What's on your Monday Menu?

Teenie
on 5/15/23 11:31 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

While I make my coffee in the morning, and I am waiting because it is a Keurig, I take a disinfectant wipe and wipe down the micro every day need it or not so our Microwave is usually pretty clean.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/15/23 6:40 pm

I can't use any appliance that is dirty. I moved my lunch to 3-4pm because a few times I cleaned something then turned to get my food to put in there only to find someone jumped in front of it "I just need to reheat it for 1 min" crap... have in mind in the small kitchen we have there are 3 microwaves. The person had to use the one I just cleaned. Seriously ...

I very seldom use microwave. Since my RNY I can't really digest "microwaved chicken".then I applied that to other meats that are also more difficult to digest. I use stove, small toster oven, GF grill. I bought the new over tiaster, really nice, but ...it's sitting in my office in a box. I just don't want to put it in the kitchen.

That's why I'm considering "an executive kitchen".

We have cleaning person coming in 2x a week because people who use the breakroom can't clean after themselves. "It's degrading to them" I was told. Ugh...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Julia S.
on 5/16/23 8:58 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- My Mom's birthday is on the traditional Memorial Day May 30. She will be 88 this year, not sure what we are going to do. I'll probably just get some Chinese Food to go for her.

I've been dealing with back spasms for the last week and a half. I went to the chiropractor and then ended up at urgent care. No structural issues but lots of pain. The Dr gave me a muscle relaxant- which puts me to sleep and some lidocaine patches which are hard to put on the center of your own back.

It's been hot here, over 90 for the last couple of days. I got the plants in the ground but between the East wind and heat they don't look too great. I've been watering them twice a day so hopefully they will bounce back.

I've been awol due to my back, it's hard enough to sit at the computer 8 hours a day. I've been using a heating pad almost constantly. But this too will pass.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 476 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 440 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 382 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?