46 pm

Re Aldi: they have the egg wraps - use them as pasta - roll it up, cut in strips - thin or thick. Holds the shape... love it.

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Grim_Traveller
on 5/8/23 11:02 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good luck with the injection.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/8/23 12:51 pm

My PM doc is one of the bests in town. As far as I know. (I saw a few)

He uses numbing before injections plus numbing with the injections.. so I almost always get close to instant relief partial pain after that. And they try to distract me .. so I barely notice I'm getting one. Except Si joints injections. These hurt, hurt a lot. Specially if my joints are locked in and twisted. But I get around 25-50% reduction in pain for 1-3 months. After that - they are locking up again.

Lisa91941
on 5/8/23 6:24 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. Brrrrrr. These weather patterns are crazy to me. So much fun yesterday and more today. Photos on Friday. Today we are having an easy day and then off to Wrigley Field for a game tonight. Bites and sips last night were incredible and the company was awesome.

QoTD: I am a planner (Rog might say controller) and usually organize family things or team up with my daughter to do it. But I love to hand over all power and follow like a puppy with people I trust.

food today Hard to tell

Found a breakfast joint down the road that has a roasted veggie and poached egg dish. Think we'll head there

L...unsure

D...unsure. Ballpark food? Thank goodness my only option won't be hotdogs I'd starve to death first.

Mary, enjoy that trip! We were just speaking of it yesterday

CH.. get better fast. I'm sorry you went through that.

QJB. Ugh. Crutches. I can't seem to do them and I'd be in a wheelchair. Which is not a terrible idea for working at a cookie station. If your doc will give you a prescription, many insurance plans will rent you one or buy you one! But again, uggedy, ugh, ugh ugh!

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Sheila_H
on 5/8/23 7:24 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

uggedy, ugh, ugh ugh!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Queen JB
on 5/8/23 7:27 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Luckily I am allowed to put a little weight on it, so I am just using them for support and not to hop around on. If things get tough, I think I will just have Grim throw me over his shoulder and cart me around ;)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/8/23 12:53 pm

Great idea...

Teenie
on 5/8/23 8:21 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

uggedy, ugh, ugh ugh! So well spoken.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views