What's on your Saturday menu?

catwoman7
on 5/13/23 7:36 am
RNY on 06/03/15

LOL (biking) - I build up to it - but I build up quickly because I bike almost every day as long as the weather cooperates. I start with around five or six miles and go from there. I'm up to 15-20 a day now. In another month or so, I should be able to do 20-30 (I've never gone over 30, though...but i know people who do!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Grim_Traveller
on 5/13/23 8:07 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Every once in a while I think about getting a bike. But I'm 100 percent sure I'd get killed.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

catwoman7
on 5/13/23 9:47 am
RNY on 06/03/15

luckily, this county has miles and miles of bike paths and trails, so it isn't often that I have to ride on a street (most major streets here do have bike lanes, but cyclists occasionally get hit by inattentive drivers in those - I prefer to stick to the bike trails and paths),

catwoman7
on 5/13/23 9:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15
Cautiously_Hopeful
on 5/13/23 7:56 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Impressive how much of a kitchen and cooking capability you've managed to pack into that RV! Your on the go menus look delicious.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Grim_Traveller
on 5/13/23 7:10 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning all. JB has her class today, so I'm going to be her legs. I think that's all we have going on. We haven'****ched the newest Yellowjackets yet, and have three more Perry Masons to watch. I also found 5 Perry Mason movies made in the 1930s, so at some point we'll give those a try. Maybe one tomorrow.

QOTD: My perfect day would be 72, sunny, and a slight breeze. But I like snow days, a good rain, mostly anything. The only things I'm not wild about are a week in a row of drizzly cold weather, or days up near 100 with a billion percent humidity.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 5/13/23 7:45 am, edited 5/13/23 12:59 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

Ah, Worf. He was one of my favorite TNG characters.

Hope you get the relaxed day today. With everything you've been handling, you could use it.

QOTD - Steel Grey overcast, 70 and breezy.

Today was a five turtle day getting into and out of town. This time of the year there are always box turtles basking in the road. Most of them aren't trying to get to the other side and just hang out, so they're something to watch for going in and out.

Yesterday did not go to plan. I sat down with my nice bowl of cottage cheese and couldn't get it down. Felt like nothing was moving and I just didn't have room. I'm experimenting with how to help with this but I'm a bit back in the volume camp again. Need food. This led directly to me making a variation of something called stick of butter rice yesterday. Rice is low FODMAP, so it was worth trying.

There were a couple of plant rescues from Lowe's yesterday morning as I shopped their clearance shrubs and their angel plants. I also picked up a couple of little Japanese maples at Walmart. I can't plant, yet but it's been rainy enough that they should be okay for a while.

I did get the probiotics and such. The GI doctor also called back. They want to wait six weeks since I just had surgery, which is fair. I asked for an appointment to establish care and discuss ongoing symptoms, so I managed to get that and my orthodontist scheduled for Monday. Exciting!

Today, I'm grateful. I've had enough strength to bear down on some things for cleaning. I still can't open one of my childproof medications, but I'm sure I can, soon! My strength is slowly, slowly coming. Continuing to work on this and stamina.

Menu - I already managed a small bowl of grape nuts microwaved in milk, most of an egg and some small pieces of chicken. I'll eat more of the rice and focus on some of the protein chips and such. Also going to make another protein pudding as that's currently much more tolerable than yogurt or cottage cheese.

Had some good ginger tea yesterday and I'll make some more today. Bonus since I have unused fresh ginger in the fridge. Cheers, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 5/13/23 7:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

we were originally going to go to Milwaukee today for some kind of walking tour their historical society was doing, but it's supposed to rain off and on today, so no (they may have even cancelled the tour as far as I know - I doubt there are many people who'd be up for traipsing around outside for six hours in the rain), Maybe next time.... So instead, I'll be over at my friend's this afternoon planning for the decommissioning of the server that our civic organization has been using for the past 10 or so years, since we've voted to disband the group. She's going to create a skeletal Web site on another server for historical purposes - and so people know what's going on (we've both worked in IT in the past, but I'm more of a hardware/networking person - whereas she was once one of the university's Web masters (before retiring). Web work isn't my thing - although until now, I've just continued to update content on the pages she created before I took over the Web job (for our organization). I can put together some basic page, but that's about the extent of my Web abilities..), For the next few days, I'll be removing ten years' worth of files from the existing server (and saving them on my laptop just in case...), and then we'll pull the plug on it. Sniff sniff (not really - I'm pretty burnt out and no one else ever wants to take over the Web job, so I would have been in this position for life if we hadn't voted to disband).

got notices that I have permission to audit both of the classes I requested for the summer, so that is great. Neither starts until mid-June (nothing offered in the earlier session (that starts next week) caught my eye, but that's fine because I need the time to get caught up with life. These moms and their various ailments and health crises have gotten me hopelessly behind.

QOTD: sunny always, for sure. I don't like overcast days. Temperature-wise, I prefer the 60-80 range. I can deal with hotter and colder than that (although it's not preferred), but I don't like extremes. Anything below about 20 or over about 90 you can have.

B: vanilla skyr with diced 1/4 mango, coffee with half & half

MS/L: protein shake

late L or AS: protein muffin or L&F creme brulee with a spoonful of tahini mixed in (everyone seems to be out of LL&F creme brulee now - I'm bummed - so i'll have to find a reasonable facsimile to eat before creme brulee comes out again (it's their seasonal flavor for the winter- which seems to extend into the spring..)

D: I may attempt some pasta dish from my new cookbook called "Noodles" (a bizarre choice for me since I can only tolerate very little pasta, but a girl can dream....). Plus some kind of protein to go with it.

ex: I didn't do any yesterday and I had a big lunch to boot (film group meeting) - so I'd better get my butt in gear today. Given the forecast, I'll go to the gym.

have a great day, everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 520 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views