What's on your Wednesday Menu?

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/10/23 7:13 am, edited 5/10/23 1:09 am

BTW: I don't think anyone would want to see me without underwear and pants.

Maybe one person. Lol.

My acupuncturist see me occasionally butt naked but we know each other for a couple of decades now, plus she treats people... I'm originally from Poland and undressing with a provider present in a room is a no big deal to me. Conditioned from the time i was a child... they freak out ..lol

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Partlypollyanna
on 5/10/23 8:04 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone! I love Pooh and the 100 acre wood gang.

I didn't get home until 1 am this morning but I had known it was going to be a late night and planned today off so I slept in until 830 which was nice. I am now enjoying my coffee and the JBO finals week, episode 1.

QOTD - history - I love micro histories where they go deep on a specific event, biographies, and then omnibus style where they cover an entire city or a set of individuals around an event (Simon Winchester does both micro and omnibus really well - loved his Krakatoa and The Atlantic) or mystery/suspense and fantasy.

Today I need to get in a workout, go to the nursery and get a plant to replace one that didn't survive the winter and plant it (and I always end up getting some for the deck) decide what I'm making for my friends that are coming over on Sunday (we have a wine and chalk event at the fairgrounds and then everyone is coming back to have dinner and watch a documentary on one of our favorite musicians) but mostly a chill day off.

I'm giving a one week try to a food delivery service called Factor75 and the meals are supposed to be delivered today so that's exciting.

menut

coffee plus half and half

pb English muffin

yogurt with nuts and raisins

something from the food delivery, if it is delivered in time

Have a fantastic mid-week everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 5/10/23 7:27 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Sounds like you're feeling better. Glad to hear.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Sheila_H
on 5/10/23 8:06 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Very glad to see you back, QJB, and on the road to recovery. Please take care and don't walk much.

Mother's Day is around the corner and I'm kinda bummed my kids are not here. I know, they are grown and flown but I wish they were closer. DS's last final is today, but when DH was inquiring about his plans turns out he is helping his gf move out of the dorms this weekend. Unlike Jim, I have no idea what DS is planning on doing this summer, except for the trips we are planning. He had talked about a couple of internships but I have learned my lesson, I listen and I nod and I don't give any input. In other words the helicopter parent has landed the helicopter.

QOTD: a lot of historical fiction, biographies, mysteries. What Lisa said made me laugh because it's true for me too: I would read the back of cereal boxes, cans, anything that has words on it. I remember one day my dad left me in the car for longer than he had expected. When he got back I was reading the gum wrap that had fallen on the floor. I will never forget his face. He smiled and said that's my Sheila. He took me to a book store right afterwards as a reward.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • TJ Kebabs, home made cottage cheese icecream
  • Protein pudding, jello, jerky
  • Amy's egg bites with cream cheese
  • E: 5.5 miles wog

Happy hump day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 5/10/23 8:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

The helicopter parent has landed, that's a hilarious way of putting it!

Jen

Sheila_H
on 5/10/23 8:34 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Can't take credit for that terminology. The therapist told me I'm the typical helicopter mom (always hovering and ready to jump in) and I need to land the helicopter. This is when I was getting push back from DS, so I learned my lesson. I'm still a helicopter mom at heart, but I need to control my impulses and let him do his thing.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 5/10/23 8:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Queen Juniper Berry, please use your wrap, or rolling chair or anything like that which helps!

Jen

Queen JB
on 5/10/23 3:38 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I tried. Kind of a fail, but I am a lot better than I was on Monday :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

lmfontana4
on 5/10/23 10:19 am
RNY on 03/24/21

My, it seems like many injuries and health issues lately. I hope everyone is feeling better and recovering. I dont want to leave well wishes out for anyone. Take care.

Last weekend, Saturday my stomach was still off so I didn't get a whole lot done that I had planned. Sunday, I was able to start moving dirt (that I had ordered 4 yards) into the new pots I had purchased. After getting only one 4 ft x 4ft planter 1/2 filled with many wheelbarrows full of dirt and looking at the larger above ground planters I thought there has to be an easier way to do this. I decided to rent a small stand-on skid steer to make the job more efficient. Which it did. I did still have to hand fill a few pots due to the shape and size. I have not quite completed the task and have a pile of dirt still waiting to be moved. I did get the raspberry bushed replanted into the new container. Now I have to make sure all the root system has been removed from the old planter before planting my veggies. I started this tedious project yesterday. That is the plan for the coming weekend.

On the mom front, she is still in rehab. However, mentally she had taken a positive shift in attitude, is participating more in PT/OT and saying she feels ready to go home. I think the fact that she was slated to go home last week due to insurance saying her coverage for care was ending really changed her perspective, making her realize that she needs to be ready to go home sooner than later. I anticipate she will get discharged home this week. Should hear about that today what the plan will be going forward.

QOTD: I don't really buy books anymore. I get my books from the library but the most common genre I read is psychological suspense novels.

Accountability: good

B: triple zero greek yogurt with berries and keto granola, cold brew with half n half

L: Asian chicken salad with light sesame ginger dressing

D: Berry chicken lettuce salad with light poppy seed dressing

S: 6 pc sf chocolate, protein frosty

E: 60 min yoga

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Emiepie
on 5/10/23 12:32 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Great news that your moms attitude is improving as I think that will also help with the physical healing.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 770 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 498 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 276 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 97 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?